Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2004, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

Let's Get to Know Each Other - Introduce Yourself!

It's occurred to me that, with as many posters as we have now, I can't say I feel like I know a lot of you. And I know we do have an intro thread, but it's very short and often gets lost. I'd like to use this thread as a way to find out something about each of you and so everyone else can get to know each other a little better as well.

I also hope that with this thread, some of you will feel more comfortable coming to each of the mods with any concerns or questions you may have or even just to say hi!

So feel free to share something about yourselves. I'll start...

I'm Roxy, and I'm 17. I'm just trying to get through this last year of high school and finish all my college applications.

I found FF through GilmoreGirls.org. Until the OTH board, I never really posted regularly on any other boards here. I just stuck to the Gilmore Girls board. Even now, I tend to just stick to GG, OTH, and CMM. I just am not able to remember to post at any other boards regularly.

I came to OTH for CMM, but I've found this show to be highly addictive, and I've come to love all of the cast -- and Mark! I'm sure I'll be watching this show until the end.

My favorite shows are Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill. I do watch a lot of other shows though. I love American Dreams, Alias, The OC, and Everwood. I already love Jack & Bobby as well, and this year I got hooked on The Amazing Race.

I don't watch very many movies because I have a short attention span. My favorite books are the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. Luke Brandon is just my book crush, and I think Becky's just adorable.

As for music, I love John Mayer, Guster, Maroon 5, and Jason Mraz. I also obsess over songs and musicians for a week or so (currently it's Frou Frou), but those four are consistently my favorites.

I don't have very many hobbies. I do enjoy photography, and I love picking up new cameras, but I never like any of my photos. Recently I've begun to really enjoy book-making. I'm still learning, and I don't enjoy filling up the pages, but I enjoy the process of making the books.

If you ever want to just chat, I'm usually not very talkative at first and am quite shy, but still feel free to just IM or e-mail me, and I'll open up after I get to know you a little better. My screen name is RoxyBlueGirl7, and my e-mail's roxybluegirl7@aol.com.

I hope everyone will share something. I'd really like to get to know you all better.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting this thread Roxy! I hope you will all join in too because I'd love to get to know you all a bit better.

So, I'm Maz, I'm 19 and live in London, UK. I'm about to start university on a Computer Science degree in a couple of weeks and i'm actually looking forward to it.

I have a tendency to get way way into American TV shows, which is unlike anyone I know in real life (apart from my little sister) which is why I spend so much time online. No one understands my need to discuss TV shows and their characters/actors to death.

Um, I also have an insane family at home as I am one of six brothers and sisters including two babies so my place is a complete mad-house all the time!

At the moment my fave shows are One Tree Hill and The O.C. and I used to love Buffy, Roswell and DC (before it sucked) among many others.

What else? I love to write even though I'm not very good at it. I wrote a whole load of Pacey/Joey fanfic (DC) over the years, and recently I've been trying my hand at different couples to inspire my muse like Tristan/Rory, Lucas/Haley, Draco/Hermione etc... I kinda want to write a novel when I'm older but I have no idea what it would be about, or even if I'd ever be good enough to do that.

Oh and like Roxy I also love The Shopaholic books (if you havent read them you really need too) And Luke Brandon is my book-crush!

I have AIM if you want to chat. my sn is JoWitter (left over from my days as a PJ fan). And my email add is JoWitter@aol.com if you need to contact me. I'm really shy in real life but over the net I'm pretty open to chatting.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:43 AM
New Fan

I'm Tina, and I'm 14. I just started high school and its sooo fun!

I found FF through TheWB. I joined to talk to u guys about One Tree Hill and look at teh beautiful wallpapers that are posted here!

I am obsessed with this show. When I go to school and we talk about teh show... everyone looks at me when I use the terms Brucas and Naley. They all look at me like I'm from teh land of OTH or something!

My favorite shows are The OCand One Tree Hill. I do watch a lot of other shows though. I love Everwood, Smallville, Reba, What I like About You and Grounded For Life.

I just tuned into OneTreeHill on its second air date so I have been a long time fan! I introduced it to my school aswell as FF i have introduced.

As for music, I love Green Day, Blink, NOFX and Alexisonfire. My favorite songs are "American Idiot" by Green Day and "The EX" by Billy Talent.

I don't have very many hobbies. On my spare time I spend dancing and shopping for shoes. Recently I've been focussing on school and all my classes.

If you ever want to just chat, I'm usually not very talkative at first and am quite shy, but still feel free to just email me at tina_b44@hotmail.com or on teh WB boards as borgodancer!
Old 09-18-2004, 12:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Great start Roxy and Maz! Guess I'm next in line......

Hi everyone, I'm Tammy, the newest of the moderators here on the One Tree Hill board. I've been on Fan Forum since the early Dawson's Creek days, and on this board since its beginnings. I'm one of the many over-30 girls that gather here, yeah we're loud and proud, and actually I find it very cool that OTH attracts such a varied audience. I think that says alot about its quality, and the talents of its creator, Mark Schwahn.

I live in Louisville, Kentucky and work in health care. I'm an avid gardener, I love to work out, and my hobbies include crafting and scrapbooking. Favorite music lately: Gavin Degraw (!), Michelle Branch, Matchbox 20, Train.

I'm really proud of the OTH board being the biggest and busiest board on Fan Forum, and as your moderator I am here to help you with whatever you need. Please feel free to contact me or any of the other moderators with any questions or concerns. My AIM is tmd40165, and my email is Tmdrury123@cs.com.

And please post here and let us get to know you!

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hi

I'm Cindy. I'm 21 and a senior in college (first year senior lol). I don't post that often anymore, but I thought that this was a good idea.

I found FF through crashdown.com (back in the day lol). I was a fan of Roswell and because of Fanforum I became a fan of other various TV shows including Buffy and Angel. Now I watch all sorts of shows including (of course) One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, Everwood, the O.C. etc etc.
And I like all things entertainment

And I feel kind of old, lol.

>>Cindy

LJ
Old 09-18-2004, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

I had to post after Cindy, because well darling, I'm shocked you posted here. You are like a FF enigma!

Um...what to say about me. At the moment I'm drugged up on Tylenol Sinus, so this might not be the best time to say things LOL. But I will anyway.

I'm Bekah. I'm 22, from NY, and I just started my masters program in Secondary Education to teach English. I'm obsessed with OTH and soap operas, and I'm addicted to making and watching music videos.

I play on the computer way too much, and I adore the OTH boards (you most likely can find me on the NH or video thread) and have found a real home here. I can not wait for the new season to start up, and half the reason is because I can't wait to read everyone's insightful posts.

Great thread idea, Roxy! {P.S. Guster! Jason Mraz! Frou Frou! Maroon 5! YAY! LOL}

Last edited by cliffieluv; 09-18-2004 at 01:22 AM
Old 09-18-2004, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting this Roxy, I usually don't post at threads like this, because well I'm lazy, but Bekah brought me over so here I am.

My names Whitney, I'm 18, I graduated high school last year and plan to start classes in January. I live in South Alabama, if you've watched the weather channel lately, you've probably scene lots of where I live, or whats left of it, LOL.

I found FF through Roswell, but I wasn't a frequent poster until OTH came along. I've been a fanatic for quite a few WB shows over the years, DC, Buffy, Roswell, and vairous others. I'm a big soapfan, or at least I used to be now I just watch the disaster that has become the genre.

I write OTH fanfic, mostly Nathan/Haley, and my pen name is bama02614, over at The Rivercourt and OTHC. I love to write as well as read fanfiction, basically I could read and write 24/7, it's my hobby I guess you'd say, and my greatest ambition(to become a published writer).

And yeah, I can't think of anything else at this point.

Whitney
Old 09-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vilandra-N-Kivar-Lover

My names Whitney, I'm 18, I graduated high school last year and plan to start classes in January. I live in South Alabama, if you've watched the weather channel lately, you've probably scene lots of where I live, or whats left of it, LOL.

Whitney
Hi Whitney I've read some of your fics (you're good by the way).

I live in Florida so I can relate with your weather disasters. I hope you're doing ok.

