Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2004, 03:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Regarding the fate of American Dreams...

Since I am a Bandstand Dancer on the show, and I will be running the Official American Dreams Fan Club, let me tell you what I know.

American Dreams is still in production… right now they are filming the commercial-free episode, (#9), are in prep on episode 10, episodes 11 and 12 are being written, and episode 13 is being outlined.

About the fact that only 13 episodes have been ordered so far…every show works this way… the first 13 episodes are ordered for the fall, and in November the network orders the other 9 to make a full season. The people at American Dreams do not currently feel that they are in danger of being canceled. Everyone is excited about the upcoming episodes, and are so happy about the fan support for the show. So don’t despair! There is no need to go into panic mode.

However, many people have expressed interest in writing to The Powers That Be at NBC to express their support for the show, and to tell them it is the best show on TV. Kind words never hurt!

It would be wonderful if we all ‘get together’ and write to TPTB en force, and really show them how much we support the show. IT IS NOT BEING CANCELED. This is not a “Save Our Show” campaign. This is to say THANK YOU to NBC, and to tell them you will continue to support the show.

Make it personal… tell them who you watch it with… Tell them how it has changed your life… What makes it so special to you? Do you own the soundtrack or the DVD?

Here are the addresses of the two most important people:

Jeff Zucker
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY

Kevin Reilly
President, NBC Entertainment
3000 West Alameda Ave.
Burbank, CA

Thank you so much for your support for this great show… show that support to NBC!

If you have questions, want someone to proof-read for you, or ANYTHING, feel free to contact me at: fanclubad@yahoo.com

Thank you!
Old 10-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hello everyone!

I was just informed that NBC is not accepting LETTERS, due to the threat of anthrax, (remember Tom Brokaw got a laced letter awhile back?)

So PLEASE don't write letters in envelopes, PLEASE write your notes on POSTCARDS. I talked to the NBC mailrooms, and they said they are accepting postcards.

Also- many people have been asking if there is an email address to write to... I have heard from many people that email is not as effective as real, tangible mail. Anyone can shoot off an email in 5 seconds. When you sit and write a note, you are showing your dedication. You bought the postcard, you put a stamp on it, you mail it out... it shows more dedication than the 5 seconds it takes on email. We want to show HOW MUCH we support the show, so write that postcard!!!

Thank you all for your help. You are all so awesome.

Any questions, email: fanclubad@yahoo.com
Old 10-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Supreme Fan

Thank you so much for posting this information. This is a wonderful show & I will definitely write in & thank them for supporting it. This show is probably one of the if not the most relavent on TV right now.

If NBC is smart they will continue to support it.

thanks again.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:28 PM
Total Fan

[color=royal blue]I'll definitely be writing. I lurve this show. And I don't dole out lurve lightly.[/color]
Old 10-20-2004, 02:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the info! I will definitely be writing. I think you are exactly right that this show is very relevant today. Having JJ in Vietnam and showing a lot of those scenes may help some people relate to what's going on for our military personnel overseas today.

I also agree that it's very important not to treat the postcard as part of a "Save Our Show" campaign. I think thank yous and general support would be much more appreciated. That's just my opinion.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you, I am going to start writing post cards ASAP
Old 11-19-2004, 11:10 PM
New Fan

I love this show...I'll definatly write!

"Someone once said it's the good girls who keep diaries, the bad girls never have the time. Me? I just wanna live a life I'm gonna remember, even if I don't write it down." -Brooke Davis
Old 11-20-2004, 03:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Old 11-22-2004, 01:07 AM
New Fan

Your a bandstand dancer on the show?? How cool is that!! I would do anything to have your job! Thats just awesome!

Thanks for letting us know that the show isn't in danger..I was worried about it. I'll be sure and write a postcard. Thanks again!

-Sarah

Summer: How can you live like this? Your t-shirts are touching your sweaters.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm glad to hear that the show hasn't been cancelled (yet). It's really neat the way Meg & Roxanne get to dance live in front of singers from their time. I would have LOVED to do something like that when I was their age. I envy them.

P.S. Did anyone tape last night's episode where J.J. comes home? If they did could you contact me? I missed everything after Helen arrives to tell Jack that J.J. is coming home. I would pay for shipping.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

It was confirmed, it was picked up for the whole season!
Arrow #8
Old 11-23-2004, 02:49 AM
New Fan

What what what!!!!! ~*Astaldoantoiel*~ where have-you find this information that the show isn't will canceled??? Oh my god, I love this show!

sorry for my bad english!

and thanks for reply!!
Old 11-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Supreme Fan

Astaldoantoiel, that is great news! Thank you.