Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Episode Discussion Miles G.

NAME: Miles G.
CATEGORY: Newly Made Straight Guy
EVENT: Coming Out Party

Miles is a 24 year-old trans-gendered male who just moved from California to Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Born Amelia Goff, Miles didnt feel like he was a “woman” the way he was supposed to feel like a “woman.” She grew up in Vermont as part of an extended born again Christian family, and began her transformation when she came out to her family and friends as a lesbian at the age of 15. It wasnҒt until her sophomore year at Mount Holyoke College (an all girls school!) that she started calling herself Miles. Taking testosterone for the last two years, Miles is finally able to “pass” as a male due to the physical effects of the shots. His body has gone through many changes, and now that his second “puberty” is coming to an end, he is finally ready to embrace his new life in NYC as a man.

But he needs help! Not only does he need to learn the basic skills of being a “male,” but he also needs some serious lessons in style and panache! With careful guidance from the Fab Five, Miles will become the most stylish “trans-man” this city has ever seen! The Fab Five will help Miles host a gathering of family and friends to celebrate his coming of age as a man. Many of the guests have not seen Miles since he has been on the hormone therapy, and it is important for him to reintroduce himself to everyone as Miles and show off his new look for his new life in New York City. If done right, this party is an important step for everyone in his life, past and present, to accept him and come to terms with his choice to “perform” his gender as a man.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Loyal Fan

i thought it was a great epi i like how he family support him
Old 08-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

I thought it was a really good episode. I liked how they helped him become a better person and more comfortable with himself with the awkwardness that he is experiencing.

I loved how his family was supportive of him as well.

Nicole