Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

"Pilot" Discussion [Originally aired October 30th, 2003]

Since we now have the DVD out, I figured it'd be a good time to revive or re-discuss the epsiodes.

From TVTome:

Quote:
The scene starts with Tru in her bed. Mark comes out and congratulates her on being an ethics violation the day before and now being a faculty girlfriend; he wants them to go public. Tru isn't sure they should. We learn that Mark was once married to the University's Dean. Tru gets a phone call from her brother who's been gambling and is in need of money. Tru won't help him. Mark offers Tru to move in with him and she agrees. Tru arrives at the hospital for her intership and learns she they won't take her.
From Tru Calling Fansite:

Quote:
In the series premiere episode of TRU CALLING, "Pilot," we meet Tru Davies, who suddenly discovers she can save lives. She is a smart and sexy recent college graduate who lands a job on the midnight shift at the city morgue. On her first night, Tru questions reality when she hears a beautiful murder victim asking for her help. But the next morning, Tru wakes up to find that she is back at the beginning of that very same day – twelve hours before the woman's death that only Tru knows about.

TRU CALLING will put a stylish new spin on the procedural crime format as Tru uses her newfound ability to go back in time so she can try to stop tragedies before they actually happen, while at the same time rescuing members of her own family from their dangerous and self-destructive lives. TRU CALLING makes its series premiere Thursday, Oct. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TRU-101) (TV-PG V)

Cast: Eliza Dushku as Tru Davies, Shawn Reaves as Harrison Davies, Jessica Collins as Meredith Davies, A.J. Cook as Lindsay, Zach Galifianakis as Davis.

Guest Cast: Hudson Leick as Rebecca Morgan, Heath Freeman as Cameron, Kavan Smith as Mark Evans, Callum Keith Rennie as Elliot Winters, Vincent Laresca as Marco, Woody Jeffreys as Gary, John Haymes Newton as Aaron McCann, Ingrid Tesch as Carol Winters, Robert Wisden as Dr. Green.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 12-10-2004, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I actually didn't care for the pilot to much. If I had watched it on it's own and bot been an Eliza fan from Buffy then chances are I wouldn't have tuned in for the second episode...luckily I did though because from the second eppy on IMO in just kept getting better and better.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 12-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

In all honesty, the only thing I really remember about the episode was Eliza (ahem: Tru) running late to her graduation in that red top.
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 12-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

I just saw this one yesturday

Yeah, the Tru running in the red tank top at the begining was a bit...woah.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

God we're all perves. That red top was like the selling point of the show.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 12-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Total Fan

I liked the pilot. I agree that some of the later episodes were better, but I loved Tru's case in this one! I especially enjoyed Hudson Leick's performance since I'm a fan of hers (she rocked as Callisto in Xena!)
Old 01-12-2005, 04:12 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, you'd think the first thing we'd think of about the pilot wouldn't be that two-second scene with Tru running...