Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2017, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That doesn't mean he hadn't already started developing feelings for Lindsey, just that he wouldn't have acted on them as soon as he did had he known. There is no way they would have been able to work through their issues at that point considering they were still in considerably different places. They were repressed, that's pretty obvious to me. I doubt Peyton would have stayed in LA so long after things finished with Julian if she actually believed she still loved Lucas, and Lucas wouldn't have had Lindsey move in with him if he believed he still loved Peyton. Neither were aware of those feelings, you can tell by the way they acted.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Considering he spent that year pretty much focusing on that book because he thought that would make Peyton come back to him and he was extremely upset that she didn't turn him to it, I have really tough time believing that he developed some romantic feelings for Lindsay, unlike she did. Considering how they missed each other, I could see them working on their issues even if they didn't get engaged right away and there was no reason for Luke to not to move to LA since at that point Nathan was pretty much going to go Maryland or was pretty close to it. Lucas and Peyton have both proposed to other people when they clearly knew that still loved each other, so I definitely wouldn't shocked me that they stayed in LA because they didn't wanted to admit that they would always love their ex or asked their girlfriend to move in when they knew of their feelings were still there.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They might have worked on it, but it's doubtful. He was ready for marriage, she wasn't. He was willing to move to LA, she didn't want him to, doesn't matter that he could, she didn't want him to. And it's pretty obvious to me that Peyton was completely oblivious to her feelings for Lucas when Julian ended things, and tbh, if they weren't, they're both *******s leading other people on, so that's really not the best option anyway...

And Lucas clearly believed he was in love with Lindsey at the start of season 5, and the way he was with Peyton initially made it clear he thought he was over her. Sure that didn't last long, but it did happen.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

But's that one year before the book signing and considering what happened, I doubt that Peyton would have held the same views on the situation. I can definitely see her been open to him moving to LA if they meant they could work things out. I don't really think she was really oblivious to her feelings for Luke, because in the Pulian break up scene it more came off as someone who had been finally been called out on their crap than someone how had no idea how they were feeling. Julian even pointed in 6.17 that she always lied by not loving Lucas anymore. I love LP, but their tendency to settle for other people when their first choice wasn't available and staying with said relationships when they knew they still loved each other made them look like real *******s at times. I thought it was pretty clear that Luke wasn't over Peyton from their first two scenes.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The reasons she didn't want him to move to LA back then were still reasons a year later. She still wouldn't have wanted him to give up his life for her because that breeds resentment.

Didn't look that way to me. She seemed stunned that he was saying it, and didn't believe what he was saying, imo. Which is backed up by her actions after the breakup. Julian accepting she had these feelings doesn't make her aware of them.

Wasn't really clear about Luke, tbh. He outright rejected her in that first scene, if he was aware of those feelings it would have been difficult for him to do that, it wasn't.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Considering Nathan ended up going to different college in another state and Karen ended up travelling the world, I think it's fair to say that those reasons had changed. They both were only reasons that Luke stayed in Tree Hill in the first place, I don't see any reason for him to stay if they were both gone.

She didn't really that stunned to me and she had similar facial expressions to Luke when Brooke and Lindsay broke up with him. She didn't deny it when he called out her on him having to share her with Luke and that's because she knew he was right.

He has rejected before when he was aware of those feelings before though so I wouldn't put past him to do that again.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They didn't though. Regardless of where Nathan and Karen were, Lucas had a whole life in Tree Hill, including a job he loved. And his publishers were based in NY, it would be dumb for him to move further away from them so the stakes are even higher.

I saw that as her not calling him out on it because she was surprised. Because she didn't know it was an issue.

Not really the same situation, though. This was more like early season 4, where he was not aware of his feelings for her.

