Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Loyal Fan

You're welcome.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:29 AM
Master Fan

Sadly I won't be able to get it.I have all seasons already and live in Sweden.
Insurgent
Old 06-26-2008, 01:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¨¨~ J Erlotiel L ~¨¨ (View Post)
Sadly I won't be able to get it.I have all seasons already and live in Sweden.
How do you know? So far we only have a bit of news and it doesn't say if other countries will get these "Limited Deluxe Edition" DVDs.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

Well, it would be great if they at least came to a country in Sweden so you can order it from there.
Insurgent
Old 06-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

More Updates!

From: Charmed DVD news: Box Art & Extras for Charmed - The Complete Series | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Quote:
Charmed -PACKAGE ART! EXTRAS! PRICING! Update Scoop for The Complete Series (Standard and Deluxe L.E.)

'Large' and 'Extra-Large' packages both available on October 21st
Posted by David Lambert
6/25/2008

This past Monday sent shockwaves through the Charmed community with the report about Spelling/Paramount's announcement: fans will be able to celebrate Halloween this year with an October 21st release of Charmed - The Complete Series on DVD! And no, there's not just one release coming...but two versions, because the studio is also releasing Charmed - The Complete Series: Limited Deluxe Edition on the same date! Nothing was really known about these titles at first though, other than the release date and that they would contain all 8 seasons of the show.

This evening, however, we've gotten ahold of information that the studio sent to retailers, and it fills us in with quite a bit more about these two packages! First of all, let's go over what makes the Limited Edition so "Deluxe". And the answer is SIZE, plain and simple.

Both of these releases are designed to look like the Book Of Shadows, which the Halliwell sisters found in the attic and used throughout the series. The regular version of the DVD package measures 7.5" wide by 10.75" high by 2.375" spine (approx. 19cm x 27.3cm x 6cm). How big is that? Well, it's much bigger than a normal DVD case. In fact, the front measures as just a wee bit smaller than the face of a standard magazine...but at more than 2 inches on the spine, it would take a whole stack of mags to properly get the idea! And that's the "small" package: the noticeably bigger Limited Deluxe Edition measures in at a foot wide on its face: 12" x 15.375" x 1.75" (approx. 30.5cm x 39.1cm x 4.45cm). Whoa! Check them out:

Early Box Art for Charmed - The Complete Series (left) and Charmed - The Complete Series: Limited Deluxe Edition (right)

The shorter package, seen on the left, holds 2 discs per "page", while the Deluxe package on the right shows that the pages are "3 discs tall" instead. The studio info specifies that both of these will hold the exact same number of discs, however: these will each have 49 DVDs in them! As a result, the "Deluxe" release has a thinner spine, as you'll note by checking out the measurements above.

So what's on those 49 discs? Besides all 8 seasons, running 7764 minutes according to the studio specs, we will - AT LAST! - get some substantial bonus material on these two releases. According to the info provided to retailers, the studio shows these brand-new extras are on board:

* The Original, Un-Aired Pilot
* Behind-the-scenes featurettes including:
o The Demons of Charmed
o The Men of Charmed
o The Book of Shadows
o And More!

We also understand that there will be some Easter Eggs to find on these discs, so get ready to go hunting!

How many bones will these cost you? Paramount Home Entertainment is NOT setting a "named" SRP for these releases, but rather they are letting the retailers calculate an approximate number based on the "wholesale" prices each individual retail outfit negotiates with the studio. However, to get you in the ballpark, DVDEmpire.com is showing that Charmed - The Complete Series DVD set has a "list price" of $299.99, but - at the time of this writing, anyway - is taking pre-orders for $207.40, after discount. That's the standard edition release. The Charmed - The Complete Series: Limited Deluxe Edition DVD set is shown there with a "list price" of $350.00, but as of this writing DVDEmpire is discounting it to $276.50 if you pre-order it now.

UPDATE: Amazon has JUST added listings for both of these, and it forms an interesting comparison to DVDEmpire's pricing. The Charmed - The Complete Series DVD set at Amazon shows a "list price" of $247.99, and as of this writing will cost you $173.99 to pre-order it right now. Meanwhile, the Charmed - The Complete Series: Limited Deluxe Edition DVD set is shown there with a "list price" of $289.99, and Amazon is currently discounting it to $202.99 if you lock in your copy right away. It's interesting to see these significant levels of difference!

Please keep in mind that all info, and especially the package art pictured above, is not necessarily final and could be subject to change. Some fans are wondering if all of the original music will be intact on these releases. Frankly, we don't know yet, but we're looking into it. Stay tuned and we'll bring you any updates we can, plus larger pictures of both packages, just as soon as it's available!

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 07-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

I'd love to have that
Insurgent
Old 07-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Loyal Fan

That's weird, I didn't get that e-mail.

Also the date's been changed to November 14th.

Quote:
We've added a news item for "Charmed" to the site. Here it is:
Both Charmed: Complete Series DVD Releases are Delayed for a Month - 9:12 AM 7/03/2008 Both "Charmed - The Complete Series" and "Charmed - The Complete Series: Limited Deluxe Edition" have had the release dates moved by the studio. We've got the new date for you in the TVShowsOnDVD News! Charmed DVD news: Release Date Change for Charmed - The Complete Series | TVShowsOnDVD.com

You were sent this email because you have expressed interest in having "Charmed" released on DVD. If you no longer want to receive these emails you may change the setting in your User Options - "Change Account Information". TVShowsOnDVD.com - TVShowsOnDVD.com

Last edited by robinepowell; 07-08-2008 at 10:17 PM
Old 07-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Okay, thanks for letting us know
Insurgent
Old 07-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Loyal Fan

No problem. I'm thinking of saying to my brother we'll do a trade off. He buys the complete series of Charmed, for X-mas and I'll buy him the complete series of That '70s Show.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

Sounds like a good trade
Insurgent
Old 07-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¨¨~ J Erlotiel L ~¨¨ (View Post)
Sounds like a good trade

If I can talk him into it. The Canadian price is so high for both sets. Plus I want more news on the three different sets. What's the difference on the two for Charmed, besides the size?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

Don't know and the pictures of them aren't very clear.
Insurgent
Old 07-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Source

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 07-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

I want it!!
Insurgent
Old 07-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

I want it too...but if you already have them all. I mean we can just watch the special features online prob haha

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread