Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2021, 02:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I'm okay, dragonfire, thanks. I'm glad you are too.

Just need to get through the holidays, as usual. I'll feel better when we get to April.
Good, no problem. Thanks.

I see.

I hope everyone is ok, and good day as well.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanksgiving is coming soon.
Old 11-10-2021, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Thanksgiving is coming soon.
Good, no problem. Thanks.

Yep.

I hope everyone is ok, and good day as well.

Quote:

Okay, now let me reply to you, dragonfire.

Ah, I see. Friday night is the death slot for TV shows. That's where they move you when they don't intend to renew you, to the night when few people are home.

I see. So basically the original idea for Gotham was identical to Smallville, they just decided to go with Smallville because of Batman Begins. Then they did Gotham after the Nolan trilogy was over.

Hmmm, I still think they'd have had Bruce and Barbara get together for a short time, like Olicity.

I have no idea, I don't know Chloe that well.

Bruce and Harley would still be weird. Does Bruce have to every female villain he goes up against?

Well, I don't know why Gotham did that, but in the comics Bruce trained with people not connected to the League of Assassins to establish that he was a self-made superhero, seeking out mentorship from a variety of different sources. Gotham and The Dark Knight movies probably just wanted to expedite things and create more of a mythology to Bruce's backstory, but I didn't think that was necessary. I think it's better that Bruce and Ra's have no close relationship whatsoever other than Bruce's relationship with Talia.

Wow, that seems like a rather poor decision on Smallville's part. But so typical CW.

Yeah, I get what you mean about Gotham knowing when to quit better than Smallville did.

Yes, that annoys me having too much of the story being told before either Clark or Bruce become Superman and Batman. It seems a waste. You could just do a Superman or a Batman show rather than do a prequel series.

Well, we didn't exactly see them, did we? We heard Venkman's voice, but we didn't see their faces, so we'll see.

You're welcome. Thanks, dragonfire! I'm okay and I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Thanks.

I know.

Well, from what I read seems while WB/DC wanted to get Batman rebooted in the movies, they let Superman go because the Superman reboot movie was stuck in development Hades, so came Smallville Tuesdays at 9 PM on WB 2001.

Which surprisingly history is repeating itself. Batman rebooted in the movies? Check. Superman reboot movie stuck in development Hades, so comes Superman&Lois Tuesdays at 9 PM on CW 2021? Check.

I highly doubt it.

Well, she is like Felicity in a way especially with Chloe ending up with Oliver, like Smallville started the whole Oliver ends up with the blonde computer wiz intelligent woman instead of Black Canary.

Also Chloe is Lois's Cousin so Chloe ended up with her Cousin's Ex, and Lois ended up with Chloe's crush.

I know, but I can see it happening. Well, to be fair this would had been before they were against each other, like what Gotham did, Bruce would had met his Rogue Gallery before they became his Rogue Gallery.

As for your question? I guess.

Well, I think they did because the Nolan trilogy started that, and Gotham's final season had it very similar to Rises.

The villain in the fore front? Bane. Bane turns out not to be the main villain but instead the pawn working for the true mastermind Theresa Walker who is secretly the Daughter of Ra's, she wants revenge on Bruce for Ra's, so she wants to blow up Gotham, and make Bruce watch.

The key difference? While Rises had it be Bruce's end as Batman, Gotham had it be Bruce's beginning as Batman.

Thanks for the info, and I see.

Yep. Well, this happened when the show was still on the WB. Also the actor who played her boyfriend who turned out to be a villain was Jensen Ackles who left the show because he was cast in the show Supernatural.

Yep.

I see. You can't if WB/DC says no.

Spoiler:

Thanks again. No problem. Good, and thanks. Thanks.

I hope everyone is ok, and goodnight as well.

Last edited by dragonfire; 11-10-2021 at 08:37 PM
Old 11-10-2021, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Hey guys.

Alex instead of replying here, how about I repost my post to you on the Riverdale board, and you reply to me there?

Same for future posts because it would help with the post counts, and you wouldn't have to go back pages to find my posts to you as well.

I just posted it on the Off-Topic Riverdale thread.

Okay, dragonfire. Here's my repost:

Okay, let me reply to you, dragonfire.

Yeah, I think that failed Tim Burton Superman movie with Nicholas Cage had a lot to do with that. But if Christopher Nolan hadn't done Batman Begins, they might've gone with the Gotham TV show instead.

Well, I think WB has other issues that resulted in that, mostly being stupid enough to let Zack Snyder create their cinematic universe.

Nah, I think they'd do the Bruce/Barbara thing. Especially if she starts off as Oracle and then becomes Batgirl.

Chloe ended up with Oliver? Can they never stop screwing Laurel Lance over?

Well, I guess if it's before she becomes Harley Quinn... maybe.

Yeah, I know the answer is yes.

Oh, Theresa Walker is Talia's fake name in Rises? Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that movie.

Oh, Jensen Ackles was on Smallville?

Yeah, but WB/DC shouldn't say no.

Yeah, but can we be sure it's really them? And you think Peter married... you know who?

