Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

I don't loathe the OC (mocking it can be mighty humorous), but I think it's fluff compared to either JoA or Cold Case, which made me mad when I thought that the OC was going to win.

And isn't Cold Case a CBS show too? So the CBS conspiracy theory doesn't exactly pan. I mean, they had their first and second highest rating new shows up against each other.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Extreme Fan

For those interested... first part is Joe and Amber's presentation for Fav. TV dramatic series (I thought the intereaction was funny [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ) and of course, Joe's acceptance speech.

Joe: Well when it comes to Favorite Television Dramatic Series, the viewers seem to have a preference for shows w/ abbreviated titles
Amber: this year you've selected CSI, SVU and ER. To give them their full names; CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and... ER.
Joe: And do you happen to have any inside information as to who the winner is?
Amber: No, God only knows. No really, God only knows.
Joe: And He hasn't told you.
Amber: Are you kidding me? He hasn't even told me for being picked up for second season
Joe: Well first things first...
*shows clips from the nominees*

Joe's JoA PCA acceptance speech
Joe: Well on behalf of the hundreds of people who work very hard every week to put on Joan of Arcadia, we accept this award and thank the people for supporting us. It was over 40 years ago that it was said that television at times can be a vast wasteland. And I just want to let you know that each week those same hundreds of people work very hard on a show that hopefully we feel is not corny or insipid or profane, and hopefully actually has something to say. Thank you very much.

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jayta:
<STRONG>The OC is more like a teen Melrose Place...or high end BH90210. Been there done that. Only reason people like it is because the people are pretty and of the couples. Not necessarily storylines.</STRONG>
Actually, for alot of us, it's Adam Brody. Just him. We don't even need storylines. He could read a telephone book for an hour and I'd watch .

I'm glad JoA won, the OC is getting enough hype all on it's own. Since JoA is more family oriented, I think it needs every little boost. Not crazy about the red red dress thought. Amber is more of a blue-purple girl, IMO.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Candygirl:
<STRONG>

Actually, for alot of us, it's Adam Brody. Just him. We don't even need storylines. He could read a telephone book for an hour and I'd watch .

</STRONG>
This is true. It's the only reason I watch at all.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Candygirl:
<STRONG>

I'm glad JoA won, the OC is getting enough hype all on it's own. Since JoA is more family oriented, I think it needs every little boost. Not crazy about the red red dress thought. Amber is more of a blue-purple girl, IMO.</STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That's soooooo funny, because when I was writing that post, I was going to say that. The only reason to watch the OC is AB! [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

How funny is that? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

That would be my *only* reason for watching the show! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I wouldn't have to if Fox would let him back on my WB show GG. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] Lane and Dave....

How could he leave us like that? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, yeah, in comparison...it was no choice...well to me at least! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 01-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Absolutely - are there people that watch The O.C. for reasons other than Adam? haha

I really wish they would change JoA's night though - I can hardly ever catch it. They should stick it on Wednesday nights against The O.C. haha
Old 01-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by twinkie_princess:
<STRONG>Absolutely - are there people that watch The O.C. for reasons other than Adam? haha

I really wish they would change JoA's night though - I can hardly ever catch it. They should stick it on Wednesday nights against The O.C. haha</STRONG>
I don't know who wouldn't [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img] I know that's why I would *ever* be caught watching that show... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

I like JoA's night though... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] uh, ever heard of a thing called a V . C. R? [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Yeah, I'm being a little on the wry side tonight [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 01-16-2004, 01:18 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm so happy JoA won! I agree with the reason for watching the O.C. is Adam Brody. I used to really enjoy watching the O.C. however I feel the quality of writing has just been decreasing at lightning speed.

Meanwhile, with each episode of JoA I see, I fall in love more and more. The show definitely deserves the publicity a lot more than the O.C.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:10 PM
New Fan

hey, new here...

just wondering.....who from the cast of JoA was there? besides Amber of course...
i totally forgot that it was on.....too busy watching Alias....
Old 01-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Tara: Your welcome! You should go to the BAT if you, it is loads of fun. Last year Shiri Appleby from Roswell was there, Tara from Buffy, Adam Rodriquez from CSI: Miamai, and now this year Joan! lol!

Lady: You were there last year? Wow, I probably met you or something? Who did you bowl with? I was on the lanes next to where Shiri Appleby and Nick Wechsler bowled. Would love to meet yout his time.

Marilyn
Old 01-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Talking to Angels If I'm not mistaken, the entire cast was there. There are pics on the JoA picture thread, so check it out [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Hehe, count me in on watching Alias instead, I completely forgot about the PCA's.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:23 PM
New Fan

I think the whole 'family' was there, but no reacurring actors, like Becky Wahlstrom, or Chris Marquette. Which really sucks, cause i'd have like to see them all dressed up.
Just like Amber was! She looked so pretty!!!