Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

My only concern is that most games on a celeb thread should relate back to that celeb somehow. We bend the rules a lot in the word association thread. A game that Sandy suggests sounds more like something that belongs on the music board. Ill discuss further with Nat.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i never thought about that
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 02-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Hm, you've got a point. It's just that I see a lot of off-topic threads on other celeb boards too so I didn't think it would be a concern.

We could try co-relating it to Chad as much as possible - with questions like "A song that reminds you of Sam and Austin?" or "The song whose lyrics describe Laley's friendship to you?"

It's alright, if we can't work it out though. We should use the other game threads like the trivia thread or the funny screencaps one more
Old 02-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that idea of using chad related things to come up with songs It would remind us to stay on topic
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 02-03-2013, 02:23 AM
Absolute Fan

And it would still not stray away from the important purpose of getting each other exposed to new music
Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Passionate Fan

I don't mind it whether it's a general music game or a Chad-related one because like Sandy said, the purpose either way is getting to know amazing new songs and bands
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedSandy (View Post)
Hm, you've got a point. It's just that I see a lot of off-topic threads on other celeb boards too so I didn't think it would be a concern.

We could try co-relating it to Chad as much as possible - with questions like "A song that reminds you of Sam and Austin?" or "The song whose lyrics describe Laley's friendship to you?"

It's alright, if we can't work it out though. We should use the other game threads like the trivia thread or the funny screencaps one more
I actually really like this idea, if we relate music to a Chad character or something Chad has said in an interview. That sounds like fun! What would we name it and what are the rules?

All I will say, though, is that you don't want to have too many game threads on a board either. It distracts from what the board is dedicated to and you want to avoid game threads being the only threads being used. I've been to so many boards where the game threads are the only thing keeping the board afloat and it's pointless. Not that we're anywhere close to doing that here, just something to keep in mind too.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Well we could go with a general 'the chad music game' thread or if anyone has better ideas, I'm totally game. I don't know about rules though. I'll try to think of some tonight but for now Im kind of blank.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Would the rules include that we could only bring up song words/lyrics if Chad or one of his characters said them himself? Like, we know that Chad has said in the past he likes the band Incubus, so we use songs by them? Or songs that have words like "Ravens" in them, or about writers etc?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Well I don't like the idea of having to relate back using key words like Ravens or something...thats just too hard I'd like this to be a game of music we already know and expose each other to our personal taste in music. Like Sandy said, getting to know each other and seeing how we interpret a character situation and exposing us to music. Sounds like a fun challenge
Old 02-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Passionate Fan

My gf suggested this idea: Can we also have lyrical questions in the game please? For example, a question like "Which lyric(s) in the song I don't want to be would you associate the most with Lucas?" and the answer is something like "I'm surrounded by identity crisis everywhere I turn, I can't be the only one who noticed, I can't be the only one who's learned"

I really like the idea of picking out your favorite line or lines from a song to associate to something
Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that seems really hard....mainly because I don't know exact lyrics to a lot of songs
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Absolute Fan

You can google the lyrics if you'd like

I'm fine with the lyrics question as long as everyone else is
Old 02-06-2013, 01:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by timehealsall (View Post)
that seems really hard....mainly because I don't know exact lyrics to a lot of songs
It's okay if it's hard for you guys, we don't need it
Old 02-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by timehealsall (View Post)
I'm with you on this one. It seems like it would be interesting but I have a feeling it would be hard.