Reply   Post New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Elite Fan

The Bedford Diaries | Richard Thorne #6: Because he quit drinking on his own

Banner by Rea and hosted by Darcy
Welcome to Milo's
'The Bedford Diaries' Appreciation Thread #6
Show Information
In Canada: Airs Tuesdays on Chum Television.
Running Time: 60 min drama
Network: WB
Produced: From HBO Independent Productions, Warner Bros. Television Production Inc., and The Levinson/Fontana Co. With writers/executive producers Tom Fontana (St. Elsewhere, Oz, Homicide), and Julie Martin (Homicide), along with executive producer Barry Levinson (Rain Man, Good Morning Vietnam, Diner).
SYNOPSIS
The Bedford Diaries explores contemporary New York City-based college life through the unique prism of a provocative Human Behavior and Sexuality class. Controversial and charismatic Professor Macklin (Matthew Modine) will challenge and inspire the show's youthful ensemble of students as they explore their identities, relationships and sexuality in the most exciting city in the world. Among the students is the smart and attractive Sara (Tiffany Dupont). She has everything going for her until her brother Owen (Penn Badgely) walks into class. It's one thing to share in class, but she hadn't planned on sharing her private life with her sibling. Owen's new class partner is Natalie "the jumper" (Corri English). Two years ago she had a change of heart mid-dive off the Student Union building. Now physically recovered, she has to face the rumor mill and her ex, Richard (Milo Ventimiglia). He was the quintessential Park Avenue bad boy up until the moment his girlfriend jumped. Now a semi-changed man, he's majoring in Journalism, attending class and editing 'The Bedford Bugle.' In stark contrast is working-class Lee (Ernest Waddell), who has a noble heart, an artistic soul, a girlfriend and a fascination with Zoe (Victoria Cartagena). Zoe talks a fast, flirty and kinky game, but despite her brash veneer, she's got a secret.
Thanks to Michelle for hosting the WB
banner
CAST
Milo Ventimiglia-
  • Role: Richard Thorne III, but will go by Rick or Trey.
  • Character Description: He's a troubled, kind of dark person with a past and comes from a wealthy family (sort of like what his character was like in the Gramercy Park Pilot). He's majoring in Journalism and is also the editor of the college newspaper 'The Bedford Bugle'.
  • Everyone at the WB network wanted Milo for this part and persued him and only him for this role.
Ernest Waddell- Lee Rasmussen
Tiffany Dupont- Sara Gregory, the student government leader
Penn Badgley- Owen Gregory, Sara's younger brother
Victoria Cartagena- Zoe
Corri English- Natalie
Matthew Modine- David Macklan, the Professor of the seminar class
Audra McDonald- Professor Carla Bonatella
Peter Gerety-
CREW
Tom Fontana- Creator & Executive Producer
Julie Martin- Creator & Executive Producer
Jim Finnerty- Executive Producer
Barry Levinson- Executive Producer
Banner by Mia
FACTS
  • The series is filmed in New York.
  • The pilot is directed by
    Adam Bernstein
  • Milo began filming the pilot on March 2nd in New York and finished on March 17
  • Some location scenes were filmed at the Barnard College campus which substitutes for the Bedford College
    Photos:
    1 & 2 Thanks to the official Barnard College site found here
  • The WB hired 2 Barnard students as production assistants
  • Crew consists of 75-80 production and technical assistants
  • Ryan Link plays a singer at the campus coffeehouse. You can read more about Ryan's work at his official site here
  • Paul Fitzgerald, who played the janitor in Milo's TV series 'Opposite Sex', is one of the guest cast members in the pilot
  • In developing the project, Fontana and Martin got a hand from a friend of Fontana's, a professor at Columbia University, who shared with them some behind-the-scenes stories.
    It was another old friend of Fontana's, the WB Network's recently appointed entertainment president David Janollari, who invited Fontana and Martin to develop for the network neither of them had worked with before.

RATINGS
  • Pilot Episode ~ I'm Gonna Love College, air date March 29, 2006 - Households: 1.4/2, adults 18-49: 0.9, it did not manage to hold its lead-in

• Episode 1.02 ~ The Truth About Sex, air date April 5, 2006 - Households: 1.3/2, adults 18-49: 0.8

• Episode 1.03 ~ Tell Me No Secrets, air date April 12, 2006 - Households: 1.3/2, adults 18-49: 0.8

• Episode 1.04 ~ Zen & The Art of Manipulation, air date April 19, 2006 - Households: 1.2/2, adults 18-49: 0.7

• Episode 1.05 ~ Love & The Tenth Planet, air date April 26, 2006 - Households: 1.4/2, adults 18-49: 0.9

• Episode 1.06 ~ The Passion of the Beaver, air date May 3, 2006 - Households: 1.0/2, adults 18-49: 0.6

• Episode 1.07 ~ Risky Business, air date May 10, 2006 (part of a 2-hour finale) - Households: 0.8/1, adults 18-49: 0.5

• Episode 1.08 ~ Abstinence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder, air date May 10, 2006 (part of a 2-hour finale) - Households: 0.8/1, adults 18-49: 0.4

PICTURES
  • Cast- 1
    Thanks To Barely for hosting it
  • Milo as Richard- 1 & 2
    Thanks to Jess for making those caps

FAN ART
  • By Jess: 1
  • By Nida- rick/natalie WP: 1

LINKS
  • The official 'The Bedford Diaries' page at thewb.com can be found here
  • The WB released its official 2005 Image Campaign which contains some scenes from The Bedford Diaries. It's available here
Old 07-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I definetly about DB. I mean I was actively watching GG in S6 and people were curious what the show would mean for MV and his future on GG.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Since both shows were on the same network, I wonder how much of a factor it would've been. He'd obviously be busier but maybe there would've been some flexibility there.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess it would depend on filming. I know a reason Adrian Brody didn't come back to wrap up his storyline with Lane was because the OC was filiming episode everyday. Therefore, it would depend how free his schedule was
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

BD was filmed in NY and GG in LA so it would have been hard even if they were on same network.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

True but maybe there could've been negotiations of some kind, not that I really know how it works though. I'm guessing it would've been that much harder if the shows not only filmed on the two different coasts but were also on different networks.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I never knew they were actually filmed that far apart. It makes sense why it was hard though

KJS♥ first American Cesar winner
flightless♥bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Though they did manage it once, maybe... at least airing-wise they did. But idk what the actual filming schedule was.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

no title Joanna? and I loved Richard the most.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

I know that he was working on BD when he filmed the first Jess episode of season 6, and the second one was between Rocky and Heroes.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Wow that is a lot. I guess they would've had to plan that in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandroryforever (View Post)
no title Joanna? and I loved Richard the most.
The other one didn't have one so I just left it but title suggestions are always welcome
Old 08-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't even notice the no title

flightless♥bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

It works without it I guess and I don't have any ideas either
Old 08-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I can't think of any either