Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Lux and veritas is absolutly amazing! Knowhere is a genius! she got the charcter of Jess so well, she's really great and her writing is never broing always amusing and great! i love her
i started a fic as well, i'm really happy about it and i was thinking about writing a fanfic about the campaign's bus stopping in Philly but i have yet to find a good plot.
if anyone is interested in reading my fic it's on FF and it's called Follow through (my penname is helaluvE). it'd be great to have more readers.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Quote:
Follow through (my penname is helaluvE). it'd be great to have more readers.
I LOVE THAT FIC!!! I've been trying to leave a review but you have it set to where you need an account to leave one...but it's really great i love everything about that story especailly the realtionshp between Jess and Doula and the fact that you had jess move on but things didn't work out and now him and rory are single both in town for christmas...love it...
Old 05-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

That fic sounds really fun...I'm curious about any Jess and Doula interaction.

I can't believe that's his sister's name.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramgirl (View Post)
I LOVE THAT FIC!!! I've been trying to leave a review but you have it set to where you need an account to leave one...but it's really great i love everything about that story especailly the realtionshp between Jess and Doula and the fact that you had jess move on but things didn't work out and now him and rory are single both in town for christmas...love it...
awww thank you so much that's nice, too bad you can't review, i'd have loved to read your thoughts on it sooner I'm really glad you like it
Doula and Jess' interaction is so fun to write
this afternoon while watching a soap with my mum i had this amazing idea for a new literati fic and i'm working on it, i can't wait to post it. inspiration is a crazy thing, i'm tellin ya
ramgirlthanks again, you just made my day
Old 05-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Congratulations everyone on 150 Lit threads here!

We need new fan art for the event.

Airie- thanks for starting the thread and adding those banners. Great title!

Mar- thank you for the links you posted in the previous thread (Jess' last scene looks great compared to that). I would have had a field day recapping that episode.

pinkchick5577- thank you for the Fan Art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGGF (View Post)
If Jess didn't get written off the way he did for the spin off, how do you think he would have continued to have been portrayed? Would Rory and him still have broken up?
I'd say yes. Realistically, Jess needed to leave Stars Hollow. He would have suffocated there. He needed to go to a bigger city, find himself, find creative outlets, get involved with other creative people... it would have made no sense for him to stay there. He never would have become the man he is now if he had stayed in SH, IMO, so I think he still should have left. At the time it was hard to see him leave the way he did but I think it was for the best. If he had stayed and Milo had stayed I think his character would have changed to fit that which would have been sad. I also think Jess knew, inside, that it was best to leave because Rory deserved someone to be in a better place too. I like how they got together in later years and still had that friendship and I like how that friendship will always be there.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

well said Kelly

Hela, your welcome i love that story it's different and I hope that you update soon!!

And this so far is the best Lit spin on the finale that i've read maybe if the author gets more reviews they'll continue.
FanFiction.Net : The Reply
Old 05-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Fireworks! Thanks Kelly! And you're right. As sad as I was to see him go, I've realized that the only way Jess could stay in Stars Hollow willingly for a longer period of time would be if he started assimilating, and that's just not him. And if he didn't do that and still stayed, he--really, suffocated is the perfect word. He finished up high school and ran like hell. It's a classic story.

I did it. Of course, I wasn't escaping the city, I was escaping my suffocating extended family.

Basically, there are situations that are just not right for certain people to be in. No matter how much they might mature with regard to everything else, they wouldn't be able to be in that environment without snapping.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

I agree that Jess and Rory probably would have broken up anyway, but I just disliked the way it actually ended. I've always wondered how they would have ended if it wasn't for the spin off, but even more so lately because I'm not taking summer classes so I'm reading a lot of fanfic. I was reading one where Jess stayed in Conneticut, but not in Stars Hollow. He moved to his own place a little closer to Rory and had the opportunity to sort of start over that way. I'm growing more and more accustomed to that idea. But I've also read ones where he tells her he's leaving and they break up that way, but still communicate. That's also an idea I like.

Although I'm not happy with the way it ended between them and how their relationship was portrayed later in season 3, I am glad that Jess wasn't around for them to butcher his character. I really, really like what he turned into.

Icon by misscla
Old 05-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kelly, I totally agree. I can't remember how I felt about his leaving back in season three, but now, I know that the only way that season could have ended was with his departure. From the moment he stepped off the bus, he was the big fish in the small pond. He probably felt out-of-place in SH, but he made the effort to at least tolerate it because of his ties to Luke and Rory. Then, when everything seemed to fall apart on him all at once, it made sense that he felt like he needed a fresh start somewhere new. There are those moments when I wish he came back after season three, just so we could have seen the awkward post-break up moment, but that feeling doesn't last very long. I know that Nag Hammadi was kind of that, but that was mostly him dodging her until he decided to go talk to her. Besides, now that I've had a few years to think about it, I can't imagine what they would have done with his character if he was still there when Rory went off to Yale. I'm very happy that we got to see glimpses of his journey from the angry, mixed-up teen to a more settled, together adult when his struggles could have easily ended after he left.

Last edited by rocky845; 05-22-2007 at 07:17 AM
Old 05-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

I love that we was never treated as an out of sight, out of mind character. He's so engrained in their lives. Which I think is really great for someone who, retrospectively, would look like a minor character in any other scenario.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramgirl (View Post)
And this so far is the best Lit spin on the finale that i've read maybe if the author gets more reviews they'll continue.
FanFiction.Net : The Reply
Thanks for the link! That was really well written. I'm kinda happy there weren't more chapters at this point though, 'cause then I would never have gotten any more work done today.

I hope she continues it soon.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think Jess' change is really great and he had to leave SH in season 3 but I always wanted them to be together in the end. I don't like how they 'said goodbye' in 6x18. This episode broke my little lit heart. Gilmore girls wasn't the same without Jess. When he showed up in 2x05 I just had to love him - I don't know why but I just had to. It's sad that there's no chance for a R/J relationship on screen but in my head they meet off screen - like Milo said.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Extreme Fan

^^ I hated their "goodbye" in 6.18 too..and the bus scene when jess leaves stars hollow is also so sad..U just knew tht this was kinda the end for them But even with those partings we know they will meet again and they will make it
Old 05-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Their sad moments...always had a tragic, heartwrenching quality. Especially the stuff in Say Goodnight, Gracie. The fact that they actually hashed stuff out in their season 6 goodbyes softened the blow a lot. You could sense that, despite the crappy way they were both feeling, the barrier was gone between them, because they were communicating so much more willingly. But the season 3 bus ride...again, Everything was so stifled and tense.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Everytime I watch that scene, I find myself thinking, "Say something! Damn it, one of you say something!". With that said...

How much did that one moment affect them, separately and/or together, in later seasons? Would their season four moments have been more civil (it's the only word I can think of ) if he had told her he was leaving and explained why he felt he had to leave?

Last edited by rocky845; 05-22-2007 at 03:43 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread