Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-05-2005, 07:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Tru Calling Fan Fiction

Hi

I am a new member to the forums, obviously. I loved the show for as long as it lasted and have been writing fanfiction for the show in order to get over the withdrawal symptoms from the *sob* axing of the show.

Here is a list of all my Tru Calling stories along with links to each of them. They are all PG rated and none of them, as yet, contain season two spoilers.

If you write Tru Calling stories and review any of mine be sure to leave a link letting me know where your own are archived as I always return the favour. It might not be immediately but I do get to them all eventually. I accept anonymous reviews so you don't have to join the site to read them.

Here are the stories that I have done so far.

COMPLETED STORIES

The Switch - A violent storm causes chaos when Harrison's day rewinds and he has to convince Tru that he is telling the truth so that she can help him save the victim. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2130471/1/

The Deception - When the body asking Tru for help is Harrison's cheating new girlfriend, she has to decide whether her brother's happiness or her calling comes first. But things aren't always what they seem, especially when it comes to her brother's life. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2120994/1/

The Curse - Tru is stuck on a plane on a rewind day where the victim has died from unknown causes. She can't get hold of Davis so persuades Harrison to help but another body arrives instead. Can Tru figure out what has gone wrong as the day rewinds again? http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2143728/1/

CONTINUING STORIES

The Other Side - A story about how Jack might handle his rewind days. Not season two compatible but too late to change it now. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2199741/1/

The Ghost - When the time of the victim's death is earlier than the time Tru wakes up, she finds that there is an unusual side effect to her ability. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2199656/1/

Legacy - Tru and Harrison track down the woman who had the calling for the years between their mother and Tru. But will she have the answers Tru needs or more questions? And more importantly will Tru be able to save her so she can find out at all? http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2278726/1/

The Cruise - When Richard Davies insists on taking Tru, Meredith and Harrison on a cruise, Tru is deeply suspicious. Her family is falling apart and when a fellow passenger dies the day rewinds but is it too late to put everything right? http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2201587/1/

FUTURE STORIES - some partially written already but not posted yet. I am including them as they give an idea of the direction I am taking with the stories for anyone who reads the ones above.

Divide and Conquer - Lindsay returns to the city at the same time Harrison has his first major row with his new girlfriend who has been offered a dream job opportunity in New Orleans. Tru decides to help out with his love life again but does she really know what's best for him and can he forgive her if things go wrong?

Switched Again - Sequel to The Switch with a multiple rewind day for Harrison who does not know that Richard is carefully manipulating events in every way he can. But Richard does not bank on Jack interfering too with devastating consequences for everyone.

Jane Doe - A badly burned woman with no ID on her asks for help. But with only the location of the fire to go on will Tru be able to find her in time to prevent her death? (this will probably be the first story (and only one at the moment) to contain a spoiler for the second season)

Hostage - When a hostage victim asks for help Tru finds herself getting in the way of the local police who don't want her around. An old friend who has recently joined the force might be the answer to the problem but how does she explain that she knows the hostage is going to die without revealing her secret?

Bigger Than You Think - After months of research Tru finally finds someone else who is currently reliving days the same way that she is. She invites Fay to town in the hopes of finding an ally and answers. But after a look at herself in twenty years time she wonders whether she can make the sacrifices expected of her.

Family Ties - Tru walks in on Jack in her father's office and demands to know how they know each other. She finally knows the truth about his previous job, but is she prepared to destroy Harrison's growing relationship with his father by telling him the truth? And what is it that her father still isn't telling her and does she really want to know?

For anyone that does read them, I hope that you enjoy them. Now I am off to check out some of the other threads here.

Louisa

Last edited by LouisaB; 03-05-2005 at 07:59 AM
Old 03-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to the board Louisa

I haven't had a chance to read any of your stories yet but I sure plan to. They sound interesting and more of them focus on my fave characters...Tru and Harrison! I'll come back with feedback when I get one read.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well since Harrison is my favourite character you can guarantee a lot of him in most of my stories. And it wouldn't be Tru Calling without Tru herself.

Harrison though has got to be my absolute fav character. He is so prone to trouble even when he has the best of intentions. You can't help but love him.

But better cut off here before this becomes a post better suited to the Harrison/Shawn appreciation thread.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:47 AM
Master Fan

Hi, I've just started writing a TC fic after seeing the series finale, and I have some questions about details I hope someone could answer.

