Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2018, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Nathan and Haley being married didn't make me dislike the Haley and Chris dynmaic at all especially since it didn't seem like Haley was bothered by Chris at all during it. (which is why I'll forever be Team Nathan in this storyline.)

I think they had a nice chemistry, a pretty nice yet at times complicated relationship, it was so great to see Chris sort of grow while being around Haley while not really losing his character traits as I felt happened with a person like Nathan a lot of times in the series. It felt like with Chris they knew how to have him in love with Haley without really changing him at all. And I enjoyed that.

It affected my view on them in season 2 because season 2 was around the time I started watching OTH so I was kind of establishing that I was shipping Naley.... only to find out that there was this dude trying to break them up By season 3 I didn't hate Chris anymore...

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 02-28-2018, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
It affected my view on them in season 2 because season 2 was around the time I started watching OTH so I was kind of establishing that I was shipping Naley.... only to find out that there was this dude trying to break them up By season 3 I didn't hate Chris anymore...
For me I was more upset that Haley was sort of allowing it.
For me season 2 showed me Nathan and Haley got married to young. But I think them being married is what kept them together. If they never were married, they would have broken up in season 2, and it probably would have taken a long time for them to get back together....

But it seems that the marriage was always that safe net of them HAVING to stay together even through the difficult times.

But As I mentioned, I still liked the Chris and Haley dynamic and although Nathan was my favorite character and I didn't like seeing him get hurt, I just loved Chris/Haley.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It's the same with me basically
Old 02-28-2018, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wonder what Chris and Haley did in their down time when they weren't singing.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
For me I was more upset that Haley was sort of allowing it.
For me season 2 showed me Nathan and Haley got married to young. But I think them being married is what kept them together. If they never were married, they would have broken up in season 2, and it probably would have taken a long time for them to get back together....

But it seems that the marriage was always that safe net of them HAVING to stay together even through the difficult times.

But As I mentioned, I still liked the Chris and Haley dynamic and although Nathan was my favorite character and I didn't like seeing him get hurt, I just loved Chris/Haley.
Yeah, I agree.... if the Haley and Nathan weren't married at the time it would have taken much longer for them to get back together because if they weren't married and a thing like Chris and Haley kissing happen, there would. have been an easy out and could have just called it quits. Marriage forced them to work at their problems.

I like the Haley and Chris dynamic especially in season 9

Old 02-28-2018, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I do wonder about that sometimes.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I agree.... if the Haley and Nathan weren't married at the time it would have taken much longer for them to get back together because if they weren't married and a thing like Chris and Haley kissing happen, there would. have been an easy out and could have just called it quits. Marriage forced them to work at their problems.

I like the Haley and Chris dynamic especially in season 9

Yup, it seems they were keeping things together even through the tough times because they were married. Naley took marriage seriously unlike a lot of pairings do now. They really meant it when they said their vows so even through the tough times, it was their marriage that made them stay together. Even when there was an argument, it was "We're married." or from Lucas to Nathan, "Haley's your WIFE!" No one could have used that argument if they never got married so many things in their relationships would have been so different because neither Nathan or Haley ever had to get guilt trip over a high school love.

I didn't mind the Chris/Haley kiss ONLY because as I mentioned, I didn't see Haley hating it. I mean they kissed again and Jake saw it... I feel if it was only about the music, Haley should have made it clear which she never truly did... and it's why I would have loved to see Haley and Chris on tour however, it seemed when Haley left for tour, she was slowly getting written off OTH... so we never really got to fully explore a possible love triangle and the true pain that Haley was going through. I just didn't see it.

I wish we got more Haley/Chris scenes in season 9 actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I do wonder about that sometimes.
About what would've happened if Naley never got married?
Old 03-02-2018, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
About what would've happened if Naley never got married? [/FONT]
Yep
Old 03-03-2018, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We'll never know.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No we won't.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Its one on those things where we just have to imagine how we think things would have turned out with them if they weren't married at the time Haley and Chris kissed. I DO believe that Nathan and Haley's relationship may or may not have been AS strong as it is if it weren't for them not giving up on their marriage following Haley coming back from tour. I think it's what made Nathan and Haley the strongest couple on the show.

I do love the Nathan/Haley/Chris dynamic. Especially in season 3, 4, and 9. All the history between all them became comical.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's definitely true I still wish we got to see more of that dynamic, especially between season 5 and 8.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We should have, really.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-30-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Disappointing that we didn't see Chris during that point at all.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Kind of needed to see him more.

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread