Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

Mary, don't apologize! I love long posts!

I actually preferred Brooke alone too. Most of her relationships made me either zzzzz and/or rolling my eyes. However, I admit that if I really have to choose one guy for her, it would be Lucas. Mostly because I'm a JP fan and thanks to CS chemistry, BL weren't all "zzz" to me. I don't really like or care about either Lucas or Brooke that much, and together they're slightly more interesting. But yeah, Brooke always was a better character when she was alone, i actually liked her during the first part of S5.

Quote:
Anyway, I agree with everything you guys said regarding Naley pregnancy. The first half of it really seemed to be well handled and Nathan's reaction was realistic in terms of his age and the fact that him and Haley, being a teen married couple, had a lot of complecations to deal with already and a baby would only make their situation even more complecated than it already was so it was natural and fitting for Nate to be scared. Also, when he finally accepted it and decided to step over his fear to show Haley his love and support it made a way for one of the sweetest Naley moments. However, starting from the Dante SL not only everything went wrong with the pregnancy plot, because it pretty much disappeared from the radar to make away for that pointless Dante twist, but Nathan's character in general showed a great ammount of OOC-ness which was totally unnecessary. All of that time could have been used on exploring the pregnancy SL better.
My thoughts.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Haha, I'm glad my long posts weren't annoying I'll always prefer Brooke single, because I honestly adored her character in those brief periodes when she wasn't romantically involved with anyone and I can't really say the same about my feelings regarding her when she was in a relationship with someone. I guess it's just my personal preference regarding Brooke. I did enjoy some rare BL moments though, but I just generally didn't find them compatible and as for Brullian I could have liked them had both her and Julian not been changed so much and become so OOC.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 08-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

^ I see. I have to say that there was a possibility for me liking BJu too. Before their first official date, I actually liked some of their scenes. Like when Julian was still this bad boy and he searched for Sam, or when he came to Brooke after X attacked her. It was nice.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

^ Exactly! I admit, at that point I was genuinly intrigued by Julian's character and thought he had some sort of appeal, also I really enjoyed that episode and the angst between them and how Julian went to search for Sam without playing a hero and telling Brooke about it. I thought it was really sweet and I even believed for a second that I could end up liking that couple and that maybe that charismatic guy would be a good match for a strong and charismatic woman that Brooke was at that point. Unfortunatelly everything went wrong when BOTH of them ended up being re-written and their characters turned into flat and boring versions of their previous selves and so became their romance. Sigh.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

Julian became Brooke’s hand bag. He existed just to give Brooke a happy ending. Everything was about her...her wants and needs ect. Even the fight they had in S8 about leaving Tree Hill. He always sacrificed for her. He wasn’t his own character anymore. He existed just for her. You could have replaced him with any guy.

I'm not going to touch on Haley's S4 or S8 pregnancy except to say the following. In S4, Haley was congratulated by her peers for being a high school pregnant teenager. That says it all (and no I don't care that everyone knows she was happily married). S8 is not even worth talking about because while we got some good scenes from Haley about pregnant, we got nothing from Nathan after episode 1 (and only in the S8 finale did he even acknowledge Lydia). In fact, I thought Clay was pregnant instead with his child in S8.

That said, I was still happy overall with NH's journey. We got to see everything for them and for that I will always be grateful. It doesn't mean I won't recgonise the missed opporutnities to flesh out storylines though.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Completely agree w/ everything you said about Brooke and Julian even it's pretty clear that they just don't know what to do w/ her in adult version than high school on..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-29-2012, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree about Brooke. I didn't totally love Brulian. But I didn't like any of her other boyfriends either.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Elite Fan

Personally I was very upset with the way both Brooke and Julian were handled as characters. There was so much potential to do something truly interesting with them because back in season 5-6 Brooke was at her best, she was an independent, kick ass, strong female who didn't take crap from anyone and who seemed to actually start learning from her unpleasent experience that was her romance with Lucas and I honestly thought she was never going to let her relationship with a man change her personality again. When Julian first appeared he stroke me as a charismatic, charming playful guy from LA and I thought that maybe him and Brooke wouldn't be a bad match at all. However, even the slightest of potential that they had back then vanished once Julian turned into a nerdy guy with daddy issues who wants "to live in his Brooke bubble" and Brooke once again turned into a whiny and self centered person who cares about nothing other than her own personal issues and problems to the point where she'd talk about them with friends who at the moment were dealing with their family member and friend being shot and about to die. From there on Brullian seemed unbearable to me personally. And I still regret the potential they had.

Haley's pregnancy could have definitely been handled better in S8, perhaps had she gotten more screen time and had her pregnancy been mentioned more frequently it would have been played out so much better.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:37 AM
New Fan

transcripts?

does anyone know where OTH transcripts are online that I can read?
Old 09-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kevin I know on this site if you choose which seaon you access to a certain menu, you have little green thingies that tells you they have the thing.
You are looking for the transcript in VO therefore you must look under the column VO.

I hope I made myself clear

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 09-23-2012, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

^ Thank you for the link, even though everything is in French and I don't understand a thing...

EDIT: Ahh I found transcripts in English, so I take back everything I said earlier except the thank you.

Last edited by For You to Notice...; 09-23-2012 at 05:24 AM
Old 09-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it's a French site but when like I said you go undern the VO column, you have them in English

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Old 09-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Yeah yeah, I'm slow time from time.

Wut da hella, I just noticed that Nathan's not in the picture for S8 transcrips. Why such things still bother me?
Old 09-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do not know

Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottheend (View Post)
Wut da hella, I just noticed that Nathan's not in the picture for S8 transcrips. Why such things still bother me?
there were no cast set pictures with James in them for Season 8
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread