Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2004, 12:17 AM
Total Fan

The Romantics (NH) #196: Because they will love eachother, always and forever!

He was the most popular boy in school. She was an outsider who had no desire to be a part of his world. When their paths crossed it was the last thing either one of them expected and the best thing that ever happened to both. She sees the good buried deep inside him and he can't force himself to not care about her.

We are The Romantics, the community dedicated to the unexpected romance that blossomed between Nathan Scott and Haley James on the new WB hit "One Tree Hill."

_Once upon a time..._

_So pretty together..._

_The Obligatory Lists_

_Nathan/Haley links_

Unexpected-Info, multimedia, fanstuff, more!
Electrifying-Fanfic collective
Nathan And Haley Fans-Livejournal Community
Nothing Else Matters-Fan clique
Simple-Fanfic archive
The Romantics Garden-Images, quotes, articles, more!
Perfect-The Nathan Scott fanlisting
Tutor-Girl-The Haley James fanlisting

Fanart of the Moment

Made by the talented Rachel!

Poem of the Moment

Keeper Of My Dreams - Denise Mangano

When you're not here to share my days and nights
My life is so incomplete
For you are my heart, my soul
The ‘oneness’ I had known to seek

Without you I merely exist from day to day
With you I know that I will find
All that I have been searching for
My completeness, my eternal peace of mind

You are the keeper of my dreams
The man who holds my heart in his hands
The one I want to spend my life with
The one with whom I will always stand

Stand beside through thick and thin
Through all that life will throw our way
Knowing that this special love we share
Will guide us, each and every day

This journey was started long ago
Before this time and place
The journey of completeness
As two hearts and souls embrace

Forever is what I want with you
For the search is at an end
Our hearts have found each other
As lovers, as soul-mates, as friends.

Thanks Shannon!

I Will Love You Forever - Amanda Nicole Martinez

I love you so deeply, I love you so much

I love the sound of your voice, and the way that we touch.

I love your warm smile and your kind, thoughtful way

The joy that you bring, to my life every day.

I love you today, as I have from the start

And I'll love you forever, with all of my heart.

Thanks Allison for the caps! Thanks Shannon for the love poem!
Old 09-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Lucyyyy awesome thread start! im studying.. kinda.. i cant keep away from the thread! lol LOVE the title!

ETA: Im an EXTREME fan! YAY!

Izzie/Alex :: Logan/Veronica :: Jim/Pam :: Nathan/Haley

Old 09-23-2004, 12:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yay new thread, great job Lucy! So many beautiful caps! *sigh* I can't do any HW thinking about NH...but I could always do it tomorrowww =)

-Rachel-
Nathan & Haley || What makes the one to shake you down?
Old 09-23-2004, 12:23 AM
Loyal Fan

woo-hooo!!!! new thread........ we're almost at 200 too!!!! Great start LUCY!!!

oh yeah, check out my new signature haha
Is it your name?
icon by antedka
Old 09-23-2004, 12:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Lucy I what you have done with the thread girl. It is so superb!! They are too beautiful.

Lovely fanart by Rachel!

Here's my question for everyone if y'all wanna answer it:

Since there's probably going to be a party of some sort for NH next episode (basing on the previews) would you like to see NH dance? And if so, what slow song, or song of choice would you like them to dance to?
Old 09-23-2004, 12:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

awesome start!!
Pam: What are you doing? What do you expect me to say to that?
Jim: I just needed you to know... once
Old 09-23-2004, 12:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread, sweet Lucy. Here comes my mega-post; duck for cover.

Well, ‘tis true, there are no words, but I will try, trying not to repeat much of what’s already been said:

NH morning after:
OK... when the camera pans up the bed and the first thing I saw was the nipple ring, Lord have mercy; I knew I would be a MESS before it was all over:
1. Amy turns mint green with envy: H kisses N’s ringed hand!;
2. Amy turns lime green with envy: N rolls on top of H to answer his phone and H buries her head in his bare chest;
3. Amy turns emerald green with envy: N spoons himself around H.

N’s proposal:
The N rolling on top of H kiss was the steamiest thing I’ve seen in a loong time. And when the kiss breaks, his breath gets all caught in his throat. THEN he whispers, “I could love you forever...” Ahhhhhh...!!!&^$@%! Well, I rolled off my bed and underneath it, squealing. I kid you not.
Given the lousy, choppy editing after “Marry me” and now seeing the hottness of the scene in its entirety, I am still sticking by my theory that BJL could not help but forget her lines and blurt out “Yes!” to the incredibly beautiful, shirtless B. James. They then had to reshoot the scene and go to the shot from H’s POV.
“I don’t ever want to be normal, not with you.” Aha, now I understand why I’m not married yet... My ideal husband is a fictional high school basketball player in a fictional town in North Carolina and is fictionally spoken for.