Do we ever see Tru's mother's grave/headstone and what is written on it? Do we know when (the exact date) she died? How old was she when she died? And (this may be a daft question) what is her name?

fics | vids | stupid little life

Last edited by Silversun; 03-14-2005 at 02:59 AM
Old 03-15-2005, 03:12 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the links LouisaB, I'll have to check them out
Old 03-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can't remember if we have seen the headstone or not with the date and everything about when she died. But I can tell you her name was Elise Laura Davies. If no one has answered the question about the rest when the region two dvds are out I will come back and post it here for you.

Hope the name is some help for you.

Sir Fireboard - thanks for the review you sent through for The Other Side. Will be updating Legacy next and then that one. I was holding off on that one after someone told me that we find out how he gets his info in the second series. Then I was trying to figure out if it would be possible to rewrite it to make it season two compliant. Unfortunately not as you probably know if you have seen the second series episodes. So it is going to be entirely inaccurate but updated soon.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisaB
Sir Fireboard - thanks for the review you sent through for The Other Side. Will be updating Legacy next and then that one.
You're welcome I look forward to reading your updates, and I can't wait until you start on 'Family Ties', that looks interesting.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I can't remember if we have seen the headstone or not with the date and everything about when she died. But I can tell you her name was Elise Laura Davies. If no one has answered the question about the rest when the region two dvds are out I will come back and post it here for you.
Thanks! I appreciate it.

I've posted up a tiny snippet of my fic here. This is the first in a long time that I've actually been excited about a fic I'm writing, so it's very fun at the moment. It won't make much sense if you haven't seen season 2, though.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I look forward to reading your updates, and I can't wait until you start on 'Family Ties', that looks interesting.
Well despite it being at the bottom of the list it is not likely to be the last one that I do so you shouldn't have to wait too long. Some of the stories stand entirely on their own whilst others follow on in background story. A lot of the unwritten ones will be standing alone so several of them will probably be running at the same time. And the first two of the stories which will need to be done before Family Ties are largely written already. I just can't post them until after I finish The Cruise which they follow on from.

Silversun - posted on your other thread about your story. I have seen Season Two so it made good sense.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well despite it being at the bottom of the list it is not likely to be the last one that I do so you shouldn't have to wait too long. Some of the stories stand entirely on their own whilst others follow on in background story. A lot of the unwritten ones will be standing alone so several of them will probably be running at the same time. And the first two of the stories which will need to be done before Family Ties are largely written already. I just can't post them until after I finish The Cruise which they follow on from.
Yay! I'm so glad I have your stuff to read since there's no more show to watch
Old 03-16-2005, 02:36 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, LouisaB, I'm really impressed at the amount of good-quality fics you managed to churn out in a relatively short time, and also your plans for upcoming fics! I haven't had time to sit down and read a lot of them properly, but what I've read I've really enjoyed. Feel free to call me Nicky.

Another daft question but just one I need to make sure of. What city is TC set in?

Old 03-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

I believe it is set in New York. I think that is the general consensus. I keep mine vague since I don't know New York and it's not like the actual show has anything concrete to show that it is. No sweeping shots of Lady Liberty for example.

I'm glad you both like the stories I have done so far. A lot of the stuff I wrote over Christmas as you may have noticed from the publication dates. Then I spent a large portion of February off work with a sprained ankle so had plenty of time for thinking up more plot ideas. Then was typing them like mad once I was sorted enough to sit at the computer again.

Also it helps that I have no life
Old 03-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Pah! Who needs a life when you've got fan fiction!

I posted another excerpt of my WIP. I'm a wench for stringing people along, I know; it's just so exciting to be writing some other fic for once.

Old 03-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversun
Another daft question but just one I need to make sure of. What city is TC set in?
I read in this review that it's set in Boston:
Quote:
I do have to take points off for the size of Tru's cavernous Boston apartment, though. (The show was shot in Vancouver, but I've never been to Boston, so it worked for me).
I assume that means it's set there...
Old 03-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

According to the IMDb it was also shot (at least at some point) in Boston as well so it could have been referring to that.

I will try and dig out the New York reference if I can. I can't remember where it was I read it so I can't recall how reliable it was.