Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Las Vegas UK Thread - Starting on Sky one at 10.00 on the 13/04/04!!

Hi i am really looking forward to seeing this show and was soo glad when someone when sky picked it up!

it is showing on sky one tuesdays at 10.00, not sure if it has a repeat yet, anyone else know?

is any one else looking forward to seeing this show?
Old 04-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Saw a clip for this last night on Sky and thought it looked good. There was also an article in the TV Guide about it, so I'm going to be watching on Tuesday for the first episode.

If you need to catch the repeat it's on at 11.30pm on Friday on Sky One.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, thanks for the info [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

it does look like an interesting set for a new series, and i used to like vanessa margil in 90210 so it will be good to see her in something else!!

i also found some other times Las Vegas is repeated, from another thread (thanks to camdish):
fridays @ 23:30 on Sky One
saturdays @ 22:00 on Sky One Mix
mondays @ 21:00 on Sky One Mix
Old 04-14-2004, 03:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, so what did you all think of the first episode?

i thought it was good, slightly different to what i expected and also maybe not as good as i thought it would be from the hype.

but it was still good and the main guy, seems like a good charecter and was likable and next weeks episode should be good with his friend being killed at the end!
apart from that the set up of the show seems interesting and ill watch it again next week before deciding on the show!
Old 04-15-2004, 11:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

I haven't gotten around to watching the first episode yet as I had to tape it. Some series take a little while to get going so maybe this one will pick up as it progresses.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

I watched the first episode last night and thought it was pretty good. I doubt it's going to turn into a firm favourite but I also liked Danny, I thought it was good how they showed us what he was thinking and his relationship with James Caan looks like getting even more interesting, due to his relationship with the daughter. Actually looking forward to next weeks ep.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Star5:
<STRONG>Some series take a little while to get going so maybe this one will pick up as it progresses.</STRONG>
hi, i think you are right, and it was definately watchable but i dont think ill end up addicted to it!

will still try to watch the next episode, as it will be interesting to see what happened to his friend.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:52 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Hey - I liked it too. I mean it was only the first episode, but it semed like the type of thing that I'll get into. It doesn't hurt that it's straight after Angel/CSI so either way I'll be in front of the tv so I know I'll watch it.

-Wum

-Not In Love
Old 04-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, yeah tuesday night is turning into a very good tv night, esp with true calling on beofre angel as well!!
Old 04-18-2004, 07:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

I finally caught up with the first episode and was very impressed. I had worried it was going to be a bit ‘soap opera’ like, with all the beautiful people and locations but it was slick and fast paced with some new ideas. The opening storyline was good and a nice arc with the body lying in the desert seen at the beginning and the end. The only thing that I didn’t think was very original was the ‘relationship’ between Danny and the boss’s daughter. I know they did it to setup the premise for the interaction between the main characters but it’s been done before.

All in all a very promising start and one that will feature high on my ‘must watch’ list.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, so what did you all think of the 2nd ep?

i thought it was a much better episode than the pilot, but that was probably because the charecters and background was already set up.

i felt really sorry for danny when he found out his friend was dead, and the scene when mary came running in was done well. i like their friedship - but from the way they set it up in the pilot how long before they become a couple?
in these programmes and best friends like that soon end up getting together.

apart from that the whole senetor story was interesting, i really wanted to know what ed was going to tell danny about his past just beofre they got interupted. also the king arthur guy was funny!

looking forward to next weeks ep!
Old 04-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought the second episode was a cracking one. A 5 star without doubt as it had everything going for it.

The death of Danny’s friend was perhaps a weak point, as I could not see that it added anything to the story apart from confirming the friendship between the three of them. That being said it did show us the dangerous underbelly of Las Vegas if you renege on the money you owe. Did anyone actually get charged for the killing as it was not clear if the guy Danny beat up was actually responsible?

The King Arthur guy was brilliant and added just the right amount of humour to the episode.

Looking forward to the next one.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Camdish:
<STRONG>Did anyone actually get charged for the killing as it was not clear if the guy Danny beat up was actually responsible?
</STRONG>
hi, i think they said the guy he beat up was responsible but there wasnt any evidence to charge him.

but what did you all think of last nights episode?

i thought it was really good, and this show seems to be getting better each week - i am definately hooked now.

wasnt expecting them to split up danny and eds daughter that quickly - but she is hardly in it and i dont think they worked as a couple. it was interesting to see ed trying to protect his cousin who he hardly knew from his "wife". i was surprised when he withdrew the money to give to his cousin so he wouldnt find out.

also the story with the guy trying to buy the car was good, though it ended kinda cornily with him winning a car from a free go.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

I need to make some time later to squeeze in last nights episode - but I am enjoying the show a lot more as it goes on. Plus I really like the character of Danny and his interaction with James Caan.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, so what did you all think of last nights episode?

i thought it was really good, and i like the way the show mixes a serous theme with something a bit ridiculous every week.

it was good to see eds reaction to what happened, though i knew he wouldnt kill the guy - even though danny seemed to think he would.
it was also good when they showed the clips and you saw delinda fighting back.

apart from that the mit guys were funny, i couldnt believe with all the resources they had they were just going to change a sign.
also how funny was the traffic lady, who turns out to be an old male mate