Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

FOX Temporarily Resurrects 'Tru Calling'

FOX Temporarily Resurrects 'Tru Calling'
(Tuesday, March 22 02:46 PM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) When FOX Entertainment President Gail Berman insisted to TV critics back in January that the remaining episodes of "Tru Calling" would air at some point, many a reporter chuckled. Well, Berman may be departing FOX for a creative gig at Paramount, but she's true to her word. The much maligned and already effectively cancelled "Calling" will return on Thursday, March 31, replacing the equally maligned and equally effectively cancelled "Point Pleasant."

Originally scheduled to air at 9 p.m. ET on Thursdays after "The O.C." this fall, "Tru Calling" was yanked first for "North Shore" and then for "Point Pleasant" this winter.

"What changed for us was when we saw 'Point Pleasant" we really felt we had a show that was incredibly compatible with 'The O.C.," so our thoughts changed, not so much about 'Tru Calling,' but about the possibility of not only having an exciting show and a winner at 8 o'clock, but also something that could really make headway for us at 9 o'clock," Berman said in January by way of explanation.
It turns out that that experiment was a failure. Despite getting a reasonably large sample for its post-"American Idol" sneak preview, "Point Pleasant" averaged all of 4.09 million viewers per episode, shedding nearly half of the audience from its more successful lead-in, "The O.C." Those numbers were right in line with the viewership for "North Shore" in the same time period.

Last season, "Tru Calling" averaged 4.55 million viewers.

The drama, which stars Eliza Dushku as a young woman who can relieve days whenever a corpse asks her to, will begin its six-episode final run with a two-hour premiere on March 31. It will take its planned 9 p.m. slot the following week.

"Point Pleasant" remains tentatively scheduled to air this Thursday before vanishing for the foreseeable future.

I'm so excited

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 03-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

I'm so glad the people who haven't downloaded it will get the chance to see them

Hopefully the ratings will be good and stupid Fox can see what they missed out on Also, if they're good enough, maybe we could get some books or something to finish the show and tie up the loose ends

Another article about it.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

It's absolutely awesome that they will show the last few episodes!

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 03-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Incredibly happy that TC will air. Incredibly depressed about Point Pleasant. Ah, there's the rub
Old 03-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh.My.Gosh! This is wonderful news!! Squeeee!! I haven't been able to download any of the episodes so this is really fantastic.

I wonder if TC gets amazing ratings if FOX would consider bringing it back? (stanger things have happened)
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-23-2005, 12:46 AM
Elite Fan

I hope it'll get great ratings and they'll talk about bringing it back! Six episodes ain't enough.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

You gotta love the irony, don't ya?
Old 03-23-2005, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch
I hope it'll get great ratings and they'll talk about bringing it back!
I hope that too!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Awesomeness! Granted I already downloaded all six episodes, though haven't watched three of them yet this is awesome.

And ha to PP
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 03-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Total Fan

Woooo I've already seen them, but I'm still excited for this
Old 03-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

You guys HAVE to watch them,even if you've already seen 'em,lol.We need BIG ratings.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpySyd
You guys HAVE to watch them,even if you've already seen 'em,lol.We need BIG ratings.
Yeah I agree
Old 03-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

finally!

and what ratings does The OC have?..i thought I heard around 8 to 10million, but I thought it must be higher because of the way the show is hyped
Old 03-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Tru Calling was Cancelled

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but Tru Calling will never come back. It was cancelled last year. Everyone involved in the production was released from their contracts and have gone on to other projects. Fox is just burning off the six episodes that were already in the can since both the replacements for the show North Shore and Point Pleasant haven't done any better or worse in the ratings. Since it's the middle of pilot season, Fox has alot of other projects in development for next year.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

Personally, I'm just glad that US fans will get a chance to see the six season 2 episodes. They are pretty much non-stop excitement and (I think) some of the best episodes from the whole series.

fics | vids | stupid little life