Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

The Romantics (NH) #191: Because we're antsy and itching for just one more new promo!

He was the most popular boy in school. She was an outsider who had no desire to be a part of his world. When their paths crossed it was the last thing either one of them expected and the best thing that ever happened to both. She sees the good buried deep inside him and he can't force himself to not care about her.

We are The Romantics, the community dedicated to the unexpected romance that blossomed between Nathan Scott and Haley James on the new WB hit "One Tree Hill."

Once upon a time

So pretty together

NH Thread Rules
1. Only healthy discussion allowed - respect all other posters and their ideas.
2. It's fun to chat with friends, and we all have our groups of friends here, but this is not AIM, this is a message board to talk about our couple. Post about NH here, chat on AIM. It's very hard to read through excessive posting that is off topic. All off topic discussion can be posted here.
3. Post a lot of fanart and videos, please! It's going to be a loooong summer.

The Obligatory Lists

Nathan/Haley links

Unexpected-Info, multimedia, fanstuff, more!
Electrifying-Fanfic collective
Nathan and Haley Fans-Livejournal Community
Nothing Else Matters-Fan clique
Simple-Fanfic archive
The Romantics Garden-Images, quotes, articles, more!
Perfect-The Nathan Scott fanlisting
Tutor-Girl-The Haley James fanlisting

NH in motion

Awesome avatarsRenata!!

Fanart of the Moment

Pretty art by Cheena!

Video of the Moment
Where the Streets Have No Name
Nathan/Haley, Nathan/Lucas, Lucas/Haley
Yes, I like to pimp my own stuff. Hush.

Song of the Moment

Los Lonely Boys - "Nobody Else"

I can't stand to be alone
Cause I go crazy when you're gone
You're the one that makes me whole
I pray you've known this all along
Everything is gonna be alright
I wanna be with you all of my life
I can't wait to be alone
With you baby in my arms
Girl I need you here to hold
You know your love it shines like gold
Baby, every minute of the night
That I'm not with you I don't feel right
Cause I only want to be with you
Baby and nobody else
Yes the only girl I see is you
Baby and nobody else
Solo yo no quiero estar
Sin tu carino y tu amor
No quiero vivir sin ti
En mis brazos te quiero asi
Tu eres la unica mujer
Te quiero en mi vida por tu querer
Yes I only want to be with you
Baby and nobody else
Yes the only girl I see is you
Baby and nobody else

Closed Captioning
provided by...

Yum.

Yummy.

Yummiest.

...Still.

Last edited by cliffieluv; 09-19-2004 at 07:59 PM
Old 09-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Addicted Fan

LMFAO cookies, and david the gnome? What the hell have I missed?

Woowoo, two more days, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
When your heart breaks u’ve gotta fight like hell to make sure you’re still alive…That pain you feel,that’s life,the confusion,the fear,that’s there to remind u that somewhere out there is something better,and that something is worth fighting for
*Romantic BroHo*
Old 09-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

I was watching the end of the movie "Someone Like You" with Ashley Judd and Hugh Jackman (watch it if you haven't) and anyway at the end when they kiss my friend and I were laughing at how horrible the kiss is. Its supposed to be all romantic and instead they have their faces smashed together... and then my friend says to me :

Looks like they need some pointers from Nathan and Haley!!!!

I just about died laughing... I have converted her into relating everything back to Naley, it's great!
Old 09-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

OK...great posts from last thread, revisited.

Topic: When did you think Nathan's involvement with Haley became more than just getting back at Lucas?

Quote:
When did the change happen? I think it dawned on him that it was more about Haley than Lucas in 'Life in a Glass House'. When he looked back at her in their first scene, it was like he was realizing that it was more than just a deal. And then Tim's comment about Lucas, you know that you know he says 'it's a little played out' because a certain tutor of his wouldnt like that. But then there is always when he realized he could talk to her in Episode 5, I forget the name. It was a slow progress, but I think it became less about Lucas and more about Haley in 'Life in a Glass House'.

by M A G G I E
Quote:
When did you think Nathan's involvement with Haley became more than about just getting back at Lucas...when did it become just about being with her? This is really a weird point.. but i think It happened right when they were having dinner, and they were talking on their first date.. and Nathan began to realize how different Haley is from other girls.. like how she felt really bad when she cheated on the test, but it really hit him when Tim and guys came, and Haley pretty much put him on the spot asking if he's ashamed to be seen with her.. and when Haley left.. I think it really hit Nathan hard..like "I cant lose her".

