Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

2x04 - "Chapter Seventeen: The Town That Dreaded Sundown" {November 1st}

Chapter Seventeen: The Town That Dreaded Sundown
November 1st 2017
The CW

When Archie's attempt to take matters into his own hands spirals out of control, Mayor McCoy calls an emergency town hall meeting to deal with the growing chaos in Riverdale. Meanwhile, when Betty finds herself at the center of a deepening mystery, her decision to keep some parts of it from Jughead causes further friction between the two. Elsewhere, Veronica grows concerned for Archie when she realizes the lengths he would go to seek revenge against the person terrorizing Riverdale. Finally, tensions between the North and Southside finally come to a head and leads to an unexpected showdown.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Another good episode!

Hermione, shut the eff up. Wow, I just cant stand her character anymore! First, telling V not to date Archie. Then telling Hiram she knew Fred would be a "problem"? LIKE, WTH. Seriously. Does she remember she dated Fred? I cant stand this woman anymore. Not much Hiram in this one which I appreciated because he had some heavy focus in the last episodes.

Noteworthy suspects at this point imo... The Principal, Hal Cooper, Mayor McCoy, Sheriff Keller. All of them have had excessive screen time. My money is still on Hal. He has a similar stature to the shooter and he knows Betty very well and would know the books she used to read. Plus, if the shooter is doing this "for betty" it seems like he would be doing it to protect her in some way, idk. We haven't seen much/any of the blossoms so at this point I am going to rule them out. Where the hell has FP been? Josie anyone? Reggie is more of a main character at this point than her. Btw, his "You have crap timing bro" line was hilarious, delivery was spot on there! Oh and not much for Cheryl to do this season either... (next week is she passed out or is that her making out with someone? )

Toni is pretty but that is about all she has going for her. She was totally annoying in this episode. What was with her digs at Betty? So rude for no reason at all. And then just blurting that Jughead has been lying to her? Yes Betty needed to know but come on... low blow. The Kevin/Toni scene was funny. Too bad Kevin didn't get much in this episode and I hated that he and Betty were suddenly friends again? They just kinda skipped over that plot unless I missed a scene. His line about her was so cute though! "Betty's pony is iconic and beyond reproach."

Jughead in general has not been my favorite character this season. I don't like that he's even more gloom and doom than before and I really hate that he is keeping things from Betty. They just seem to be on totally different pages and I can foresee a break up happening sooner rather than later. Him joining the serpents next week is not good and for Archie/Jughead its not going to be good either. Their little kiss and cuddle sesh in the episode was cute though. His line "Nancy Drew meets Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" was so adorable.

Betty was an MVP in this one and I am glad she got some focus! I love how mature she is handling Toni. Not making digs back and being the bigger person. She is clearly jealous but she isn't showing it and I love that she didn't get mad at Jughead for lying to her or make a big thing of it. But i think eventually she might snap? The murder being centered around her was surprising and a little cheesy imo, but I am glad it pulls her into the storyline. The black hood doing all of this because of Betty's speech is a little silly and I hope there is a deeper meaning here. I did like the town hall moment when Betty went and pulled the alarm, that was a good scene. THE ENDING WTF. This show moves so quick. Next week looks intense too. (Not even gonna try to decipher everything else in that promo though )

Archie was a grade A idiot in this episode. I still love him and I think KJ is doing amazing and I think Archie is 10x sexier this season (I was kinda drooling after KJ the whole time) but the whole vigilante storyline is just bad. I understand the school suspending him and not wanting to promote violence but when he said he wanted to actually KILL the guy? WTF. Like, that was messed up and Archie needs major help. Pulling the gun on the serpents was so dumb, but at the same time, I kinda understand why? I mean, it was 3 against 1 and sweet pea (who is obnoxious btw) had a knife on him?! I can see how it escalated the way it did. The fight was just dumb though and then stabbing Dilton? (Another character who feels sort of useless and random at this point). It got way out of hand so I loved at the end when he realized he needed to let it go and throw the gun in the water. I just hope this whole red circle storyline is done now. (nice depiction of how easy it is to get a gun in the US btw....)

Veronica is a bad ass queen. I just love her. While I think it was really DUMB of her to support Archie for being a dummy, I appreciate that she wanted to support her boyfriend and be there for him. I dont think she realized the extent of what he wanted to do. Their first surprise kiss at his house was really hot. i love them working together as a couple and a duo, they just work so well together imo. I do like that Ronnie got the gun for him from the school and that he told her about it because it shows he does trust her and he's not keeping secrets from her like Bughead are... I was so glad when she said she threw the gun out but I knew she didn't! Her making the "rules" for the fight was awesome, its too bad that they didn't listen, but she had the last word when she fired the gun. How did residents not hear that though? The ending scene in the room was HOT as hell. Her bandaging up like she did in 105 was so adorable. AND THAT MAKE OUT WAS SO SDFDSFSDFD. I loved when she pushed him down onto the bed and he laughed, that was so cute. They have such good chemistry imo. But why the heck would Fred just turn around? Archie was all bloody and was half naked and he just leaves them be? . I was glad when she went with him to throw out the gun too! And in the promo, that scene looks hot! (but also weird with all these people around? maybe its a dream or something.) Just waiting for their I Love You's because ummm, its super obvious they are!

Missing my Jarchie, Beronica, and even Barchie interactions. The show needs to be more consistent and more even between the characters and the ships! I love my bughead/varchie but I want to see some other interactions too. I am missing my kevin/veronica scenes as well!
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I only caught a bit.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

This episode had me asking all sorts of questions. I want to know who it is if they're connected to B.

Again, Archie is getting on my nerves. Don't like that V is getting involved either. He's going to drag her down.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

The new episode of Riverdale certainly was suspenseful. I loved it. I loved the fact that the show is getting darker and darker, so many interesting things are happening. So many interactions we are having. And so many feuds are taken place.

The writing for the Archie is definitely on point this season. The writers are really giving him more development. KJ is knocking it out of the park. He's become more reckless and unafraid, standing up against what's happening in Riverdale. Liked his scenes with Veronica, the football team as well as Dilton Doiley, and Fred the most.

Veronica is a supportive girlfriend and I am loving it a lot. She has Archie's back and she shows no fear when sticking up for him. She's protective of him, and Archie is the same when it comes to her.
She's not scared to piss off her parents or chastise Archie when he's putting himself in harm's way. She's tough and reliable. She knew her father had manipulated Archie into making that video.

Betty just might have some competition for Jughead's affection in the form of Toni Topaz. That one scene between the two of them get heated pretty quickly. I strongly believe that they are going to continue to bump heads. Betty and Jug are lying to one another and that's not good. Withholding information from your boyfriend or girlfriend is still considered lying in my eyes.

This season is testing Bugheads relationship and we are starting to see cracks in their foundation. However, the same can't be said for Varchie's relationship. Archie and Veronica seem more soild and we are getting more layers to their relationship. Archie and Veronica are relying on one another, they are sharing intimate talks, and they are learning more about one another.

Fred seems as though he's at his wit's end with dealing with Archie.

Hiram is so devious, but I love how he can't fool Veronica.

Hermione didn't annoy me with her crapy behavior toward Veronica, she actually gave her some good advice about loyalty.

The feud between the Northside and the Southside is heating up.

Betty is receiving letters from the Black Hood and lied about it. Liking her storyline involving the Black Hood a lot.

I'm loving Jugead's storyline as well with the whole SouthSide High, the school's paper, and his developing friendship with Toni.

The townhall meeting was good with all the parents. Alice sure do hate the SouthSide and I can't understand, because she's from there. Fred gave the perfect speech and I didn't like how Hermione told Hiram that he could be a problem for what they are trying to do.

Crazy fight against the Southside and Northside. V wielded that gun like a pro. Love this girl so much. That fight was a wake up call for Archie. He and Veronica make a great team.

Of course it was up to Betty and Jug to warn everyone in townhall about the Black Hood.

And that end, Betty needs to watch herself with the BH.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good episode. Loved the Veronica and Archies scenes and the Outsider type fight between the North and South sides.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Another good episode!

Hermione, shut the eff up. Wow, I just cant stand her character anymore! First, telling V not to date Archie. Then telling Hiram she knew Fred would be a "problem"? LIKE, WTH. Seriously. Does she remember she dated Fred? I cant stand this woman anymore. Not much Hiram in this one which I appreciated because he had some heavy focus in the last episodes.
She is becoming more unlikable than ever before.

Quote:
Noteworthy suspects at this point imo... The Principal, Hal Cooper, Mayor McCoy, Sheriff Keller. All of them have had excessive screen time. My money is still on Hal. He has a similar stature to the shooter and he knows Betty very well and would know the books she used to read. Plus, if the shooter is doing this "for betty" it seems like he would be doing it to protect her in some way, idk. We haven't seen much/any of the blossoms so at this point I am going to rule them out. Where the hell has FP been? Josie anyone? Reggie is more of a main character at this point than her. Btw, his "You have crap timing bro" line was hilarious, delivery was spot on there! Oh and not much for Cheryl to do this season either... (next week is she passed out or is that her making out with someone? )
I hope it isn't Hal. I am hoping it is Hiram. The timing would work, maybe not the stature. I wanted to see FP, I hope we get lots of scenes next week.

Quote:
Toni is pretty but that is about all she has going for her. She was totally annoying in this episode. What was with her digs at Betty? So rude for no reason at all. And then just blurting that Jughead has been lying to her? Yes Betty needed to know but come on... low blow. The Kevin/Toni scene was funny. Too bad Kevin didn't get much in this episode and I hated that he and Betty were suddenly friends again? They just kinda skipped over that plot unless I missed a scene. His line about her was so cute though! "Betty's pony is iconic and beyond reproach."

I think Toni is pretty too. I think she would work with Cheryl. I know she is going to cause problems for Betty, I am just happy it hasn't started to yet. She was baiting Betty, which annoyed me. I really can't stand when writing makes the girls the bad ones and the guy to innocent doofus. I hate triangles.

Quote:
Jughead in general has not been my favorite character this season. I don't like that he's even more gloom and doom than before and I really hate that he is keeping things from Betty. They just seem to be on totally different pages and I can foresee a break up happening sooner rather than later. Him joining the serpents next week is not good and for Archie/Jughead its not going to be good either. Their little kiss and cuddle sesh in the episode was cute though. His line "Nancy Drew meets Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" was so adorable.
I like the Betty/Jughead moments, but I feel like he is moving away from her and over to Toni.

Quote:

Betty was an MVP in this one and I am glad she got some focus! I love how mature she is handling Toni. Not making digs back and being the bigger person. She is clearly jealous but she isn't showing it and I love that she didn't get mad at Jughead for lying to her or make a big thing of it. But i think eventually she might snap? The murder being centered around her was surprising and a little cheesy imo, but I am glad it pulls her into the storyline. The black hood doing all of this because of Betty's speech is a little silly and I hope there is a deeper meaning here. I did like the town hall moment when Betty went and pulled the alarm, that was a good scene. THE ENDING WTF. This show moves so quick. Next week looks intense too. (Not even gonna try to decipher everything else in that promo though )
I wanted her to punch Toni in the face. I am happy that Betty held her ground but didn't react to Toni. I want to know what Betty's connection to the black hood is.

Quote:

Archie was a grade A idiot in this episode. I still love him and I think KJ is doing amazing and I think Archie is 10x sexier this season (I was kinda drooling after KJ the whole time) but the whole vigilante storyline is just bad. I understand the school suspending him and not wanting to promote violence but when he said he wanted to actually KILL the guy? WTF. Like, that was messed up and Archie needs major help. Pulling the gun on the serpents was so dumb, but at the same time, I kinda understand why? I mean, it was 3 against 1 and sweet pea (who is obnoxious btw) had a knife on him?! I can see how it escalated the way it did. The fight was just dumb though and then stabbing Dilton? (Another character who feels sort of useless and random at this point). It got way out of hand so I loved at the end when he realized he needed to let it go and throw the gun in the water. I just hope this whole red circle storyline is done now. (nice depiction of how easy it is to get a gun in the US btw....)
Archie is much hotter this season. I love how his story is going. Complete turn around from last season.
Emily
Old 11-03-2017, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

If the brother is the killer, that would be SO LAME.

Thanks for responding Emily!

I dont like that they are making Toni mean either. Her and Jughead should have just had a nice friendship.

Last edited by Alexa; 11-08-2017 at 02:03 AM
Old 11-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

It would be nice to have one guy/girl friendship where one isn't gay that don't hookup or are jealous when the other does.
Emily
Old 11-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

true, but i think toni is bi?
Old 11-04-2017, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
If the brother is the killer, that would be SO LAME.

Thanks for responding Michelle!

I dont like that they are making Toni mean either. Her and Jughead should have just had a nice friendship.
I have a feeling that he just might be the killer.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was wondering if Betty's brother was the killer too. I hope not.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am thinking that is probably the case.
Emily
Old 11-04-2017, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

I still think it's Sheriff Keller&Mayor McCoy. Plus with them out of the way, Hiram could gain full control over Riverdale. Oh, I forgot to mention this, but I don't see Bughead's Brother being a villain. Gray? Yes. Villain? No.

Last edited by dragonfire; 11-05-2017 at 02:04 AM
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread