Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Extreme Fan

I love Scrubs music so much that sometimes when I want to hear some new things I would just look at their song lists and download them. So far, they're pretty much awesome. It always has the best songs.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:28 PM
New Fan

Which song is....

Alright this may not be a ton of help, i dont know the episodes by name or anything...

Its the first episode where they all become residence, and jordan walks to them at the table and tells everyone all the stuff they hid behind each others backs..

Cox loves Carla
Turk knows and didnt tell
Elliot Loves JD
JD slept with Jorden
Bob lied about promotion

And in that episode theres a patient guy that appears throughout with his guitar playing a song. I really like the song but I cant figure out who sings it or what its called...

Anyone know?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Passionate Fan

DrewUat- That song is called "OverKill" and it's sung by Colin Hay. I'm not sure, but I think it might be on the show's official soundtrack. The episode is "My OverKill" If you need the song, I have it on mp3 and could upload it for you. Just post a message here to let me know and I will upload when I get off work this evening.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:29 AM
New Fan

I love that song, it suits that episode so much.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:41 PM
New Fan

Does anyone know the name of the song?

I have just started watching scrubs and a certain song really captured my attention. It the song in the background when Zach Braff's character getting it on with Sarah Chalke's character. It's some kind of christmas time episode and this happens right after he finds her living in a truck/van right outside the hospital. Thank you for the help.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Ussricer01- That song is "Dreaming of You" by the group, The Coral. I that scene so much! Big JD/Elliot fan here.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:49 AM
New Fan

Thanks Mary Jane Parker, i appreciate it. Yah it is a good scene.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

my absolut fav song is in season four episode my boss's free hair cut ~ end scene montage with carla sitting at her mom's grave
Collide by howie day its also in one tree hill i love it its a cool song and everyone should have it
Old 10-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

oh and i also love the suprman theme song
Old 10-17-2006, 02:14 PM
New Fan

help!

im a massive scrubs fan and an equally big fan of the music used on scrubs. Ive got almost every song they've usedo n the show except im having trouble finding one song. Tammany Hall NYC - Someone its one of my favourites from the hsow and im surrently limited to watching both episodes its in over and over so i can listen to it! If neone could psot a link to where i might be able to find it our even better upload it for me id be so greatful, and would gladly help neone else in the community looking for scrubs songs.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:21 PM
New Fan

Hi!
I know someone has probably already asked this but could someone tell me who the songs in series 4, My Hypocritical Oath, are called and who they are by?
Thanks!
Old 02-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm not really a great fan of music. I don't follow any particular artists and I couldn't name any songs currently in the charts.

However, the music used in Scrubs has really opened my eyes. Almost exclusively, every song used in the show is a perfect match for the scene it accompanies. I've somehow managed to get hold of well over 200 pieces of music - not just main songs used, but also the classical music, the original songs that the characters sing parts of, even some of the songs by Ted and his band I still haven't managed to hear all the songs in one go yet!

I thought I'd post a top 10 of my favourite songs, and a top 10 of the best uses of music.

My Favourites

1. Dreaming Of You - The Coral
2. American Girl - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
3. Delirous Love - Neil Diamond
4. Under Pressure - Queen & David Bowie
5. Camera One - Josh Joplin
6. My Brilliant Feat - Colin Hay
7. Drown - The Poor Rich Ones
8. All Kinds Of Time - Fountains Of Wayne
9. A Murder On One - Counting Crows
10. I Wanna Know - The Mavericks

Best uses of music.

1. Dreaming Of You - The Coral (My Monster)
I just think this is perfect. It really captures the energy of these two characters, matching their slightly clunky passion. It almost feels as if it's giving them a boost.

2. Winter - Josh Radin (My Screw-Up)
Just too sad for words

3. All Kinds Of Time - Fountains Of Wayne (My Ocardial Infarction)
Surely a case of the scene being written to match a song? This is one of my favourite episodes of any TV show, and this scene is just amazing.

4. Boston - Augustana (His Story III)
We finally get to see a human side to the Janitor, and as he gets his thankyou, we hear the words "No-one even knows my name" Superbly moving.

5. How To Save A Life - The Fray (My Lunch)
I don't think that My Lunch was as great an episode as it could be, but the last few minutes are just perfect TV. Both lyrically and musically, this really captures the intensity and heartbreak of the scene

6. Tell Her This - Del Amitri - My Sex Buddy
How can you not feel sorry for JD in this scene? How many people really hoped JD would tell her how he felt? The entire JD/Elliot relationship arc of season 2 was perfectly captured with music (special mention goes to Howie Day and She Says)

7. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (My Journey)
Beautiful song and the way it plays over this scene is magical. The flash we see on screen as we shift from Elliot to Sean is right on cue with the music, Superb.

8. Easy Tonight - Five For Fighting (My Blind Date)
I know the song was changed for the DVD, and it's such a huge shame. The Elliot/Cox storyline is my favourite plot in this episode, and this scene is another favourite of mine, and when heard with the original choice of song it's even more powerful.

9. Our Love - Rhett Miller (His Story II)
Another JD/Elliot related scene. I don’t really know why, but this song just feels right.

10. American Girl - Tom Petty (My American Girl)
Other than the fact Elliot is both American and a girl, I'm not sure why this should work so well with the scene. But it does, and I love it.

For my own enjoyment, I tend to prefer more jolly and lighthearted songs, but the show can capture any kind of scene with music. Looking at these choices, I think it's fait to say that I regard season 3 as having the best music, which is probably a reason why I have season 3 as my overall favourite.

I’m already considering amending some choices, simply because there is so much great stuff to choose from!

Turk: I think you're a fascinating study of human behaviour

Last edited by Dr. Reid; 02-20-2007 at 12:36 AM
Old 02-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

My fave song at all used on Sccrubs is "How to save a life" by The Fray, it's in My Lunch. I really love it...and also "Hey Julie" in My Half Acre.
The show has really great songs!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 02-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love "Hey Julie" as well. Great song. My Half Acre was a superb episode for music, helped along with the air-band story.

Turk: I think you're a fascinating study of human behaviour
Old 02-21-2007, 06:00 AM
Elite Fan

...I talked with my friends from med school and we want to set up an air band as well... I'll play the drums!
icon: Permanent_99