Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we've out grown the LP are meant to be together. What if we do a question thing. Like....

If Lucas didn't care to see Brooke at the airport and didn't think much of their kiss in the Season 2 Finale, how would it have changed things in Season 3.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Absolute Fan

Then he wouldn't have taken the effort to pimp her locker... and he wouldn't have cared so much about Brooke sleeping with Chris Keller either... And Brucas probably might have never happened in S3... But wait, wasn't he at the airport for his mom?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I'd think that things would have been more complicated. Even if he didn't think much of the kiss in the finale, he still kissed her and said he loved her so he basically led Brooke on. Peyton and Lucas still wouldn't have acted on anything for that very same reason. Or who knows, Peyton did seem to be a little nervous when telling Lucas that Brooke saw the Peyton Box as something about still having feelings for her.

And yes, he was there for his mom He didn't expect Brooke to be there.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

maybe the question thing was a bad idea. i think I struck a nerve lol
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

You didn't. At least not that I know of
Old 03-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just got kinda burned out from out other discussions and it seemed to be going in circles. what do you think?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Sure we can move onto something different. The questions were a fine idea I just can't think of any right now
Old 03-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

how about caps. I know sometimes scenes or even animes remind me of a scene and all kinds of stuff comes out

this one...

A l l Y o u N e e d I s O N E

"your art matters"

Because it did. Peyton was afraid to show people what she could really do with a pencil and some paper. Lucas was afraid to show everyone what he could really do with a basketball. And with that Lucas had to admit he got something from his father that he really loved...basketball. And for Peyton to step out and want to show her designs to Thud magazine was huge. So if Peyton could do it, so could Lucas
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

The great thing about that scene is that they were able to mirror it so well and apply it to their future. Peyton reminded him of his words in season 5 and how much they meant to her. Lucas knew how much they meant, but she finally said it out loud what his words did for her because he needed to hear it in order for him to know that his art matters too. His words touch people's soul.

http://speakyourheart-.tumblr.com/po...-f-o-r-e-v-e-r

To be honest, I was very angry that he just let her walk away when it was obvious he didn't want to let her go. At the same time though, I love that he respected Peyton's wishes. When he told her "I'm sorry" in this scene he meant so much more than "I'm sorry I came between you two" it was more of a "I'm sorry for screwing things up, for not waiting, for bad timing..."

After this, if Lucas would have just mended his broken heart in other ways rather than with Nicki, I believe LP would have had a fighting chance for season 2. Just seeing how broken up Peyton is about walking away from Lucas shows that this was nowhere near over for her but she did it to honor her friendship with her best friend.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
The great thing about that scene is that they were able to mirror it so well and apply it to their future. Peyton reminded him of his words in season 5 and how much they meant to her. Lucas knew how much they meant, but she finally said it out loud what his words did for her because he needed to hear it in order for him to know that his art matters too. His words touch people's soul.
I think Lucas needed a reminder of who he was. Not just with Peyton but the guy he used to be. He seemed so different when hew as with Lindsay, just not all complete. His writing wasn't great like it was in "ravens" and then when Peyton came back, he started writing again. We know it's not a coincidence, but just that when Peyton's around, he's the guy he wants to be. Peyton understands him and he never has to pretend with her. So it was pure torture that he had all this tension around her. He could have easily broken up with Lindsay, and not gone back to Peyton, but admit that he couldn't pretend with Lindsay anymore. And Lindsay let him. She believed Peyton in the library episode about wearing the same ring that Lucas proposed to Peyton with and she was okay with it. Lindsay was a good person, but she wasn't the right person. She fought too hard and struggled too long to believe that she was. Haley was right to say to Lucas, "Peyton's not just another ex girlfriend and everyone knows that" and Lucas did too. He was just so focused on Peyton not saying yes to his proposal that he didn't want to try again with her.

Quote:
To be honest, I was very angry that he just let her walk away when it was obvious he didn't want to let her go. At the same time though, I love that he respected Peyton's wishes. When he told her "I'm sorry" in this scene he meant so much more than "I'm sorry I came between you two" it was more of a "I'm sorry for screwing things up, for not waiting, for bad timing..."
I don't think Lucas really knew what he did to Peyton and Brooke in the whole "i want both of you" kind of thing. In Season 4 when BP were at their worst, Lucas had no clue why they weren't speaking. And never really had any idea that his choice in who he dated affected all three of them. I just think that if Lucas really stepped back and saw Brooke for who shew as and saw Peyton for what she could give, the triangle wouldn't have killed BP in Season 4.

Quote:
Just seeing how broken up Peyton is about walking away from Lucas shows that this was nowhere near over for her but she did it to honor her friendship with her best friend.
Peyton was always honoring her friendship with her 'best friend'. But what about Peyton's honor? What about Peyton and Lucas together at Dan's party and Brooke showing her ****tiness to everyone? It's really irritating how she 'took the high road' and maybe stopped stumbling into random beds while Peyton stepped aside and was known as the jerk who cheated on Brooke. Yeah she cheated but Brooke wasn't so innocent either, but I guess she's never to blame though

http://peyton127.tumblr.com/

they had the best unspoken moments ever. that's where Lucas returns the Travis CD to Peyton in knowing that Brooke was lying about which tracks she liked because Lucas knew they were songs that were totally Peyton. And they just found peace with each other. "Do you mind if I sit here and read while you draw" and then while silent they had looks at each other without the other one knowing. Ah, if only they had a scene like that in his bedroom with him reading and her drawing. or her bedroom, no preference
{EphramAmy}
patricia

Last edited by break the window; 03-19-2012 at 08:07 PM
Old 03-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just delurking to say that there are Brooke fans who post/lurk here too. I don't understand the blatant bashing of her character? Brooke and Peyton were best friends and Brooke even supported LP in the end. Just like Sophia supported LP through out the series. Can we respect her?
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 03-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't deny that Brooke respected LP in the end, as you said. But what about in Season 1 when Lucas was "fair game" and treated like a vending machine prize. And in Season 4 when Brooke made dead mom jokes. Can you respect that?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

What am I supposed to respect? This isn't the Brooke thread. Her character doesn't need to be dissected or understood. I thought we were supposed to be appreciating LP here?
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 03-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't "blatant" bashing her. Just telling a story that's been told

but it's just a TV show, at the end of the day, I really don't care what happened in OTH-verse. It's just entertaining to discuss the past of the show with people who weren't around during that time
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 03-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

I think it would be a good idea to keep conversations on the topic of Lucas & Peyton and leave Brooke out of it. It's rough since she was one part of the love triangle, but I think it's possible.