Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Amy Question

I don't know if this is supposed to go under a specific thread or not, so please forgive me.

I am wondering if anyone knows what Amy will talk about tonight on Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn? I've only seen his show once when Justine Bateman was on. Anyway, Amy's going to be on, and I'm curious as to whether or not anyone knows why she's going to be on? Is it to maybe talk about the new season? Or perhaps something totally different?
Old 09-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't even know she was going to be on there, but I'm guessing that it will be to talk about the show. If it is, will someone do a synopsis . . . please? Most likely, I won't be able to watch.
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion
Old 09-28-2004, 04:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Amy will also be on Ellen today (9/28).

I saw her on The Late Late Show. It was ok, she didn't say anything important, or anything we all didn't already know. Mainly it was her and a guest host filling in for Craig Kilborn that apparently no longer is doing that show, flirting, and being silly.

All that was said about JA was that the season premiere is tonight, that it's the sixth season and that Dan Futterman will be back. They showed a 1-2 minute clip of the season premiere, a scene with Amy and Maxine. The rest was just the host talking about the band Meatloaf and Amy responding and it seemed like the host had a crush on her, even though she's married and has a young daughter. She mentioned that she and her husband went to the Caribean this summer for vacation. She did mention that she throws her cast and crew a Christmas party every year and that two years ago the party got out of control (noise wise).

I don't know if I'll get to see Amy on Ellen or not. If I see it I'll give details. If not someone else please leave details so that we all will know. I'll want to know if I don't get too watch.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:25 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for letting us know, Mallory. You know I'm not from the US, so I'm not getting all those TV channels. A synopsis would be wonderful and highly appreciated.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 09-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

I watched it too...

And I'll be recording Ellen today. Amy was on Ellen once before but according to TV Guide, this isnt a repeat.

I'll try to give you guys a synopsis if no one else has.

As far as what Mallory said... she's on the money. The only thing I'd like to add is that she didnt sound like someone who knew this was the last season. I was happy about that. Amy sounded like she was very happy about this season. She referred it to 'being great' and that because it's the sixth season -everything is really easy/comfortable (something to that effect). I thought it was cool that she said she has a party at her house for all the cast and crew. She mentioned doing karoake with Jillian Amenente (sp?) -Donna and having the cops come to her property. Too funny.

Why dont these people ever talk about their shows when they're on these talk shows? Lets hope we get something good on Ellen. After all, arent they on the shows to promote the new season? Its nice to see you Amy, but give your fans a little tidbit when you're out there... Then again, the host of that show last night was an idiot so I cant put all the blame on ya babe.

~Ru

Amy: Why?

Bruce: Partly because I think you're too good for him, too smart, too wise, too complicated, and literally too good.

Amy: You said 'partly'. What's the other part?

Bruce: Something I don't know how to name.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't get to see Amy on Ellen. Can you fill us in? Thanks.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Amy on Ellen...

Oh my God... it was a hysterical show. Maybe i'm biased because i think Ellen is hysterical. The beginning of the show starts with Ellen lamenting over coffee because she's given it up. Amy comes out with a Frapucino... it was cruel but funny.

Amy looked great. Ellen asked her about turning 40. Amy said she's content with it. She didnt talk about the show much other than she's having a lot of fun and its great being in the sixth season. There was a great clip of JA...

Peter eating tapioca. Amy comes in and yells that it's her tapioca. Vincent comes in the kitchen and Peter puts the lid on the tapioca and tosses it to Vincent. The two of them play keep away from Amy until all 3 collapse on the sofa. It was a riot.

Ellen turns to Amy after the clip and says, "So you play a 15 year old?" Amy says this is the hard hitting drama she works on... LOL

There was also a kitten found on the set in which Amy decided to take home. She brought pictures for Ellen. It was a grey tabby. Adorable little thing. Amy mentioned she didnt have a name for it. Ellen asks her how does she call for the cat. Amy says, "Where's the cat?". Ellen makes fun of Amy and says, "You know if you call it, it will actually come to you." Ellen goes further and asks Amy, "What do you ask your assistant to bring you the cat? 'Where's the cat?'" I was laughing out loud at all this. By the end of Amy's time, the two of them come up with a name for the cat (it was also funny how they got to this name)... Abe.

Hope that was a good synopsis. I think I covered all the bases. I do have it taped if anyone cares to borrow it... or it should re-run eventually. It didnt have anything about the show but it was a lot of fun regardless. Everytime i see Amy interviewed, it makes me love her more!

Bruce: Partly because I think you're too good for him, too smart, too wise, too complicated, and literally too good.

Last edited by ruzila; 09-29-2004 at 03:14 AM
Old 09-29-2004, 01:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if the cat's is the one that was shown in a scene from tonight's episode?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanx, Ru!
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion
Old 09-30-2004, 01:42 AM
New Fan

ah...I can't believe I missed Amy on the Ellen show. I work way too much. Thanx for the synopsis Ru.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Yes, thank you so much for sharing.
My innocent eyes
Old 09-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

You guys are so sweet!

It feels great to be appreciated. Just thought you should know that your thank yous are all well received! This forum just gets better and better... must be its members!

a very happy member,

~Ru

Old 10-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Loyal Fan

I can feel the love.

Quote:
Originally posted by ruzila
It didnt have anything about the show . . .
I wish it had. I'd like to hear Amy's thoughts on the show and the storylines.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Re: Amy on Ellen...

Quote:
Originally posted by ruzila
Oh my God... it was a hysterical show. Maybe i'm biased because i think Ellen is hysterical.
A little off topic. I saw Ellen's show for the first time the other day. I saw only part of it. It wasn't the one with Amy on it though . I know what you mean about Ellen being funny. She was talking about boogy boarding in the ocean. She also called up this lady who is 79 years old, who was at a bowling alley. Apparently the lady had bowled 300 three times. So I understand what you mean about her being funny. I never knew that she was really that funny.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

i dont watch TV religiously

but i love catching Ellen.. she always makes me laugh. I should at least try taping it. One of my favorite films is "Finding Nemo". Sure i watched it with my kids but Ellen is a riot in it too.