Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

Episode 2.02: The Count of Montecito

THE COUNT OF MONTECITO

Catch the counters if you can- Jon Lovitz guest stars - Danny (Josh Duhamel), Mike (James Lesure) and Sam (Vanessa Marcil) scurry to solve the tactics of a ring of card counters. Meanwhile, Nessa (Marsha THomason) is faced with the return of Fred Puterbaugh (guest star Jon Lovitz) who professes his love and admiration to her, much to her dismay. Elsewhere, Ed (James Caan) and Danny (Josh Duhamel) deal with an archeologist's find near the hotel pool that leads to a scam, while Mary (Nikki Cox), has to give orientation to topless women, employed by the hotel to entertain guests. Molly Sims also stars.

It's tonight at 9! I can't wait.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 09-21-2004, 03:48 AM
Passionate Fan

It was a good episode i really liked it. I love how John Lovitz's character came back, i loved him from that episode last season.

I just thought about this while i was watching the episode, but last season they mentioned the relationship between Nessa and Ed. Something like Ed and Nessa's father worked together and maybe Ed killed him or something. I am just wondering if maybe i missed something or they just have not explained the relationship yet.

I have to say that it was nice to see Danny back at work but i wish they would have mentioned a little more about what happened with Danny. It seems like they forgot about the premiere.

I am glad that Leo is gone, i didnt like him and i mean he didnt get a lot of air time, but he still posed a threat to Danny and Ed's relationship
Old 09-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

I know! Did the premier ever happen?

They did touch on it a little with Danny almost going after Leo for saying he couldn't hack it and the scene with Mary in the beginning (to cute)

What did he say when she tried to give back the ring? My dog started barking and I missed it.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:27 PM
Banned

I was a little disappointed by this episode - especially in regard to Leo. The writers gave the game away by: a) focusing on Danny's dislike of Leo; b) allowing Ed, Danny, Mike and Sam figure out that an insider was on the scam; and d) showing Leo call the coffee shop just before the song played.

There was none of the subtlety in this episode that was seen in the S1 episodes featuring Christian Kane ("Angel") and Jean Claude Van Damme.

To make this episode more effective, the writers could have:

a) Allow Danny to be neutral about Leo;

b) focus suspicion upon Leo at the last moment; or

c) allow Leo to be innocent and force the others to find the real culprit.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

I could see the fact that Leo would be the 'inside man' the first time I saw the promo. I didn't like the predictablity of the episode. And I didn't like how they just tossed the D/M proposal in a couple of seconds. It was something I didn't like about last season.

Good. John was a mix of sleazy and funny. Towards the end I actually kind of liked the character, don't ask me why . I liked the dynamic of Sam/Danny/Mike working together.
who you will be.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I missed the beginning, so I missed the apparant return of the ring. Can someone fill me in?

I was disappointed as well that except for a line from Leo they seemed to have forgotten Danny's trouble readjusting. I realize we can't have a sullen and brooding Danny forever, but a little more dealing with the issue would've been nice. Even if just one second while he was alone to take a breather and show that he is just trying to be "normal" around everyone else.

And what was with his ogeling all those half naked women? I know that the Danny character has always appreciated beautiful women, and he just came back from months away from women, but they made it so obvious and, quite frankly, creepy. They made him out like he was a sex fiend all of a sudden. I just don't buy it.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:38 AM
Master Fan

I finally got the episode last night and watched it. Yay!

Yes, I have to agree - it is really slack of the writers to make Danny so normal already. I know lack of sleep attributed to him acting stange last week, but there is no way he would be back to his old self like that minus the scar and all.

Thought it was strange too that he seems OK with Mary wanting to give the ring back and the fact she was still wearing it up until the time she went to give it back to him. Danny wanting her to keep it too is a little weird. Imagine if they had gotten married after all... I mean are they at least going to date or be in a relationship?? I don't think they can go back to being just friends after he proposed to her.

Glad Leo is gone. I didn't appreciate his comments to Danny about being back and that he possibly couldn't hack it over in the war.

Not only was Danny oogling the women, but Mike was too and Ed. I think that is just the character of Danny - he loves women. To do it in front of Mary though was not right.

Poor Nessa - good way to let Fred down though. He is so annoying.

Thought the storyline with Sam playing detective and following that girl was quite good. Though it was a little predictable and I picked the song playing and that they were both reading the same book. I thought it was cute when Mike and Danny were singing to it.

Not a bad episode in whole, but I thought last weeks was much better.

Last edited by Aussie Gal; 09-23-2004 at 12:44 AM
Old 09-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Impressions

Good. John was a mix of sleazy and funny. Towards the end I actually kind of liked the character, don't ask me why . I liked the dynamic of Sam/Danny/Mike working together.
yeah i thought he was funny by the end of the episode too....though i don't think it would be if he was around for more than one episode

I thought that Danny/Mike/Sam working together was good. And i didn't really think that Danny looking at the girls was creepy cause he has done it like every episode......plus there isnt a guy i know that wouldnt look - its just what they do
Old 09-23-2004, 12:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Gal

Yes, I have to agree - it is really slack of the writers to make Danny so normal already. I know lack of sleep attributed to him acting stange last week, but there is no way he would be back to his old self like that minus the scar and all.
yeah i think he was trying to act normal tho - cause everyone was being really wary of him last week.

Quote:
Thought it was strange too that he seems OK with Mary wanting to give the ring back and the fact she was still wearing it up until the time she went to give it back to him.
i think he wanted her to keep the ring so she knows he hasnt changed his mind but she is giving *him* space to make sure its what he wants....thats what i thought anyways

icon credit: Holly1985
Old 09-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Master Fan

You could be right. I guess those 2 didn't get alot of screen time together this week so who knows. They are leaving us hanging!
Old 09-23-2004, 01:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think the episode was really funny and good but just didn't follow right after the finale and the season opener.

I don't think it was so weird that Danny, Ed and Mike were looking at the women. Gee we women may be married or engaged, but I bet we oogled at Josh in front of guys we are married to or going out with in front of the guys we are with LOL.

I think the only weird thing is that Danny seemed to be recovered too quickly IMO.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by leanal
I don't think it was so weird that Danny, Ed and Mike were looking at the women. Gee we women may be married or engaged, but I bet we oogled at Josh in front of guys we are married to or going out with in front of the guys we are with LOL.
yes you make a good point.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Gal
You could be right. I guess those 2 didn't get alot of screen time together this week so who knows. They are leaving us hanging!
yeah i know! they did that all through season one too - thats the one thing i don't like about the show.....how they do these storylines and then just suddenly drop them as if nothing happened
Old 09-23-2004, 05:58 AM
Master Fan

It is very frustrating for people who follow the show. It is like the writers forget or something. I mean I know Fred came back and all and that was a follow up, but we need other stuff followed through, esp when it is the main cast.