LJ
Old 09-18-2004, 02:12 AM
Elite Fan

Great idea.

My name is Katie (obviously heh) and I have am 18 years old. I live in Ohio but I often am also in Illinois because a lot of family lives there, so I'm back and forth alot.

My favorite TV obsessions are Alias, OTH, and The OC. You can catch me on the SMG board talking about Alias and Jen Garner a lot, I adore both.

I am a freshman in college and am planning to major in photojournalism. I'm currently looking for some internships at magazine companines, so if anyone knows of any, point me that way.

I lurked around FF in 1999 when I was obsessed with DC, I Would always be lurking the boards and DCH (Dawson's Creek Headlines). But I didn't join until early 2000 because Roswell got me to join.

I can be a real chatterbox (especially if you get me started on Jen Garner, Brad Pitt, or Alias). So feel free to PM me or IM me at buffster778.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:12 AM
Elite Fan

Double Post
Old 09-18-2004, 02:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for starting this thread Roxy! I think this is a great idea

My name is Claire, I'm 15, and I live in Texas. Currently, I'm just trying to readjust to a brand new high school in a new place, as my family moved in June.

I honestly don't remember how I found FF, but I'm very glad that I did. I tend to lurk more than I actually post, but it's usually a fun place to be.

My favorite shows are Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, Everwood, Alias (pre-season 3, or before it sucked), and Buffy. I started watching OTH for The Chad, but quickly got hooked on the sometimes cheesy, but always entertaining storylines.

Uhm, I also love to write. It's a big hobby of mine, and something that I always fall back on when things aren't too great. I used to write for my high school's newspaper back before I moved, and that was amazing. This year, I'm trying something new.. and going with what drew me to writing - creative stuff. I've also tried my hand at fanfiction. It isn't the best stuff ever, but sometimes it just helps me think. I only write Tristan/Rory, it's the only couple that my muse seems to agree with.

What else.. ? I adore Paul McCartney. He's just plain fantastic. So, yeah.
Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's is my single favorite movie performance ever. She's amazing, and the movie always makes me smile.

Currently, I'm completely hooked on Josh Groban (he has this amazing French song called "Hymme a L'amour." Listen to it if you get the chance!) I tend to have a different little obsession every so often. It's fun.

I have AIM if you want to chat. My screenname is takeyourfreedom (it's a line in a favorite Keith Urban song), or you can email me at miss.abbey.road@gmail.com
Old 09-18-2004, 02:22 AM
Master Fan

Claire, every time I see you post somewhere, I think to myself "how cute is that Reese icon!" Hehe. Just wanted to say that. OH, and I love Josh Groban too!
Old 09-18-2004, 02:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi, I'm Ashley. I'm 20, 21 next month, and I live in North Carolina. Technically not Wilmington, but I can see the city from my window so I'm going to call it Wilmington (Literally it takes like 2 minutes to get there, and that's WITH rush hour traffic.)

I first found Fanforum through a site called Eyes Only, it's url is http://www.darkangelfan.com so it's obviously a Dark Angel fansite. I was obsessed with the show, so I came to Fan Forum and registered to talk on the Dark Angel board, but it became more like lurking. To date I've probably posted 6 posts on that board. Which if you see my post count is a small percentage. I kind of got away from the site, for about a year, during which time I rediscovered Gilmore Girls (I had seen a few Season Ones, and refound it just as Jess was arriving.) So in turn, I refound Fanforum, and haven't strayed since. Now I stick to a select few boards. For instance the ones I have on my subscribed list are Chad Michael Murray, One Tree Hill, Fan Art, and Gilmore Girls. I also visit the Tru Calling board from time to time, and the Dead Like Me thread, which I'm hoping will soon get it's own board.

My passion is film, so I watch a lot of TV. Charmed, Jack and Bobby, Crossing Jordan, Dead Like Me, Entourage, Everwood, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, Survivor, Big Brother, The Amazing Race, the entire C.S.I. franchise, E.R., The O.C., Tru Calling, What I Like About You, Reba, Grounded For Life, Joan of Arcadia, and Third Watch. How do I manage it all? VCR's and lots of cheap tapes.

