Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Oh yes, I did like Tru and Davis last season. Tru and Avery is good this season!
I made my icon.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

The episode was good but I didnt like how Jack seemed to be in control of everything.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

I loved that Jack was in control! He's so clever. I really think he deserved to win this time round. So many decoys, so many plans. He's a master. *bows down to Jack's evilness*

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 04-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Loyal Fan

I set my VCR time wrong and ended up taping the OC instead (no offense) I managed to catch the last half hour, including Jack's whole "this is even hotter than a chick fight" thing, lol. It looks so good and I missed the first half garrrgh! Of course I've already looked at the entire episode screencapped but... that's so not the same as watching. Need. Episodes.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Supreme Fan

Excellent episode. Jack won He outsmarted Tru this time. Poor Davis! I didn't see that one coming. The only complaint I have is Harrison going back to betting. He wasn't there for Tru when she needed him. At least he threw the parties and made funny comments.
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
Old 04-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversun
I loved that Jack was in control! He's so clever. I really think he deserved to win this time round. So many decoys, so many plans. He's a master. *bows down to Jack's evilness*
ITA! Great episode. Jack definetly had major control over the entire day.

kenny | credit
Old 04-16-2005, 04:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The only complaint I have is Harrison going back to betting. He wasn't there for Tru when she needed him.
Actually I thought that was more realistic and had no problem with it. Harrison has a gambling problem and it isn't going to disappear overnight. If he had not gone and made the bet then it would be very unrealistic since it would indicate that he had managed to overcome his problem in a very short period of time.

For any gambler to be handed the names of the winners like that would be a massive temptation and for someone who has only been "on the wagon" so to speak for a short length of time, it would be even more so.

Though I must admit to being disappointed in him for ignoring Tru's call when he was in the bookies, especially since he knew it was a rewind day, and therefore likely to be important. To me, I feel that was his first real betrayal of Tru and one thing that may mean that Richard could indeed get Harrison on his side, perhaps not intentionally on Harrison's part but through Richard's manipulation of him.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

Wow, I didn't think about it that way Louisa, but you're definitely right. Harrison had so much potential of swaying toward Richard in later episodes, and it may well have begun with that one single careless act. A very astute observation.

I didn't pay that much attention to season 1, so I don't know how big a gambling problem Harrison really has. Was it very prominent in season 1?

Old 04-16-2005, 06:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

It's a while since I saw the first season but from what I can recall it was bad enough to land him in hospital and he was at the card tables and in the bookies on various occasions throughout the series.

I think that his reaction in this episode to Jack when he first offers him the names of the horses is pretty telling. He makes it clear that he has not made a bet in months. Casual gamblers don't really keep a track of how long it has been since they last placed a bet...Harrison did. And in my opinion he sounded pretty defensive about it when Jack brought it up, again someone who doesn't have a problem I would think would have reacted differently. Rather than saying that he had not made a bet in months I would have thought someone without a problem would be more likely to say something on the lines of not caring if Jack is giving him the winners or even thanking him sarcastically right from the start, instead Harrison got instantly defensive about when he had last made a bet.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

Ah, another astute observation. I love how much attention you pay to dialogue and the things you infer from them, it's really neat. Hmm... now I feel uncertain about my fic and the way Tru told Harrison to place a bet. Oh well, it's done now. *shrug*

Old 04-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think that was fine in your fic. Tru isn't above using every advantage she can get to try and save people. I think that knowing what was at stake in your fic she would not have hesitated to get Harrison placing a bet. When it comes to that or losing loved ones then she would make that choice. Back in series one she didn't stop Harrison gambling so much as gave him the card he would need that day and she certainly sent him to the poker table in Two Pair.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:46 AM
Elite Fan

I saw this episode when I didn't even know Israel brought the second season. So I missed the first two episodes Got Avery/Harrison vibes and also Jensen/Tru, which I'm not really liking.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

england didnt get s2 so i was wondering if nayone would be able to let me know what happened in s2?
Old 06-26-2005, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryangreenbergfan
england didnt get s2 so i was wondering if nayone would be able to let me know what happened in s2?
You should try this site. It has a season two review section with wonderful recaps of all the episodes.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 06-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

England gets season two on DVD with the series one collection. It should be in the shops tomorrow so you might want to hold of being spoiled with the recaps if you are planning on buying the DVDs.