Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Johnny's dynamic with co-stars: who did you like, who didn't you, and who would you?

Johnny has worked with a slew of actors over the years, not to mention quite a few heavy-weights (Pacino, Brando, Orlando... okay, so not the last, but I was on a role with the 'o's!). Who did you like seeing him on-screen with? Which combinations made you cringe? And who would you like to see him star alongside in the future?

Just to refresh your memory, imdb's Johnny Depp page has links to all his movies and their casts. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

For my part, I'd say I like him with Benicio del Toro (they were hilarious in Fear & Loathing) and Christina Ricci (despite the fact that I don't enjoy her, they were awesome in Sleepy Hollow).

I'm looking forward to seeing him with John Malkovich in The Libertine, too.

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]
Old 02-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Passionate Fan

I loved him with christina and with his POTC costars
Old 02-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Addicted Fan

My favorite would have to be Benicio Del Toro. They were just hilarious together and did such a great job. I also loved him with Al Pacino. They had a really good chemistry and were able to play off each other well.

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Old 02-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Mary-Stuart Masterson, definitely, because Benny and Joon is my favourite movie, hehe.
"Now, I can hold a note for a long time, actually I can hold a note forever. But eventually that's just noise. It's the change we're listening for. The note coming after, and the one after that. That's what makes it music."
Old 02-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

Who did you like?: My fave co-star of his was Leonardo DiCaprio as Arnie Grape -- they were so cute together, and WEGG is one of my favorite movies with him ever; Brando's always a winner with me... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]; anything with him and Christina works; loved him in POTC and all its affiliates; Juliette Binoche as Vianne was another good one. The man just manages to make every movie with whichever co-star great.

Who didn't I like?: It's hard not to like Johnny with anybody 'cause he makes everything amazing, but I guess I'd go with Heather Graham -- she was a terrible Brit prostitute and just sort of bugged me the whole movie... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]...still liked the movie, just not her so much. *shrugs*

Who would I like?: Perhaps Julia Roberts...just 'cause I'm curious what that would be like; Natalie Portman -- I just love her, and it would be sweet to see her in a movie with him; Liv Tyler would be cool (could just be the inner Liv fan in me talking [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]); Anthony Hopkins -- he's a god among men; DeNiro would be interesting as well, can't remember if he already has or not; Milla Jovovich -- she's my fave model, and a pretty darn good actress to boot.

That's about all I can think of right now.

[ 02-27-2004: Message edited .:NiennaValandil:. ]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 02-23-2004, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

My favorite is undoubtedly Christina Ricci. Individually, they're brilliant actors and together they're just amazing. I love how full of depth they both are and it really shows in their movies together. Especially in The Man Who Cried. It's one of my favorite Johnny Depp films.

My least favorite is Heather Graham. No depth at all. A paltry co-star to Johnny's ability.

I'd like to see him with Charisma. Is it obvious how biased I am? I think they'd look really hot together. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'd also really like to see him with Jena Malone. And Adrien Brody.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

My favorites are probably Christina Ricci, Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly.

I'd like to see him work with Gillian Anderson or Miranda Otto for female co-stars.

~Kat
Old 02-24-2004, 12:40 AM
Addicted Fan

I love seeing Johnny with Christina Ricci--Their chemistry is gorgeous, considering they have like a 15 yr age gap between them.

I also liked Johnny and Winona back in the day, I felt that they had chemistry onscreen and off, which doesnt alsway happen between real life couples.

I would like to see him work in a buddy capacity with Christopher Walken or Benicio Del Toro, I think they'd all be wacky together!
Old 02-24-2004, 05:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCheshireKitten:
<STRONG>I'd like to see him work with Gillian Anderson or Miranda Otto for female co-stars.</STRONG>
I agree with you there about Miranda Otto. I think they'd be awesome together. Miranda is a great actress and I think she and Johnny would have a really good dynamic between them.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

I liked his relationship in the PotC with Keira Knightley, and I LOVED his relationship with Al Pacino in Donnie Brasco, they were perfect in the same movie together..haha

I didn't like his relationship with Penelope Cruz in Blow, I just didn't think they clicked..

I would like to see him work with Liv Tyler, Cate Blanchett and definetly Mirando Otto for female co-stars, and John Cusack for male co-star.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

I liked Orlando and Keira of course! I also thought he was good with Christina Ricci. And Juliette Binoche and the Deppster had GREAT chemistry.

I didn't like Heather Graham. I just couldn't feel the chemistry.

This would be weird but I really want to see him with Jennifer Garner. Not just because she's my favorite actress, but I don't know. I just think it would be hilarious for them to work together.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

I really liked the chemestry between him and Lili Taylor in Arizona Dream. Like I said, it's a weird movie, but his interaction with Lili Taylor is the main reason I liked the movie very much.

I'd really like to have him work with Brad Pitt, the other Hollywood chameleon. And also actress Cate Blanchett, who is like the female Johnny Depp for me.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I liked him with..
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Benicio Del Toro because he's one of my favorite actors and they were hilarious together in F&L.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Mary Stuart Masterson because B&J is my favorite movie of all time. Humiliated grapes rule! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Christina Ricci because she's one of my favorite actresses and she's been in.. Three great movies with Johnny.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Franka Potente because they had good on-screen chemistry in Blow.

I DIDN'T like him with..
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Heather Graham mainly because I just don't like her, and her accent in From Hell was horrible.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Penelope Cruz, she's just.. Ick.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Orlando Bloom.. Don't kill me, I just don't like him.

I would like to see him with..
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Naomi Watts, she's my favorite actress.
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Joaquin Phoenix, he's also one of my fav's.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have only seen him in a few movies at the moment, so I can't give a big thing at the moment. But I loved the POTC people he worked with. And I would love to see him work with Jennifer Garner (I second that vote) and Brad Pitt
Old 02-28-2004, 02:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

I already said who I'd like to see JD act with, but I'm excited to see him with Kate Winslet in Neverland -- they look like they'd be good on-screen together.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]