You're welcome, dragonfire. Thanks! I'm okay and I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Old 11-10-2021, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Okay, dragonfire. Here's my repost:

Okay, let me reply to you, dragonfire.

Yeah, I think that failed Tim Burton Superman movie with Nicholas Cage had a lot to do with that. But if Christopher Nolan hadn't done Batman Begins, they might've gone with the Gotham TV show instead.

Well, I think WB has other issues that resulted in that, mostly being stupid enough to let Zack Snyder create their cinematic universe.

Nah, I think they'd do the Bruce/Barbara thing. Especially if she starts off as Oracle and then becomes Batgirl.

Chloe ended up with Oliver? Can they never stop screwing Laurel Lance over?

Well, I guess if it's before she becomes Harley Quinn... maybe.

Yeah, I know the answer is yes.

Oh, Theresa Walker is Talia's fake name in Rises? Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that movie.

Oh, Jensen Ackles was on Smallville?

Yeah, but WB/DC shouldn't say no.

Yeah, but can we be sure it's really them? And you think Peter married... you know who?

You're welcome, dragonfire. Thanks! I'm okay and I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Thanks. Thanks.

I don't know with the way WB/DC is known to be with Batman I imagine they would had still said no, and found someone else to reboot Batman in the movies.

I see.

I see.

Yep. Good question.

I wonder if they would had done the same with Bruce, and Ivy? I know Gotham had them know each other before they became Batman, and Poison Ivy.

Speaking of Poison Ivy. I hope she shows up in The Batman sequels. I actually wonder if the reason why they haven't let her team-up with Harley yet is that the Reevesverse have plans for Poison Ivy?

Yep.

No, Theresa Walker was Nyssa's fake name in Gotham. Talia's fake name in Rises was Miranda Tate.

I know.

Yep, then he went on to play on Supernatural.

I know.

Yes. Yes.

Oh, seems in January Superman&Lois S2 starts. I hope Brainiac shows up at some point.

Old 11-11-2021, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire! I'm okay, thanks. I'm glad you are too.

Okay, let me answer you. I hope this doesn't mean you won't still post on the Heroes board on occasion.

Quote:
Thanks. Thanks.

I don't know with the way WB/DC is known to be with Batman I imagine they would had still said no, and found someone else to reboot Batman in the movies.

I see.

I see.

Yep. Good question.

I wonder if they would had done the same with Bruce, and Ivy? I know Gotham had them know each other before they became Batman, and Poison Ivy.

Speaking of Poison Ivy. I hope she shows up in The Batman sequels. I actually wonder if the reason why they haven't let her team-up with Harley yet is that the Reevesverse have plans for Poison Ivy?

Yep.

No, Theresa Walker was Nyssa's fake name in Gotham. Talia's fake name in Rises was Miranda Tate.

I know.

Yep, then he went on to play on Supernatural.

I know.

Yes. Yes.

Oh, seems in January Superman&Lois S2 starts. I hope Brainiac shows up at some point.

You're welcome.

You think so? If Nolan didn't make Batman Begins, who could WB get to make a movie? I don't know of many people who would take the job. Ridley Scott was offered it and he turned it down.

Glad you see.

Is there an answer?

Oh, I'm pretty sure that they'd have gotten Bruce and Ivy together for a hookup. They're both too horny to not have that happen.

Oh, that's right. Sorry, I forgot.

Yes, I know he was in Supernatural.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm gonna try getting into that.

You're welcome, you're welcome, and you're welcome.

Thanks, and goodnight, dragonfire!

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 11-11-2021 at 10:52 PM
Old 11-12-2021, 12:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, dragonfire! I'm okay, thanks. I'm glad you are too.

Okay, let me answer you. I hope this doesn't mean you won't still post on the Heroes board on occasion.

You're welcome.

You think so? If Nolan didn't make Batman Begins, who could WB get to make a movie? I don't know of many people who would take the job. Ridley Scott was offered it and he turned it down.

Glad you see.

Is there an answer?

Oh, I'm pretty sure that they'd have gotten Bruce and Ivy together for a hookup. They're both too horny to not have that happen.

Oh, that's right. Sorry, I forgot.

Yes, I know he was in Supernatural.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm gonna try getting into that.

You're welcome, you're welcome, and you're welcome.

Thanks, and goodnight, dragonfire!
Hey Alex. Good, no problem. Thanks.

Thanks. I'll still post on the Heroes board.

Thanks again.

Yes. I imagine they would had found someone eventually. Just look at what happened after Affleck stepped down from directing his Batman movie.

It wasn't long until WB got Reeves to do The Batman Movie. WB is with Batman like Sony is with Spider-Man.

Thanks.

I guess no. Also Sharon can relate.

Yep. Yep.

It's ok.

Good.

No problem. I hope you like it. It's actually the one CWDC show I hope can have Bruce appear on it.

Thanks again.

No problem, and thanks.

Old 11-12-2021, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, dragonfire. Thanks.

You're welcome.

What happened after Affleck stepped down is the world breathed a sigh of relief.

Yeah, but Reeves' movie won't fit into the DCEU. Also, before Nolan, no one was sure if a Batman movie would work after the Batman & Robin debacle in 1997. It was nearly a decade before another Batman movie came out.

You're welcome.

Ugh, I know she can.

You think Bruce might show up on the new show?

You're welcome again.

I'm doing fine, thanks. I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Old 11-12-2021, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Okay, dragonfire. Thanks.

You're welcome.

What happened after Affleck stepped down is the world breathed a sigh of relief.

Yeah, but Reeves' movie won't fit into the DCEU. Also, before Nolan, no one was sure if a Batman movie would work after the Batman & Robin debacle in 1997. It was nearly a decade before another Batman movie came out.

You're welcome.

Ugh, I know she can.

You think Bruce might show up on the new show?

You're welcome again.

I'm doing fine, thanks. I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
No problem.

Thanks again.

I see.

I know. I know.

Thanks again.

Yep.

I don't know but I hope he can. Seems the cast wants him to appear on the show.

Thanks again.

Good, no problem. Thanks. Thanks.

Man, it feels like a dream come true that The X-Men TAS sequel show on Disney+ is really happening.

Old 11-13-2021, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
No problem.

Thanks again.

I see.

I know. I know.

Thanks again.

Yep.

I don't know but I hope he can. Seems the cast wants him to appear on the show.

Thanks again.

Man, it feels like a dream come true that The X-Men TAS sequel show on Disney+ is really happening.

You're welcome, dragonfire.

I'm glad.

You're welcome again.

So the cast of Superman & Lois wants a Bruce Wayne appearance?

I'm glad that you're happy. I hope you get your Casper sequel as well.

I'm okay, thanks. I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Old 11-13-2021, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You're welcome, dragonfire.

I'm glad.

You're welcome again.

So the cast of Superman & Lois wants a Bruce Wayne appearance?

I'm glad that you're happy. I hope you get your Casper sequel as well.

I'm okay, thanks. I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Thanks again.

Thanks.

Thanks again.

Yep, like Tyler wants his Superman to team-up with Batman, and he also wants The Joker on there as well which if WB CW was smart they would do a World Finest crossover with The Joker, and Lex as the villains.

I mean it would be nice to see a live-action Batman and Superman where it doesn't involve them fighting each other, and Batman so obsessed with taking down Superman.

Thanks. I will admit I tried not to get my hopes up in case it wasn't announced but thankfully it was, and boy after it was I did like a crazy victory dance thing.

Thanks. Oh, Tuesday Riverdale returns, and Friday Ghostbusters: Afterlife comes out.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome again, dragonfire. You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome.

Wow, Tyler wants all of that? Does he know that WB doesn't really allow all of that for the TV shows? That would be awesome, but I don't know if they could get all that done.

Yes, that would be nice, because I really didn't like Snyder's obsession with having Batman and Superman fight. The Dark Knight Returns was an alternate universe story.

I know, you've been doing your crazy victory dance all over FF.

Thanks for letting me know. I hope the first five episodes are good. Are you going to see Afterlife opening weekend?

You're welcome.

Thanks, dragonfire. I'm okay, and I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Old 11-15-2021, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You're welcome again, dragonfire. You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome.

Wow, Tyler wants all of that? Does he know that WB doesn't really allow all of that for the TV shows? That would be awesome, but I don't know if they could get all that done.

Yes, that would be nice, because I really didn't like Snyder's obsession with having Batman and Superman fight. The Dark Knight Returns was an alternate universe story.

I know, you've been doing your crazy victory dance all over FF.

Thanks for letting me know. I hope the first five episodes are good. Are you going to see Afterlife opening weekend?

You're welcome.

Thanks, dragonfire. I'm okay, and I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Thanks again. Thanks again.

If you mean Batman, and Joker then yes. I think he knows. Well, I think they could do the World Finest team-up against Joker&Lex.

I know. I know.

True, but I meant like a physical crazy victory dance. I couldn't help it, I just love The X-Men so much, like I love them as much as I love Batman.

No problem. Same. No.

Thanks again.

No problem. Good, and thanks. Thanks.

Old 11-16-2021, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks again. Thanks again.

If you mean Batman, and Joker then yes. I think he knows. Well, I think they could do the World Finest team-up against Joker&Lex.

I know. I know.

True, but I meant like a physical crazy victory dance. I couldn't help it, I just love The X-Men so much, like I love them as much as I love Batman.

No problem. Same. No.

Thanks again.

No problem. Good, and thanks. Thanks.

You're welcome again, dragonfire.

Wow, that would be awesome. I've always said that World's Finest would've been better than that stupid Batman v Superman stuff. But do you think WB/CW would go for that?

I know you know.

Yeah, I know you do. I hope you get your wish. I've always had a difficult relationship with Hollywood adaptations of X-Men due to the way they always treated Scott and Jean, as you know.

I'm glad you like Batman as well.

You going to see Ghostbusters: Afterlife this week?

You're welcome. Thanks, I'm okay, and I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Old 11-17-2021, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope everyone is having a good week so far