Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Finding Neverland Thread #1 ~ In cinemas near you!

~*~THE NEVERLAND DISCUSSION THREAD~*~

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] LINKS [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Official Neverland Site
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Neverland Fan Page @ JohnnyDeppFan.com
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Neverland @ RottenTomatoes.com
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] J.M. Barrie's Neverland @ IMDb.com

DISCUSSION STARTER:

What do you all think of Johnny taking on the role of the well-known novelist, J.M. Barrie? What are your opinons on/expectations for the movie?

[ 02-28-2004: Message edited .:NiennaValandil:. ]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 02-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Absolute Fan

again Janine you impress me with your amazing thread starters [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] This film intrgues me a lot, especially since we Just had Peter Pan not long ago.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm definitely looking forward to this film. Especially because I'm a bit of a Barrie buff. I've been collecting various versions of Peter Pan and do a bit of research about Barrie and Peter Pan.

Plus I'm happy and looking forward to Johnny Depp and Kate Wisnlet. I quite like Kate. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

One thing I will not be able to abide by is if they massacre Barrie's character like all those literary critics who speculate all sorts of rubbish about him.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yes Gail -- if they axe James through film, then we axe them savvy? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I like Kate too; she's very talented, and quite a looker. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 02-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Kate is very talented. She and Johnny would probably play off of each other well.

I'm interested to see Barrie's interaction with the children. I know Barrie loved kids and adopted quite a few of his own. I'd love to see how his relationship with children is developed throughout the course of the film.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm soo waiting up for this one, it's just that Barrie's Peter Pan is just a great book, and I would love to see his insperation for writeing it. How he got these characters and you know, just why for everything. I can't wait to see this, I'm sure it'll be great.

I agree, Kate is quite a great actress, I'd really want to see the chemistry with her and Johnny. See how well they work together, I'm sure they are great.

"My junk is you."
Old 02-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Starlightmint:
<STRONG>I'm interested to see Barrie's interaction with the children. I know Barrie loved kids and adopted quite a few of his own. I'd love to see how his relationship with children is developed throughout the course of the film.</STRONG>
Huh, never knew any of that. Now I'm looking forward to seeing if and how they portray it. Not to mention that JD has rarely made films where he interacts with kids, which will also be interesting to see.

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]
Old 02-29-2004, 12:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by stardevi:
<STRONG>Huh, never knew any of that.</STRONG>
Like I said, I'm a bit of a Barrie buff. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I could go on and on. But I'll spare you guys. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

It would be interesting to see how Johnny interacts with kids. Especially in this film, as I am predicting (or hoping) that the children will play a vital role as they did in Barrie's own life. Johnny has interacted with children in his other films but only fleetingly and not to the extent that I am expecting from this film.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Spare us? C'mon, as if we could ever get enough of anything related to JD. Anything in particular you're looking forward to in the movie, or tidbits about Barrie you'd like to share? Besides the children thing, of course.

... please?? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]
Old 03-31-2004, 05:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh I've been waiting for this film for a long time! Peter Pan is probably my favorite children's story (though for some reason I didn't like the Disney animated movie version... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] ) I am also looking forward to seeing Johnny and the kids, and him and Kate's chemistry. I think Kate's a spectacular actress. Wonderfull person, too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I am anticipating this movie very much.
[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

And may I add, again, he pulls off period clothing so well. He looks so handsome and proper, but still playful. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 03:15 PM
New Fan

How great! Thanks for posting the pics and info soo much! I am really looking forward to this! *is really hyper* [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] [img]smilies/chase.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Extreme Fan

This movie looks really good. I think Kate Winslet is a really talented actress, and Johnny looks great in those pictures with short hair and that suit....and I can't wait to see the scenes where they're with the kids, it looks so cute! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

oeh this sounds so cool! can't wait to see it!
Old 06-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Name change

De-lurking to add that the official title of the film has just been changed to Finding Neverland . Just saw the trailer today, it looks great. Can't wait to see it!!

When the world says "give up", Hope whispers "try again"
Old 07-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

http://www.apple.com/trailers/mirama...ing_neverland/

It's worth a watch!
you're like the cold December snow in the warm July sun
icon by querita @ livejoural