Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

No one could have predicted how well BL would work on screen together & how much a large portion of the audience would respond to them, & when that happens you have to go back to the drawing board a little and rethink you're plan. Which I honestly think they did, after season 1 I did not see the writers going back to BL tbh. But they knew there was a lot more of that story to tell & that CS would just do an amazing job with it.

& maybe if things had gone differently between CS, BL would have been handled properly too...I mean they had to break up sometime, but I would have like them to be friends. & like you said, 9 eps just wasn't enough time for Lucas to get over Brooke & decide that he wanted Peyton instead.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No one could have predicted how well BL would work on screen together & how much a large portion of the audience would respond to them, & when that happens you have to go back to the drawing board a little and rethink you're plan. Which I honestly think they did, after season 1 I did not see the writers going back to BL tbh. But they knew there was a lot more of that story to tell & that CS would just do an amazing job with it.
Yeah, I definitely think they rethought their plans for the show because of the response to BL and CS' incredible chemistry. You couldn't deny BL when they were onscreen. But I'm so grateful they did. I just think they always wanted to go back to LP and they just made BL too amazing So it didn't work. Like Lucas adored Brooke in every way and then no? Doesn't make sense.

Yeah it would have been nice to see BL as friends They meant so much to each other.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I'll always be glad for what we did get & that the writers took the BL journey in the direction that they did (first 3 seasons that is), but they couldn't really go back to LP after that, especially in the way that they did. Lucas was head over heels in love with Brooke. He really truly loved her & that just wouldn't go away.

& it was so frustrating not seeing them really be friends in s4, but understandable to a point because they had just broken up after all - but I don't understand why there wasn't really a friendship there in s6. They felt like a real slap in the face for BL'ers.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

The writing in general was a mess in S6. Like what was that season....

The thing that annoyed me the most was that they were say things that negated BL's relationship once LP got together. Lucas was head over heels in love with Brooke, but he did have a strong connection to Peyton. I saw it and I think it's true. There was something between LP. However, I don't think Lucas was in denial over his feelings for Peyton the entire time ...like come on!? The writers made it seem like his feelings for Brooke were a fluke.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think he cared about Peyton a lot, but I don't think he wanted to be with her & I certainly don't think he was in denial about it either. He wanted to be with Brooke & he fought so hard just to get the chance with her again & he was so in love with Brooke. & nothing will ever convince me otherwise. You could see it when they were together, when he was with Brooke, there was absolutely no one else on his mind.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

season 6 BL watching currently.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I think he cared about Peyton a lot, but I don't think he wanted to be with her & I certainly don't think he was in denial about it either. He wanted to be with Brooke & he fought so hard just to get the chance with her again & he was so in love with Brooke. & nothing will ever convince me otherwise. You could see it when they were together, when he was with Brooke, there was absolutely no one else on his mind.
I gotta agree with this Gosh I miss them
Old 01-17-2015, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I mean look...

B: Maybe I should do a contest. You know, ‘vote for me and win a date’ or offer a makeover.
L: You don’t need a gimmick, Brooke. Alright, just… tell me why you want to be president.
B: I am who I am… no excuses. But I’d like other people to know that there’s a lot more to me than just some party-girl.
L: This is from a speech, by John F. Kennedy. I think it could work for you.
B: This is all about courage. Nobody is gonna believe this coming from me.
L: I would.

Until the very end.

It was palpable between them
Old 01-17-2015, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

Again, just chills READING it. So many of their scenes were so simple, but that's what made them amazing.

Not to bash LP, but I didn't like how so many scenes of theirs were like "we're so meant to be", "always" ,"I'll always love you" , etc. because it felt like the writers were telling us they were meant to be. LP were much more believable when it wasn't them telling us they were meant to be. Brooke and Lucas had simple, beautiful, genuine scenes. We didn't need to be told that were falling in love. You could feel it, especially in scenes like the one you posted or in 2x16...it was all in the chemistry.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I know, it felt so forced & no one in real life talks like that in a relationship. Well, except for teenagers who say that kind of stuff about someone different every week

But that BL just has it. They're spending time together & are already so comfortable in each other's company, he's helping her, she opens up to him about what she wants & he just has what she needs to do what she wants to do. & the way she looks at him when he says 'I would' & he doesn't get nervous or back away from it at all, he believed in her & knowing that gave her the confidence that she needed
Old 01-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, except for teenagers who say that kind of stuff about someone different every week
Very true Which is funny though because they are supposed to be HS but I will never feel that way. All of the cast looks SO old. And besides, I feel like the depth of Brooke and Lucas's relationship was so much more mature than HS.

Quote:
he doesn't get nervous or back away from it at all, he believed in her & knowing that gave her the confidence that she neede
You really see them fall in love They way they look at each other. Absolutely adore that scene. That's how I also feel about 2x17. The pureness of the scene where he gives her his room with the red door! And his happiness from her being so happy. They feel like a real couple, so genuine and natural. They make me so happy, look at them!

Old 01-17-2015, 04:40 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
You really see them fall in love They way they look at each other. Absolutely adore that scene. That's how I also feel about 2x17. The pureness of the scene where he gives her his room with the red door! And his happiness from her being so happy. They feel like a real couple, so genuine and natural. They make me so happy, look at them!

That's what I love so much about them: they feel like a real couple. Even in season one, when it -supposedly- was all lust, it still felt real. And the progression in their relationship is so sweet and so natural that you can't not love them.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Supreme Fan

I think the writers always wanted LP to try as couple because it's a triangle anyway but because BL story was so real they had to use other aspects of the show to make the audience believe it. In S4 for example, all characters were promoting LP, none on the show acknowledged how wrong P's actions were but they actually tried to make it okay by turning Brooke into a hypocrite **** who went behind Peyton's back first. Then, they brought back Lucas' crush in one scene I remember, then they used fate, stars and whatever...of course Brooke's jealousy helped as well which made the audience believe that yes maybe there was always something there.

But what saddens me the most about BL story is how Brooke is the reason why their relationship couldn't move foward. Lucas did everything he could to make it work. He fought for her and he believed in them like he never did before. He opened his heart to her through his letters for example, forgave her for the Chris Keller fiasco, reassured her when she was doubting him, he TOLD Peyton how he was in love with Brooke and therefore nothing could happen between them...Brooke on the other hand always had issues which is understandable after what happened...Also in 3x22 Lucas was right when he said how she was looking for any reason to run away and end things because that's what she did. She broke things off with him before she could be hurt again.
She's the one gave up FIRST on their relationship.
Remind us all of what we u s e d to b e.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's sad that she gave up! I want to know why she stopped missing him

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 01-18-2015, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think she was lying when she said she stopped missing him. She was just so sure that Lucas was going to leave her, she didn't have that trust in him (which is not all his fault) & decided that she wanted out first & didn't want to be left. I suppose she was trying to take control in the only way that she could.