by Farah
Quote:
For me when Nathan seemed to really understand he wanted to be with Haley more than just get back at Lucas was near the end of LIAGH. When he read that note...when he stood at the door trying to get her to open it...he knew she was hurt...and you saw it affect him. That was the first time he really showed some pain and remorse himself...at someone else's pain. He was so flippant with Peyton...but with Haley from day one he was careful...almost gentle...but that moment at the door. His face...I was like...he's falling for her. But the poor thing doesn't even realize it. When she was crying I felt so bad for her because he wasn't happy either...I was practically yelling at the tv...go open the door for him...open it...please! Go away Lucas...no offense, but I wanted Nathan to comfort her then.

by ~Mara~
Topic: Favorite Kiss

Quote:
Favorite kiss has to be the first one. It was so unexpected and sweet and sexy at the same time. I like Haley in that scene b/c she's the type of girl thatuntil then was so careful and in control but decides in a second that she wants *this*. I also loved Nathan expression...there was a mixture of fear, anticipation and happiness.
by FKATF
Old 09-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great title Bekah. And I'm sorry we were talking about stupid stuff. LOL. I forget this is not the BL thread. We get nothing so all we talk about is nonsense.

I know what you mean. I am always related everything to OTH. Everyone tells me constanly to stop it and get a life. So whenever something is romantic I mention my two couples NH and Chad and Sophia. I am not crazy. At least one of them is real. LOL.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Bekah, I just watched your Streets video. So awesome! That song has always been one of my favorites. You're such a professional now. I don't remember giving you any clips, so I was shocked to see my sn at the end of the video. It's always YOU sending ME stuff. Good news, I think I can save videos off Neptune now, so I don't have to bug you to send them to me. I just wanted to let you know that I'm still saving them.

I can't wait to see the new thread. The title's so true.

Favorite kisses:
one...

three...

five!

Favorite funny kiss:

ETA: Mara: I really like your post above. You're so insightful. The NH scenes and LH scene at the end of LIAGH was what drew me in to watch the show.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Bringing this over to from last thread:
OMG just saw a commercial for the WB news at 11:00am and they said James Lafferty is in their studio tommorow to give us the scoop on the new season. I don't know if it is on for everybody though depending on where you live But I'll be at school so I hope I can tape. Two James appearances in one day........ this is two much!

BTW the song 'empty empartment' by Yellowcard that is going to be on the premiere was also on Crash Into You. I knew I had heard that song on OTH before. And I hope the song 'Lie in the sound' is used for the ending montage with N/H just happy at home together maybe cuddled up on the couch. In bed wouldn't hurt either

Great title Bekah
Old 09-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Heather, I'm listening to Lie in the Sound right now. And picturing them in bed. Oh, I so want to see this.

Hmm, I've never seen the WB news in the morning. I'll have to look for it though.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Bekah, love the title, now lets just hope we actually get something.

Okay I'm going to answer Mara's fabulous questions from the other thread.

Top 3 Kisses...

3. The morning make out in HCYBS. I just totally loved how intiment the whole thing was, they we're on a bed, he was hald naked, she was sporting the new tattoo, it was just totally hot. And Nathan in the morning is just so yummy, lustful looks galore. Loved it!

2. Evening make out in WAO, where he said "They can watch". There was just something so sexy and volatile about drugged out horny Nathan, LOL. Up until that point and after that point Nathan has always been so careful and in control with her, really letting her set the speed of their relationship. But that night he just wanted her, and he was too drugged to stop himself. It was hot, and she was totally into too, obviously loving the attention from him.

1. First Kiss. There is just something so special about this kiss, because it was such a gamble for both of them. He took the jump initially, letting her know what he wanted from her went beyond friendship and tutoring, and it gave her the courage to let him know the same thing, by pushing away all of her inhibitions and just jumping him. It was also the first time we got serious touching with NH, and the sexual chemistry between the JL's just exploded.

When was the point that it stopped being about Lucas, and the plan for Nathan?

LIAGH. All throughout this episode the realization was building for Nathan, it was in the little things he did, watching her leave the tutoring center, actually considering her feelings, being happy when she showed up and wanting to spend time with her, telling Tim the Lucas thing was played out. All the signs we're there. But he was scared, he didn't know what it all meant, and then Brooke set Haley off with the lie about the note and Haley walked out on him. But he didn't follow, Nathna had never been the kind of guy to chase a girl, he'd never had to. Sure he and Peyton made up, but all he said was sorry, he didn't make things up to her, he didn't work for it. He didn't expect to do anything with Haley either. But then he picked up that note and he read it and it was there, it hit him. She cared about him, here was a girl who he hadn't really been the best to, he'd used her, been his assy self at times, but she cared about him. She'd taken a risk on him, and she hardly knew him. I think it just touched him, it made him see that he could not just let her walk away, it didn't matter what he had to do, he was going to fight for her. So he went to the cafe that night. And he's continued to fight for them since, she's not someone he's just going to let go, he found everything he wanted in her, and part of his latched onto it that night, and slowly but surely he fell in love with her forever.

Okay done, LOL.

Whitney
Old 09-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Great title start and name Bekah! it! 2 more days!! tomorrow's going to fly by, y'all! We've made it!!

When did you think Nathan's involvement with Haley became more than just getting back at Lucas?
I think Nathan realized that Haley was something different since ENIAS. I remember a scene where Lucas was telling Nathan not to mess with Haley and Nathan said he wasn't going to. I found the transcript, so here it is. Thanks to One-Tree-Hill.net I think even in ENIAS Nathan already had developed some feelings for Haley that went beyond tutoring. Anyways, here's the transcript.

LUCAS: So this Haley thing… you know, for some reason she feels like you’re not full of crap. Don’t take advantage of that.

NATHAN: I’m not going to.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Addicted Fan

When did you think Nathan's involvement with Haley became more than just getting back at Lucas?

Ok on the when did Nate realise he wasn't using Haley, while I generally agree with the concensus at the end of LIAGH, I have to say that I believe the first moment Nathan realised he didn't want to hurt Haley was in CIY when he dropped her home.

She got out of the car, and he sat, staring into space, and he didn't smirk or laugh or anything. He looked like he didn't want to do what he had set his mind to. He didn't want to use and hurt this girl.

That is when I think he realised it would be a lot harder than he thought,but ITA with u guys, I think LIAGH he realised it wasn't about that anymore, and even ENIAS when he was talkin to Lucas, because Lucas knew about Haley tutoring him, his plan was foiled, but he still said.

Lucas : You know for some reason she feels like ur not full of crap, don't take advantage of that

Nathan : Not going to

For some reason Lucas believed him, and I believed him too.

ETA LMFAO at the above post, we put exactly the same thing!!!!
When your heart breaks u’ve gotta fight like hell to make sure you’re still alive…That pain you feel,that’s life,the confusion,the fear,that’s there to remind u that somewhere out there is something better,and that something is worth fighting for
*Romantic BroHo*
Old 09-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

Okay, all done. Phew. Time for EV.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Loyal Fan

You know is funny but by reading these post I realize how important LIAGH is for the N/H 'ship. I've said this some time ago but if I had to choose 5 episodes to show a complete stranger the evolution of the N/H 'ship they would be AYT?, TSFSM, WAO, ISB, and HCYBS. I think it's time to revise my list.

My question is which five episodes best show the N/H 'ship?

Quote:
OMG just saw a commercial for the WB news at 11:00am and they said James Lafferty is in their studio tommorow to give us the scoop on the new season.
Thanks Heather23 for the info, even though I'm going to miss it *goes to cry in the corner*
Old 09-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
ETA LMFAO at the above post, we put exactly the same thing!!!!
I swear, first me and Jolly put the same thing yesterday, so did me and Angiee, now you and Me, Charli. I'm starting to think there's something fishy going on here!

Or it could just be that we're all so terribly "devoted" that we have the same minds!
Old 09-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Passionate Fan

For the favorite kiss question...

Even though I don't know the whole context of this kiss, it's my favorite.

I can just tell I'm going to love the whole scene...

Haley just seems so giddy and happy, and she just totally jumps on him...and you can tell it surprises Nathan at first, but than of course he just gets into it. And I love how he leans in a little if you watch it.

Plus, there is just something about him in that white shirt especially that gets to me.

Those two just seem totally caught up in the rapture of being a newlywed couple.

And when you look at it...they just fit together perfectly, don't they?

Take It Easy -- The Eagles
Closed Thread   Post New Thread