I also love music, with a passion. I'm wont to find a band or song, and obsess over them for as little as a week, and as much as 2 months. I like all kinds of music but mostly Emo, Punk Rock, R&B, Hip-Hop, and Classic Rock. Right now I'm into Frou Frou, The Killers, Maroon 5, Something Corporate, The Rocket Summer, and Outkast. My absolute favorites however are Sarah McLachlan, Outkast, and The Rocket Summer. I also love soundtracks, my two favorites are the Gilmore Girls soundtrack, and the Dark Angel soundtrack.

I like going to the movies, and thanks to OTH, watching sports. I like to do artsy stuff, fanart, drawings, photography, painting, woodwork, ceramics, original works, etc. If you want to see some my site is Another Bend In The Road. That's pretty much it.
Grey's Anatomy- Roomates and Exhibitionists. Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
I'm on Team Sophia, Team Denny, and Team Winchester. I want a Metallicar.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Hi everyone

My name is Audrey, obviously. I live an Washington, about half an hour outside of Seattle.

Last year when I was still reading spoilers, I went on OTHCentral and they had links to FF, then I lurked here for a couple of months, until I finally started posting regularly. My favorite shows are One Tree Hill, 24, Alias, Everwood, American Dreams, and.... I can't think of anything else right now. I did love Buffy and Roswell though. (I really like Sarah Michelle Gellar also.) I started watching OTH because of Chad, but now I'm obsessed with NH. You can usually find me at the NH thread. Oh yeah, I gotta say this, after just watching the Pilot of Jack & Bobby, I have officially decided that I love that show, plus Matt Long is hot.

I love Maroon 5, Goo Goo Dolls, John Mayer, Gavin DeGraw, Michelle Branch, Relient K, and Switchfoot.

I do love to read fanfiction, that is definitely my guilty pleasure.

Not much else to say.....
"Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same." ~ Flavia

N. + H.

Last edited by ~Audrey~; 12-05-2004 at 06:55 AM
Old 09-18-2004, 04:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hello lovelies!!

So I used to be quite the regular poster..but it turns out that real life definitely needs full attention at times!! Anyways, I hopefully will try and get back into the routine of posting here regularly..I miss ya'll!

For those of you who don't know me - or are new - my name is Jenna and i live in Montreal, Quebec..Canada! I'm 19 and i'm in my first year university studying Business. I figure considering i have no idea what i want to do with my life, i might as well go into something that no matter what i do, it will help me out in life.

I found FF actually because I'm probably one of the biggest spoiler-whores around, and I was in dyer need of General Hospital gossip...after lurking for a while, I posted mainly on the spoiler board and then expanded once I found my new love in OTH! T?he wonderful things this show does for us...

I used to be obsessed (but i'm once again starting to watch it!) with General Hospital (C'mon, Steve Burton anyone?!) and during the year I also tend to watch Gilmore Girls, CSI and Joan of Arcadia. I'm boycotting the OC mainly b/c i think it's so overrated - OTH holds the biggest place in my tv lovin' heart! My favorite couple is Nathan and Haley (hold the "Naley" label though, please!) and you KNOW that I am definitely a member of the Gutter Gals...even if I don't post there anymore! (but i WILL..just you wait! Where's Denise?!)

I'm one of the biggest music freaks you'll ever meet too! My obsessions lie within the melodies (omg, how corny can i please be!) of Dave Matthews, Jason Mraz, Ben Harper, Matthew Good, Our Lady Peace, Goo Goo Dolls, Guster, Coldplay..I definitely could go on for hours!

I'm obsessed with sports, mainly hockey (don't get me started on the lockout situation..) and i LOVE playing soccer and rugby. I go stir crazy if i'm sedentary for a long period of time!

Anyways...if you have any questions or wanna freak out with me over whatever it may be, feel free to contact me on the boards or through AIM at jennacanadian - i'll be around more often now! I swear!

Who's excited for Tuesday?! Oh right! That would be me!!

Much love to you all, and i'm SO proud to be part of the busiest board FanForum has to offer!!

Jenna

H.S. + N.S

"When nobody understands, you come and hold my hand.."
Closed Thread   Post New Thread