Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2024, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Finally finished my season 7 re-watch tonight albeit skipping episodes 13 and 17

Really loved the 8 minute goodbye tribute with the cast that was included on the DVDs

I’ve been re-watching with the DVDs

The full tribute wasn’t uploaded to YouTube so it was my first time seeing the full tribute

Loved them reminiscing about the series as a whole
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

they talked about the midnight club, season 3 finale, and the Luke Perry tribute episodes in their looking back retrospective

I’m definitely thankful too that the extended cut of the series finale was included on the DVDs

I was able to watch 2 of the cut sequences from the TV aired version without commercials on my TV:

the final jalopy ride with the core four and the extended scene of Betty saying goodbye to Riverdale as she passes the town sign

the scene with Betty saying goodbye definitely hits harder to me with the extended scene

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 02-02-2024 at 02:13 AM
Old 02-02-2024, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
they talked about the midnight club, season 3 finale, and the Luke Perry tribute episodes in their looking back retrospective

I’m definitely thankful too that the extended cut of the series finale was included on the DVDs

I was able to watch 2 of the cut sequences from the TV aired version without commercials on my TV:

the final jalopy ride with the core four and the extended scene of Betty saying goodbye to Riverdale as she passes the town sign

the scene with Betty saying goodbye definitely hits harder to me with the extended scene
Oh, there was an extended cut on the DVDs? What happened?

Ah, okay. Yeah, I don't think I'd have been able to take that ending.

Quote:
Finally finished my season 7 re-watch tonight albeit skipping episodes 13 and 17

Really loved the 8 minute goodbye tribute with the cast that was included on the DVDs

I’ve been re-watching with the DVDs

The full tribute wasn’t uploaded to YouTube so it was my first time seeing the full tribute

Loved them reminiscing about the series as a whole
I'm glad you're able to rewatch season 7, Allison. I wouldn't be ablet to do it.

I'd be too depressed. This is why I'm rewatching Smallville. It's therapeutic.

Quote:
I did like the songs in the musical episode
Which musical episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by - just stand still - (View Post)
I tried to watch 7.14 and I just can't.
Which one is that?

Quote:
some of the writing choices after episode 11 and before episodes 19-20 were definitely odd

some of it felt disjointed

Oh, the writing choices for the entire final season was off the rails. It would've been one thing if it were like the Rivervale storyline and only lasted for a short time, but having it last the entire final season was a waste.
Old 02-02-2024, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah there were extended scenes that weren’t aired on tv because of commercial breaks including the 2 I talked about

Quote:

these 2 scenes especially I would’ve loved to have seen in the aired tv version because I feel like they really add to the emotion of the episode

loved the 8 minute cast tribute on the DVDs but a blooper reel would’ve been nice too

I know they showed it at the cast and crew wrap party

The season 7 musical episode is episode 14

I still listen to the songs all the time

They’re just so damn catchy
Old 02-05-2024, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, then they should've made the finale longer. Or told it over two nights.

I've seen a lot of deleted scenes that I'd wished were in the television broadcast. I hate it when they cut really good scenes.

I didn't see the cast tribute. Is it on YouTube?

Maybe one day they'll release a blooper reel.

The wrap party was probably very emotional too.

Oh, okay. The Archie musical number?

Maybe the songs are on YouTube.
Old 02-05-2024, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah with the additional scenes the series finale episode is about 7-8 minutes longer which comes out be 50 minutes rather than the standard 42-43 minute episode aired on TV

I was fine with the length

A 2 hour finale would’ve felt too long to me

Yup it is a shame especially when they’re well-acted too

There was a part of it shared on YT but it wasn’t the full thing

I shared it earlier in this thread

Yeah that would be nice

They haven’t shared one since season 4

Oh yes for sure

Yup Archie the musical haha

Yeah they’re up there

I downloaded the songs on my phone so I listen to them everywhere when I’m out of my house lol

and sing along sometimes
Old 02-06-2024, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Just 7 to 8 minutes? They could've kept some of that stuff in, or cut out some of the stuff we didn't need.

Oh, okay. As long as you were fine with it.

Really? I remember when two hour finales were the norm.

Was it really that well acted? Now I'm depressed.

Oh, so not all of it is on YT?

Damn, did I miss it?

Oh, I see.

Yeah, the Archie musical for some reason reminds me of the Ken song from Barbie.

Oh, you do? Awww, that's cute.