NH asking permission from the Jameses: OK, since I’m of course the one who would notice this instantly: IK James does a lot of hand-wringing in general, but HE WAS SQUEEZING THE RING FINGER OF HIS LEFT HAND when N asks H’s parents if he could marry their daughter. !!!!! Whether or not it was deliberate or accidental, I am in love with this moment.

NH final scene: How perfectly written was that; to begin with H freaking out over alphabetizing CDs (the perfect spark for her character) all the way to N’s constant repetition of the word “always.”

Opening credits: well, I had higher hopes (i.e. a NH kiss), but I’ll take the NH happy wedding reception clip. At least we got rid of NP ickiness.

Faux-funeral: man, I was totally crying tears... of LAUGHTER at Keith in his shades and Dan with his tan.

Lydia and Jimmy: Loved em. Now we know where H gets her rambling funny banter from; her mom genetically passed it on. Clapped when Jimmy called N “Nate.” Although the name Jimmy James still bugs me, I’ll let it slide, cos I’ve always loved Huey. And his News. Seriously, this casting is like a tribute to my renegade teenage past, and I simply adore it. (The SMs know what I mean.)

Keith: I pegged Keith as a dweeb at the end of last season, but his “Felicity” and “Stay/Go” recap were by far two of the best lines of the epi.

Deb: yeah she was a bitca in this ep, but I’m not going to go into full-out hate mode yet. She’s obviously transferring the tremendous amount of guilt she has about Dan to NH. After all, she’s miserable and they’re blissful.
... and as an aside, I just about died at Karen’s line to Deb, failing horribly and cluelessly in trying to console her: “Keith is good in a crisis.”

Dan: Loving the doctor’s diagnosis of Dan’s “genetic mutation” of a heart with its “thickening” walls. VERY symbolic.

Brothers: Digging the parallel universes of Lucas waking up to Nathan last season vs. Dan waking up to Keith in the premiere. I really hope they explore the N/L vs. D/K dynamic more this season. There’s TONS of great material there.

Jake: I hope these shout-outs are indeed hints of his return. God, that sketch and those lyrics made me mourn the loss all over again...

Random:
I guess the OTH hairstylist could only work P/T this week; all the girls had wet hair for half that epi.
In fact, I guess James's wardrobe mistress could only work P/T too. LOL.
Hey; Dan got the same hospital room as Lucas did; what a coinkidink....
Lucas has really girly handwriting.
I’m happy to see N’s plaid boxers are back.

Can’t wait for next week; we get Mouth and Fergie again, and our girl Haley tells her mother-in-law where she can go!
Amy 3 ~ Baller Girl #4 ~ Rock the legal cradle of love

Hallelujah Baby, until you are nothing. * Hallelujah Baby, until she is everywhere. * Hallelujah, till together you are somewhere... at last * Hallelujah, hallelujah.

you my love are allowed to have time ~ you my love are allowed to understand ~ you my love are allowed to love ~ woman disobey, little man believe ~ you my love are a rebellion.

Last edited by Hott&Twisted; 09-23-2004 at 12:33 AM
Old 09-23-2004, 12:26 AM
Absolute Fan

Lucy, beautiful start!

Rachel, I'm in love with your art. I love his vows.

I can't keep away from this thread either. But I have to do my homework on the computer. And clips are just a double-click away. I have no willpower when it comes to NH.

Should we change "Haley James" to "Haley Scott" in the intro? I loved when Karen said "Come on in Mrs. Scott" and Haley got all glowy.

Last edited by dare.you.to.move; 09-23-2004 at 12:34 AM
Old 09-23-2004, 12:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JakesBabyGurl
Since there's probably going to be a party of some sort for NH next episode (basing on the previews) would you like to see NH dance? And if so, what slow song, or song of choice would you like them to dance to?
YES! They defintely gotta danceeee! I'm waiting for that to happen! The song I would choose is Feels like home by Chantal Kreviazuk. It's a favourite song of mine and it really suits NH in my opinion!

-Rachel-
Nathan & Haley || What makes the one to shake you down?
Old 09-23-2004, 12:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hott&Twisted

Random:
I guess the OTH hairstylist could only work P/T this week; all the girls had wet hair for half that epi.
Hey; Dan got the same hospital room as Lucas did; what a coinkidink....
Lucas has really girly handwriting.
I’m happy to see N’s plaid boxers are back.
[/B]

The return of Nathan's plaid boxers was so good. I just hope they continue to make that a returning theme.

For the Opening credit thing, I almost rather them keep last years one minus the NP kiss.

Ally

-Drugs Never Sounded So Sweet
Old 09-23-2004, 12:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JakesBabyGurl
Lucy I what you have done with the thread girl. It is so superb!! They are too beautiful.

Lovely fanart by Rachel!

Here's my question for everyone if y'all wanna answer it:

ita lucy AWESOME JOB AS ALWAYS yes hun u get caps lock!

ceeeeeeeeeeeeeceeeeeeeeeeeeee i hadnt even thought about how they might dance at the parrttttyyy! *squeel* ...oh no cant pick a song..watever is fine as long as it happens and since OTH gets me hooked on great new music i almost hope its something i dont kno

im already hooked on "lie in the sound"

Old 09-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for sharing Amy. I particularly enjoyed the Dan/Genetic mutation analogy.

ITA Ally, about the credits. The new ones didn't move me.

Lucy, thanks for the new thread.

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Old 09-23-2004, 12:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Good Evening N/H's

Pretty thread Lucy

Becca/Bekah

I’m enjoying everyone’s thoughts and opinions and like everyone I loved last night episode. Special recognition to Denise3/Denise1 your commentaries and site rock! great comments Becca, I totally missed Dr. I’m Timmy’s father (My mind was whether it was him or his twin brother who played Pam Doberson’s love interest in My Sister Kate), Whitney ’s post was very insightful as was Finn21's and Mara’s.

I'll try not to be too repetitive. Okay N/H first.

Keeping it simple…

The Proposal

First of all , there was no diamond and I didn’t see roses nor the wine and nobody got down on their knees and that’s why it was perfect. In keeping with the N/H style it was ultimately all about them and their feelings.

“I don’t want to be normal with you, Haley” Whether is was intentional or purely by coincidence on Mark Schwahn’s part that simple line has a history that goes all the way back to Crash Into You. It took me to Nathan’s speech …“My mom is going to cool down and everything will be back to normal” and Peyton’s response “Okay trust me, the last thing I want for us is normal, in case you haven’t noticed normal sucks with us”

For me Nathan’s delivery of that simple line was all about his past views regarding love and how normalcy equals angst, dysfunction and hurting the one you love or thought you loved: Dan, Deb and Peyton. Who could blame him considering how his parents have expressed their love through out their years of marriage: abandonment, infidelity, fights, revenge. That was his model for sixteen years and if he acted a certain way with Peyton it was partly b/c for for him at least, that was normal behavior in a relationship. With Haley it’s all about rejecting normalcy and vowing never to be that again. I think that’s my favorite line from last night’s episode, even more than “I could love you forever” b/c it’s speaks of a conscious commitment on his part *sigh* and b/c it made the proposal much more meaningful without the long words or speech (I even forgive Mark for the lack of red sheets b/c that line was in my opinion… continuity).

He is still Nathan, and she’s still Haley…with a twist

“Marry me” “I can see you caving on that one already” “I don’t ever want to hide we’re married” Yep, Nathan hasn’t changed a lot, he’s still the impulsive, cocky bast**d, whose honesty is reserved for Haley.

“You’re embarrassing me” “Normal couple don’t get married in high school” “Maybe we should wait before telling anyone we’re married” Haley’s still that reserved, cautious, logical and considerate of other people’s feeling (even if they’re Dan’s feelings) whose gentleness was one of the qualities that attracted Nathan.

“Nobody thinks this is going to work” “I do” Talk about differences right there; Haley caring with what other people think and Nathan…well he’s still not giving a damn about other people’s opinions. But at the same time they’re changing what with the growing up, maturing, and thank God, starting communicate a little more with each other. You saw it when Nathan asked for Pa’ and Ma’ James permission, his apparent respect for them and how unwilling he was to let Haley be when she was “freaking out”. Haley’s changes are subtle; she’s more comfortable with herself and not so afraid to take risks and she's starting to lean on him a little bit more.

It’s all about forever

I fell in love with Nathan’s wedding vows but it’s the more traditional vows that were poignant since half of couples don’t commit to them. They way you saw the rest of the character’s through Haley’s part of her vows was significant b/c most of them (with the exception of Whitey) have broken their vows to one another and to themselves and since Mark and Co. spent the better half of last season showing us how different N/H are to the more traditional tv couple and specifically to the rest of the couples in Tree Hill…I’m thinking the N/H’s vows are Mark’s little message they will pull through (that’s the other C right there: consistency)

“I didn’t see this coming” I hear ya’ Jimmy that was me last May but here I am not so against their marriage *baby steps* (thank you Becca) and waiting to see what’s next. Why you ask? I mean with words like “I could love you forever” “You’re my family, the one true thing I have” and of course “I will always protect you…I will always be there for you” This is me not worrying about N/H (Oh what the hell, I even forgive Mark for messing with the timeline).

Previews…Deb vs Haley: Let’s get it on!... Any bets?

Last edited by FKATF; 09-23-2004 at 01:27 AM
Old 09-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread Lucy! Loved the pictures!

FKATF I so much enjoyed reading your thoughts. Such an insightful post!

~Mara~
Old 09-23-2004, 12:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for sharing FKATF. I really enjoyed your post and didn't find it repetitive. Believe me I've read them all.

I really like your Nathan/Haley analysis. Hits the nail on the head. And I enjoyed your "normal" analysis. Didn't catch that at all the first time I watched but it makes total sense.

For the record, I still think a marriage for a 16 year old couple is dumb but this isn't real life. I'm enjoying what Mark is doing but I would have reacted just like Karen.

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Closed Thread   Post New Thread