Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Before I started watching Tru Calling I voted for American Dreams, but then I went back later, and voted for TC
Old 03-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Veronica Mars won the poll, it got 500,000 votes, none of the other shows even managed to get 10% of the votes
Old 03-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

I knew VM would kick everyone else's ass. I don't watch it or anything, but judging from the amount of people who proclaim it 'the best show nobody's watching' on boards I go to, I'm not even remotely surprised.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

absolutely, NO idea wat VM is about....nor do i care to, i have enuff shows to watch as it is!

...the name dont even sound that appealing either...doesnt pull me in to want to watch sumhow

ah well ....Vacation in 11 days

G x
Old 03-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

I still get the voting page when I got there. Though I saw from someone's post elsewhere about the weekly chat that she had confirmed that Tru was one of the three shows that hadn't won.

The only other show on the list that I watch was Charmed and at least that had a good long run and it isn't finally axed yet anyway so it could still be coming back for another year.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0fear88
absolutely, NO idea wat VM is about....nor do i care to, i have enuff shows to watch as it is!

...the name dont even sound that appealing either...doesnt pull me in to want to watch sumhow

ah well ....Vacation in 11 days

G x

www.upn.com/shows/veronica_mars/index.php

i think thats the official site. don't be put off by the title, i almost was when i first heard about it.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:04 AM
New Fan

I still can't believe they decided to cancel such a great show. I guess I will have to be happy with Season 1 being out on dvd. I can watch it over & over.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome suicidaldreamz34

Yes I guess we should be gratefull that they at least gave us season one on DVD. *cough*unlikeanyofmyothershowstheycanceled*cough*
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-21-2005, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not that I enjoy taking pleasure in other people's misery...okay, yes I do. I happened to stumble across the Point Pleasant thread on the TV board, and they're all ranting and raving at FOX because it looks like their precious show isn't coming back next season. (dismal ratings DUH...) HA! Serves them right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~
Yes I guess we should be gratefull that they at least gave us season one on DVD. *cough*unlikeanyofmyothershowstheycanceled*cough*
Well remember that it was Fox the production company responsible for the DVDs, not FOX the network. It was in the production company's interest to boost the show regardless of what the network did. Besides the DVD project was so far along by the time FOX started thinking about axing the show that it was way too late to pull it anyway.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

I know it won't bring TC back, but yes, it does warm the cold and evil cockles of my heart to see PP tanking. I just wish Fox would see their mistake and bring our show back. They do it so much; cancel one show, replace it with another, and then that one goes belly up, and they're left with nothing. Why can't they just give something a chance, especially considering TC was doing everything they wanted (and for once the network interference actually worked, unlike what happens with so many other shows *coughAliascough*).

Please don't tell me Fox wonder why they're the joke of the big 4 when they pull crap like this every damn year
Old 03-21-2005, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, it's conceivable that FOX might bring Tru Calling back... They'll probably run the last six episodes over the summer, and if they got good enough ratings, it might be enough to convince them to get it back into production in time for the usual post-World Series start. That's a longshot, but it could happen...
Old 03-21-2005, 06:02 AM
Master Fan

I thought the actors had all been released from their contracts and the sets had been torn down? Plus JP has gotten a role somewhere else as well. It seems pretty dead, barring some astounding miracle Plus Fox are so stupid for cancelling it in the first place, there'd be no chance that even if S2 did rate well, that they'd actually have the brains to bring it back
Old 03-21-2005, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

It's not completely unheard of but chances are it won't happen. I mean there bringing back Family Guy after cancelation, but that took 3 years, so if it were to happen, which I seriously doubt cause FOX sucks, it probably wouldn't happen as quickly as your thinking. And a big reason for FG's return is DVD sales, does anyone how Tru is doing with sales?
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 03-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

It seems like shows that deal with the supernatural aren't lasting now, BtVS is over,Angel over, TC over, Charmed falling in ratings, PP falling in ratings...I think Lost would be the only exception, unless i'm missing 1 or 2
Old 03-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria
It's not completely unheard of but chances are it won't happen. I mean there bringing back Family Guy after cancelation, but that took 3 years, so if it were to happen, which I seriously doubt cause FOX sucks, it probably wouldn't happen as quickly as your thinking. And a big reason for FG's return is DVD sales, does anyone how Tru is doing with sales?
FG only came back because the DVD's sales outsold the likes of Friends, and I would think it would be easier to bring back a cartoon, because the voice people only need to be there for a short while if they had other projects as opposed to live action stars needing to be there the whole time.

I just wish we could get some closure. I hate having all the threads they created just flapping around in the breeze, especially as most of them were really interesting. I don't care if it's books, comics or hell, even finger puppets, I just want to know what they had in store for the rest of the season.