And as with the other thread yesterday, as this thread is the Austin/Julian thread, the majority of this discussion does not belong in this thread, and should be moved out of it or ended.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-09-2017, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Without Nathan and Karen living there, what else other reasons besides the head coaching job did he have to stay? He clearly only stayed to help them out and probably would have to an university in another part of the country if Jamie and Lily weren't born. Being closer to his publishers isn't an good enough reason for him to stay imo since his writing depended on Peyton being in his life.

I think she did know it was an issue since it was pretty obvious to me that it wasn't the first time they had argued about Peyton taking Luke's novel everywhere she went. Julian thinking that she was still loved Luke definitely wasn't spur of the moment and it was probably something he felt through out their relationship.

The start of season 5 definitely wasn't like the start of season 4 since he was aware of his feelings. Even before Peyton came home, he kept photos & the ring to remind of what he lost and that definitely doesn't seem someone who thinks they are over their ex. Where do you want to move this too?
Old 07-10-2017, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

He had two jobs to stay for. She would never have let him give those up for her, especially the publishing deal considering what was at stake. They didn't know he couldn't write without her at this point, so that's not relevant.

Just because they keep arguing about it doesn't mean she believed he has a point. Him feeling something does not mean she does.

It was. I don't throw out old things either, doesn't mean I still have feelings for those people. I like the memories, not the people. Lucas was the same, imo.

Probably best in the LP thread.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He was pretty much by himself at that point and the head coaching job was the only thing keeping him in Tree Hill and even then, it's not like he couldn't have gotten an head coaching in LA, in fact it would have pretty easy to get one. If Whitey knew that he wanted to give up the coaching job, he would have encouraged Luke to do it and even helped him to find another job. Considering they didn't get rid of him when he had writers block for months on end, I doubt they would have gotten rid of him if wanted to move to another part of the country, especially one they were actually planning on visiting on the book tour.

It shows that she couldn't convince him that she didn't love Luke anymore. I love Luke and Peyton, but I will never buy they had no idea of their feelings when they were with Lindsay and Julian. The repressed feelings view fits Jeyton and Brucas a lot imo. It's not just he kept those photos and the ring, it's the way he looked it at them that showed he wasn't over her. Julian looked at an photo of him and Peyton in 6.09 and I got the similar impression. Yeah probably, got an couple of things to debate in there.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Which doesn't really matter because it's not about what he has, it's about what she perceives him to have and she saw that he had two jobs he loved on the opposite coast. She wouldn't have wanted him to give those up for her, and it's actually an extremely dangerous thing to do in general because, as I said, it breeds resentment. You can't just take for granted that he could get a job somewhere else. He technically wasn't even qualified to be a coach so there's pretty much no chance he would have outside of his home town.

Just because she can't convince him she doesn't does not mean she believes that she does. That's what repressed feelings are, feelings you are unaware of but are still there. And we don't actually know that he kept looking at that stuff during the years she wasn't there, just that he did when she came back, which actually fits repressed feelings.

Anyways, this conversation needs to end here if it isn't going to be moved. So... Julian...

I think the part where he almost killed one of the twins bothers me immensely.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

For me, the coaching job at that point wasn't good enough reason to keep him in Tree Hill, especially when all of his family and friends were living elsewhere and he would have been all alone besides his job. If he was unqualified for the job, he should have never been coaching at the point anyway and it wouldn't shock that they wouldn't brought in someone more experience in once they lost Nathan.

If she knew they weren't there anymore, she would have done an much better job of convincing Julian. Why should I believe they are repressed feelings when she only ever dated the guy because she thought that Luke had moved on, carrying Luke's novel every where she went and couldn't even convince her boyfriend that she didn't love her ex anymore. I love Luke and Peyton, but they knew dawn well how they felt about each other when they were dating Julian and Lindsay. Because that scene I'm talking occurred before Peyton came back, not after.

Fair point and why's that?
Old 07-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wrong thread.

Because it's such an amateur mistake and so easily avoidable.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Fair point, parents do that when they have too much on their plate though.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

His kid should come before everything else, tbh. Should be the first thing on his mind, not the last.

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread