Old 08-26-2023, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...theory-endgame
Old 08-27-2023, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-27-2023, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for all of those, Allison.

Oh, I'd love for that to be true. I think that it's a very good theory, but because there's no verification from the show, it's only a theory. If that actually did happen, then it should've happened on screen, not in fan theory. This is why I resent RAS for doing what he did, which was cowardly and lazy on his part. Guys like him are running movies and television into the ground with their lousy writing.
Old 08-27-2023, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

You’re welcome

Honestly I didn’t even make some of the connections myself until I saw that thread

I’ve re-watched that edit multiple times now

Thought maybe this series finale would’ve given me closure but no I’m just thinking about them even more now

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 08-27-2023 at 05:15 PM
Old 08-27-2023, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can see how those connections would be made. But it doesn't make things any less depressing.

Yeah, the finale didn't do anything for me either. Just once, I'd like to see a show get a finale right.
Old 08-27-2023, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually did like it overall from an emotional standpoint (with Lili in my opinion really doing the heavy lifting and giving the best performance - KJ's was probably my 2nd favorite)

every time she was crying/teary-eyed it made me emotional and I felt it through all her scenes

and I really liked the final scene at Pop's and how that was done

but yeah of course I would've preferred to have ended the show with the present day timeline characters and not these merged versions

I guess in a way it proves just how much of an impact this couple made on me and how much I truly love them if I'm still thinking about them this much post-series finale

what this finale proved to me though is that Archie really was in Betty's heart pretty much her entire life

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 08-27-2023 at 06:20 PM
Old 08-28-2023, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I agree with you to an extent, but I also think that Betty's behavior after she got her memories back was terribly out of character. Doing a poly relationship with Archie, Veronica, and Jughead seemed really odd because she and Jughead split on bad terms, and you don't typically just get back together with an ex like that. As you know, I could totally see Betty in a trio with Archie and Veronica after she let Archie kiss Veronica in season 6, but not the four of them. That just seems weird, especially since Archie and Jughead's friendship was nonexistent for all of season 7 and the show spent so much time on Archie and Reggie, which all of a sudden went right out the window.

But Betty sending Archie out to California and telling him to find someone else and live his life just seemed... wrong. Especially her adopting a daughter and living her life alone afterwards. After everything they went through the previous season, it just doesn't match up. I felt that RAS did what no writer should do. He tried to satisfy everyone and in doing so, satisfied no one, as well as allowing his ideology to interfere with good storytelling.
Old 08-28-2023, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah that was my least favorite part of the episode definitely but I think it was meant to be played more for laughs with that sequence/not meant to be taken that seriously

But yeah I didn’t find it too funny personally

I do think those are moreso Betty’s memories if we’re going by the theory and she forgot that they do end up together because she’s old now and losing her memory

Old 08-29-2023, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was hoping they got thier hapy ending

kinda depressing

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 08-29-2023, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the video, Allison!

Yeah, maybe, but I'd have preferred something more substantive with Betty and Archie that brings their relationship full circle, not some cowardly fanservice move by RAS that satisfies no one.

It was just an unfulfilling ending.
Old 08-30-2023, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

You’re welcome Alex

Some nice big HD gifs of that kiss from last week

https://rvdregister.tumblr.com/post/726575608234115072
Old 08-31-2023, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thank you so much for those gifs, Allison! But that just convinces me that RAS screwed up the ending even more.

They needed to be endgame for certain.
Old 09-02-2023, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

You’re very welcome again Alex

A Barchie fan managed to get this photo prop auctioned off on eBay - happy for them

Also another photo old Betty has of Archie in her bedroom - the one on the left side

Confirmed by a set decorator

Old 09-02-2023, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for those, Allison!

Was that a behind the scenes photo?

Oh, so that heart shaped frame with Archie's photo is evidence that they ended up together? I'd prefer to have actually seen it instead of having to guess at it.