Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Peyton/Haley Unapp.#1- Because Peyton treats Her better than her damn best friend!

Banner by Sandy

Welcome To the first Peyton/Haley Friendship Unappreciation thread!

Rules of the Thread
1. This is a place for Peyton/Haley Unappreciaters to discuss why they don't like the Haley/Peyton friendship, so if you like them, this is the wrong thread for you.
2. Do not bash Hilarie Burton or Bethany Joie lenz or their real life friendship.This Thread is Just for Peyton/Haley.

Anyone who has pics,Videos,quotes or fanart post it, everything welcomed!

Peyton/Haley friendship Unappreciaters

1. starry812
2. distant_soul
3. punkmusicc
4. ~*Katherine_Behr*~
5. miss blue sky
6. ~annie~
7. xxlisaxx
8. Bkrstar
9. CanonsAreWorthless
10. StaringDownTheSun

Reasons..

more to come

Last edited by shiftmyshape; 09-26-2004 at 06:59 PM
Old 09-19-2004, 11:44 PM
Total Fan

ooo Im so glad theres a thread for this!! Add me I hate this friendship!

a little Poll to start off the thread:
Did you ever like this friendship?

If so, when did you start disliking it?

Why do you not like this friendship?

What was the worst thing that completely turned you off this friendship?

Do you like Peyton or Haley?
Old 09-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

*looks in the sky and sees a bright light* "ALLELUIA!!" Thank goodness Sandy for making this thread.Your very brave I love the title and the banner!

Oh and please add me!

always

Old 09-20-2004, 02:02 AM
Banned

Add me, too. I dislike them a lot. I don't like Peyton because of what she did to Brooke. Made me furious. And Haley.. I haven't watched that much episodes to conclude something about her, so I won't say anything just yet. But so far I don't like her.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:31 AM
Loyal Fan

hm, I don't know. I was kind of neutral on them.

at the end of ENiAS when they were all giving each other googly eyed. It was just...stupid, I don't know. It vibed wrong with me.

their chemistry is...off. When I watch Haley and Peyton onscreen, I feel like I'm watching Joie and Hilarie. also, their dynamic isn't one I really enjoy. I can see why some people would like it, but I like Peyton and Brooke's oil-and-water thing better. one of the reasons Peyton and Brooke interest me is because they complement each other's self-destructive sides...Peyton and Haley are too...healthy, lol.

BORING. Also, like the thread title says -- because Peyton treats her better than her damn best friend!

I like both of them, but something about their dynamic and chemistry just turns me off. I don't think they're very interesting to watch, honestly.

hey, PUNK, I AM TOTALLY BLAMING YOU FOR MY NEWFOUND DEGRASSI ADDICTION. I have no one else to blame, really. ::weeps::
Old 09-20-2004, 03:09 AM
Passionate Fan

I was alright with it at the beginning, didn't hate it, didn't love it.

When Peyton became the expert and number one confidant to the N/H relationship.

It doesn't make any sense. Peyton is Nathan's ex and he treated her like crap, and yet she's the number one supporter for his new relationship? She sure got over her baggage real quick. And with how insecure Haley is with the sexual side of her and Nathan, it makes absolutely no sense that she would feel so comfortable confiding in Peyton, who Nathan had pretty much a purely sexual relationship.

It just rubs me the wrong way that they've found this amazing friendship together, but there seems to be no real background foundation for having such confidence in each other.

I guess that my growing dislike for Peyton after the whole BLP thing had a lot to do with it, but their conversations about the NH relationship in both WIAWSNB and TLS really bugged the crap out of me.

Love Haley... Peyton could get run over by a truck and I wouldn't care.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

I thought this thread would fall away.. Ill answer the questions later you guys wanna be added?
Old 09-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

It's about time. Add me!

Not so much. The only time I even sort of did was in ENIAS, but by WAO I couldn't stand them and it's been that way since.

I think I answered this above.

There are too many reasons to name, but I'm going to try.
1. It was forced. MS even said that the Haley/Peyton friendship was formed in an attempt to make Peyton the moral center of the show. You can't force friendships, especially between two people that have next to nothing in common.
2. They have nothing in common besides Nathan and Lucas.
3. The storylines between them were completely unbelievable. (example: HJ + NS on Peyton's wall. I would never in a million years write something to that effect on my wall if it was my best friend since pre-K, much less a girl I had barely spoken to for the past 5-10 years and she was dating my recently ex-boyfriend. It's just not going to happen.)
4. The whole way the cheating thing was handled. Peyton wouldn't do that to Haley? But she'd do it to her best friend since grade school. Give me a break. Haley doesn't blame Peyton, because she knows what it's like to need Lucas? You can have Lucas in your life and NOT make-out with him. Plus, if it had been Nathan that Peyton was tongue dancing with, I'm pretty sure Haley would have had a slightly different reaction. It just doesn't make sense.

The last on my list above. It's like the writer's think we're idiots. Anyone can see that that's not right.

I like Peyton most of the time and Haley when she's not being all dumb and girly about Nathan. I loved her when she was a strong individual and she's slowly become just another girlfriend.

Lisa
Old 09-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

Add me please.

I'll be back later with reasons/poll answers/thread suggestion titles. Nice start!

P.S. Add Aleah (CannonsAreWorthless) too.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Added, I seriously thought there would be like 2 people on this list.. Looking forward to some more art... punk?

p.s- did she say she wanted to be added? I haven't heard from her in a while....
Old 09-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by miss blue sky

hey, PUNK, I AM TOTALLY BLAMING YOU FOR MY NEWFOUND DEGRASSI ADDICTION. I have no one else to blame, really. ::weeps::

Haha.Im evil :burn:

I'll make art Sandy Just need to find the right pictures...

always

Old 09-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Total Fan

Im totally loving this thread..I was getting so sick of their friendship that is basically based on admiration (on Haley's part).
Old 09-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Make sure to add CannonsAreWorthless (Aleah) to the list as well. She's with us in spirit.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:58 AM
Total Fan

Just thought I'd answer my own poll

Did you ever like this friendship? I used to a long time ago.

If so, when did you start disliking it? When the whole peyton treating haley better than brooke thing came up [TWIT].

Why do you not like this friendship? Peyton treats Haley than her "best friend".

What was the worst thing that completely turned you off this friendship? They are way too boring for words.

Do you like Peyton or Haley? I can't stand peyton...and Haley gets on my nerves, but I guess I kinda like her.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:07 AM
Master Fan

Did you ever like this friendship? No. Who the hell chooses their boyfriend's recent ex as their BFF 4evah? And who writes all over their walls the name of their ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend? Yeah, that's a friendship, right there.

If so, when did you start disliking it? When Peyton became involved. Stupid wench.

Why do you not like this friendship? Peyton being in it, for a starters. And because it's so stupid! Besides Lucas and Nathan, what exactly bonds these two together? Peyton's misunderstood art and Haley's misunderstood... hats?

What was the worst thing that completely turned you off this friendship? Peyton. I really, really hate her. Plus, Haley becomes more annoying when she's around Peyton.

Do you like Peyton or Haley? Well, I like Haley more than I like Peyton. But I like head lice more than I like Peyton, so that's really not saying much...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread