Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-12-2005, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

"Putting Out Fires" Discussion [Originally Aired November 6, 2003]

Finally bothering to start another episode discussion. I'm so lazy.

From TvTome:

Quote:
When the corpse of a handsome young man asks for Tru's help, she quickly learns he's a determined firefighter killed trying to save two children trapped in an apartment building fire. As Tru tries to change the man's fate, the day gets even more complicated when she develops feelings for him.
From TruCalling Fansite:

Quote:
In the series premiere episode of TRU CALLING, "Pilot," we meet Tru Davies, who suddenly discovers she can save lives. She is a smart and sexy recent college graduate who lands a job on the midnight shift at the city morgue. On her first night, Tru questions reality when she hears a beautiful murder victim asking for her help. But the next morning, Tru wakes up to find that she is back at the beginning of that very same day – twelve hours before the woman's death that only Tru knows about.

Tru tries to prevent a firefighter's death on 'TRU CALLING' November 6 on Fox.

When the corpse of a handsome young man asks for Tru's help, she quickly learns he's a determined firefighter killed trying to save two children trapped in an apartment building fire. As Tru tries to change the man's fate, the day gets even more complicated when she develops feelings for him in the episode "Putting Out Fires" Thursday, Nov. 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TRU-102) (TV-PG)

Cast: Eliza Dushku as Tru Davies, Shawn Reaves as Harrison Davies, Jessica Collins as Meredith Davies, A.J. Cook as Lindsay, Zach Galifianakis as Davis, Benjamin Benitez as Gardez.

Guest Cast: Michael Trucco as Nick, Halie Zastre as Samantha, Reece Thompson as Kevin, Kristopher Polaha as Mark Evans, Jillian Fargey as Diane, Reg Tupper as Neil Ford.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 01-13-2005, 01:47 AM
Elite Fan

I think this is one of the few episodes (only, perhaps?) I actually cried.

Because I'm such a wimp.

But the end was so sad!
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 01-13-2005, 02:20 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't cry. But mainly I was bummed out that she was willing to wait for so long for Nick, who she only knew a day, and she didn't seem to care the same for Luc
Old 01-15-2005, 05:18 AM
Elite Fan

I wimpered. Because I'm lame. Cause after the fact I wanted to know how the hell she could care that much for only knowing the guy like a few hours.

But now onto the plot... how the hell did he save the girl? Huh? How? This is one of those things the writers annoy me with... if the grown mans lungs couldn't take the smoke how the hell did the little girl?

I enjoyed seeing seeing Tru dump her professor boyfriend there. He was annoying.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 01-21-2005, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

That ending was a killer. I think the difference between Nick and Luc is that when Nick died, the whole re-living days thing was brand new to Tru. By the time Luc was killed, she'd come to realize that she couldn't save everyone. Besides, they had to set up that confrontation between Tru and Jack.