Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't know what the likelyhood of another network picking it up would be. I'd like to think another network would want to pick it up. I also think that they should have held on to JA at least as a back up. I, too, hope their new dramas fail.

There is one show on CBS; Yes, Dear; that was cancelled last May(2004) and it was brought back as a mid-season replacement in January and did well enough to be renewed for a sixth season this fall. So, there's always a little hope that CBS will change their mind and bring JA back.

I'm also wondering what the cast is thinking today. This must be added stress that Amy Brenneman doesn't need right now. She's expected to deliver her baby on May 28th. This must be a major disappointment to the whole cast. Amy B. seemed confident that JA would return, I bet she's saddened to hear it was cancelled.

Last edited by MalloryKeaton; 05-18-2005 at 04:55 PM
Old 05-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought Yes, Dear was picked up last year but only for a few episodes (like 8 or 16) and then by mid season they saw the ratings go up and decided to order a full season. I could be wrong though.

I would be weird though to have a show come back after is has been gone for half a year (not for us- we would love it, I mean the cast and crew) They would probably have to redo contracts and rebuild sets and maybe relocate to a new sound stage. By then most of them would have new jobs anyway. Oh well.

Flakes, flurries, swirls, crystals, whatever form it comes in. I'll take it. We go back, snow and me. We have a beautiful history.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Well I assume that the cast and crew are still under contract with JA until sometime next fall so if a show tanks, then in theory CBS could bring it back, but you never know the odds.

I to am really hoping that CBS's fall lineup bombs, but it'll be just my luck that they have HUGE ratings like ABC did this year.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, I went to CBS.com and hit the feedback button today. I don't know how much they care, but if enough of us do it they might take notice.
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion
Old 05-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Extreme Fan

I am so upset that Amy was cancelled I just can't believe it,CBS could have let it go atleast one more season and give them a proper goodbye. I think a show that has been on this long deserves a series Finale.
Melina Kanakaredes
Old 05-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

That's a good idea Chocolatekisses- I'm gonna give it a shot. Networks definatly don't like negitive press and bad feedback- makes them look bad. So we should definatly all do it!

Flakes, flurries, swirls, crystals, whatever form it comes in. I'll take it. We go back, snow and me. We have a beautiful history.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

It was cancelled last May, but then they decided to order 13 episodes and brought it back as a mid-season replacement this January. The ratings were better than they expected and that's why the show is being renewed. They weren't expecting it to be renewed after the 13 episodes aired. I wonder if they tore down the set and now will have to build a new one, or held on to it just in case.

I hope CBS ends up being sorry they cancelled JA. That would serve them right for taking off such a great show.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Ok, so I lost JAG, but I pretty much saw that one coming. Then JA yesterday, and now it's looking like Kevin Hill is a goner, too. I feel like someone doesn't like me.
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion
Old 05-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

That's how I feel, too, chocolatekisses. I was a big JAG fan (although I was starting to lose my interest b/c this season was getting pretty crappy) and that ended, and now they just cancelled JA & JoA, which were my two biggies. That and last season on Monk, they got rid of Sharona, and she was my fave character. And now someone is going to die on NCIS...Man, networks. Not everyone likes the same old crap like CSI all the time. We need variety. That's why I wish they'd keep both the shows, b/c there aren't any other shows even close to being what those two are. They're original, and what's more, the characters are like real people. *sigh* I guess you can't always get what you want.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've never seen JAG or JoA.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Judging Amy ranked #36 out of 156 shows. I guess CBS doesn't care.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr..._id=1000937471

Rank Series: (36) Judging Amy
Network: CBS
Viewers (Millions) 10.6
Rank by Adults 18-49 rating/share: 2,9/8 (68)
Percentage change from 2003-04 Viewers/18-49: -1/+7
Old 06-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackalicious
That and last season on Monk, they got rid of Sharona, and she was my fave character...Man, networks. Not everyone likes the same old crap like CSI all the time.
Ditto and ditto; Monk is nowhere near as entertaining w/o Sharona, and I love CSI, but that doesn't mean I want to see 73 different versions of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalloryKeaton
Judging Amy ranked #36 out of 156 shows. I guess CBS doesn't care.
Guess not . . .
Old 06-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

I hate that on CBS they have the slogan "CBS Cares" yeah right.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

CBS took JA off their website completely. Has anyone else noticed this?
I doubt CBS will be airing any reruns of JA this summer. I don't understand why CBS is airing reruns of JOA and JAG both of which were also cancelled yet CBS isn't willing to air JA reruns. Even though JA might not do well ratings wise with reruns I still think it deserves to air.