Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-20-2005, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

2x24: The Dearly Beloved (Season finale of The O.C)

Yesterday was the day of The Season final!

I just saw it and I think I never Cried so much! But please come and discuss this ep with us and tell you speculations for next season. Because I am like at the moment
Now I know I'm not afraid
I know exactly what you'll say
But I'm sorry it's too late
Old 05-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Seth at the Intervention. I'm sorry ... I lost it.

kenny | credit
Old 05-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

okay, havn't seen it but i read about it and i was like WOW
was it really good?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah!

kenny | credit
Old 05-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

Steph, where did you download it from? I'm like dying here.... I haven't watched an episode since THe Mallpisode, but because everyone's been saying it's awesome, I wanna see it. Could you pm me with a link or something? Thanks.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 05-21-2005, 02:18 AM
Elite Fan

Bah, ignore my post above. I found a torrent. Still downloading, damn slow computer.

I saw a few scenes (thanks to a friend), and wow. That Sandy & Seth scene. Both of them. Just teared me up, so much. Adam & Peter just work together so well. I especially loved the bit when Sandy kissed Seth on the forehead, and just comforting him. It was so bittersweet.

My friend didn't give me the intervention scene, since her exact words were, "Jess, that scene rocked so much...just wait for your bloody download. It's worth it." So I'm patiently waiting for it to finish.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 05-21-2005, 05:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

intervention scene?

your friend is cruel jess...
Old 05-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, the intervention scene where Sandy, the doc, Ryan, Hailey (and eventually Seth) tell Kirsten that she should go to rehab.

If anyone wants clips, let me know. I'll be happy to do it.

But here's my review (copied and pasted from the OC board):

Wow. This is what happens when all those 'new characters to advance the plot' leaves. A better OC. This was such a good episode, and I suddenly can't wait for Season Three surprisingly. Josh Schwartz needs to write more episodes, like he did in Season One. I loved all the throwbacks to Season One, so many little throwbacks, and it was great. But this show is at its best when it's all about the family stuff.

Kelly Rowan, honestly is such a great actress. People are saying everywhere, give her an Emmy..etc, and I would too. But The O.C is one of those shows that they don't recognize. And if she's not nominated, I wouldn't be surprised at all. But she should.

And I'm glad Adam finally got the dramatic material. Brody suits it so well, and I hate the fact that it took until the season finale (excluding the season premiere for S2), for Schwartz to give it to him. His scenes honestly were so captivating. Especially the Sandy/Seth scenes. Peter & Adam were just excellent. I loved Sandy giving Seth a kiss on the forehead.

The intervention was awesome. I could talk about it all day but I won't. I just tore up when Kirsten turned around and lost it. Ahh. I cried, and I felt kind of pathetic, but it doesn't matter.

The Cooper's making a comeback! Hee. Aw, I loved it when Marissa finally hugged Julie. That was sweet. The look on Julie's face too! As much as I love Julie as the bitch, she's just as awesome as the sweet, caring one too.

The ending. Woah. Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek is so hypnotizing. But, wow. I would've felt sorry for Trey, and I kinda did at the start because he obviously wanted to change for the better. But at the end, I wasn't so sure. And wow, they made Marissa shoot Trey. Did not see that coming. I loved Marissa's look after she shot him. Mischa did really well in that scene. And damn Trey's look at Marissa. Freaky.
|| JESS
Old 05-22-2005, 04:58 AM
Master Fan

Its good that you found a link for the ep because it really was the best ep ever.
And I was soo glad that Kelly got the lead in this ep because last season final she was soo amazing. And she really should get an award for her performance.

I cried sooo much this episode It was crazy. And a the intervention my hart just broke and my tears didn't stop running. And then I had to cry about every thing. But only at the end I was shocked.
I was like No she didn't do that. And I loved how they did the shooting at the end in slow mo so you could see the blood and stuff. That scene looked amazing.

And Summer was soooo sweet this ep she was just soo loving and cute and caring. Rachel did such a good job.

And off course there was Adam who did an amazing peace of work on this ep. I just loved his scenes. He is truly an amazing actor.
Now I know I'm not afraid
I know exactly what you'll say
But I'm sorry it's too late
Old 05-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

That was a great ending to a sometimes disappointing season, if the whole season was like that, i would have been hooked.....i'm really looking forward to S3 now and if stays like that then i will love it as much as i did in S1.

kelly rowan- awesome
rachel bilson- great
adam brody- great
peter gallagher- as ever, great, especially in his scene with seth
mischa barton- i don't say this often but fenomenal, besides kelly, my favourite in that eppy

i didn't see much point in the shootout at the bait shop because i thought it was going to take up most of the ep or play a big part in it at least but it was quick and kind of pointless

favourite scene- definetly the ending
Old 05-23-2005, 02:25 AM
Elite Fan

I think the bait shop scene was just to add more conflict, and more pressure onto Trey. Because Ryan hasn't been impressed with Trey, and to pile on top of it - he was involved with the gunshot too. Well kinda. It would be eventually be a cumulative build up to the ending - the whole Trey vs Ryan conflict.

I have to say my favourite scene was the Seth/Sandy scene (the second one), and my favourite 'one look' had to be Marissa/Mischa's scared 'I can't beleive I shot him' look. I just loved that, she did so well with it.
|| JESS
Old 05-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

i totally agree about the "look", she does act out those scenes really well so credit to Mischa
adam and peter have so much like ...father and son chemistry if there is such a thing
whether they're just doing a funny scene together or a serious one they pull it off really well
Old 05-24-2005, 01:17 AM
Elite Fan

I love this cast. All of them can actually act. Unlike some tv shows....that I won't bother on commenting...
|| JESS
Old 05-26-2005, 06:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

*nod*
you are so right
but lets not start on that topic
Old 05-27-2005, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Adam was amazing in The Dearly Beloved. See what he (and all the cast) can do when they're given good material? Seth was back to being his adorable best - aww at the bit where he said he had to go and put on his tie, 'it always takes me a few tries'. And the Seth/Sandy scene in Seth's bedroom was so, so good. Peter and Adam are so great together.

I think Mischa has improved a lot and she was really good in the episode. I actually find her the least convincing when she's being 'normal', lol, I think she seems to step up a gear when it comes to heavier material. Her look at the end was perfect. She looked like so scared, and so young.

Kelly owned the episode though. I doubt she will get an Emmy nomination but she so deserves one. She was awesome through the whole episode, especially in the intervention scene and when Sandy left the rehab center. She looked so alone

I wish all episodes of The OC were that good - although I'd be pretty emotionally drained if they were

Kat | icon |