Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

so i rarely post on here, but tonights episode was...touching. i've never followed OTH until the middle of last season, so i don't know the history b/n everyone. and i've never cried watching a tv show until now. the part where Jamie asks for Q's jersey and when he gives the jersey to Dre had me in tears.

and the funeral scene....idk how to explain it

tumblr
Old 09-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I would say more, but I'm trying to get over the last scene. Brooke and Jamie standing by Q's casket, holding hands and her just finally breaking down . . . incredible in all respects.

Haley, Jamie, and Brooke ruled the episode for me.

-April

ETA: Wow, this season's promos are a lot better than last seasons!
i LOVED that Jamie was the one she felt safe enough with to finally let herself cry. That scene and the white screen at the end....I lost it...and I'd managed pretty well before that.

LP almost got me when Luke said "Peyton, you always help me, you don't have to say anything."
emma » icon | tumblr
Old 09-15-2008, 07:23 PM
New Fan

anyone felt sorry for CARRIE....

i did, i actually wanted to hold her..

i sure did, well that scene where dan was telling carrie that jamie can't replace her son. I thought Torrey was amazing in that scene, i actually cried...well i cried throughout the episode but i completely lost it when we found out about carrie's son dieing.

You know Carrie's not in her right mind, she probably went into a heavly depresson after losing her son and father.

I felt really sorry for Carrie, i felt for her. WOW, i knew Mark wouldn't make her a one-note psycho.

and plus i have to give Torrey Devitto major props. She was amazing in the few scenes she was in. Especially with that final scene with Dan and the scene where she was putting flowers on her son's grave, i actually wanted to jump through the T.V and Hold Carrie.

no offense, but Carrie had to have gone through a hard time losing her son, thats one she is so obsessed with Jamie. NO MOTHER SHOULD LOSE THEIR CHILD. It probably had a great deal of effect on Carrie. If u didn't feel for Carrie, then u have no HEART LOL JK.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Why does it always have to be about NH? There is one NB scene and it's the end of the world. And they are friends. That's what giving them a scene every couple seasons is supposed to do. Because if they were given more scenes to show a friendship it would just cause people to freak out more. I mean what's the big deal. NH have their whole life together. He can spend two minutes talking to a friend who he's known his whole life. A person he can sympathize with. In a way that even Haley can't understand. It might suck but it's true.
Supreme Fan

Joy was really amazing. She had me crying every time she was on the screen, she was so perfect. She has a great talent. But Q's mom, I was bawling during her scene, that was also really great.

...my life is good.
Master Fan

And talk about random. That N//B scene was transparent on so many levels. I don't even know why the writers decided to add that scene in or make it as ridiculously long as it was but it was strange and completely out of left field. I wasn't feeling it. Big WTF from me.

bethany joy |
Old 09-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

you guys seriously have to be kidding me? the Nathan and Brooke scene had no romantic connotations at all. Nathan was just talking about how they are similar and him and Hayley and all of them are there for her. I bet they won't even talk after this episode. I am all for character interaction. I wouldn't worry about one Brooke and Nathan scene

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
New Fan

I loved this episode. The last scene with Jamie and Brooke? Totally broke me. That's one of those images I will always remember because it was just powerful. Jamie with the cape, Brooke FINALLY letting herself cry, and Jamie taking her hand. It was just a really moving moment.

My only issue is the fact that everyone is accepting that Brooke fell down the stairs. I could let it slide, as contrived as it is, when it was just the bruising on the face. However, how is NO ONE commenting on what clearly looks like finger prints on her arm? Am I the only one that thought the bruises on her arm very clearly looked like they were put there by another person? It just bugs me.
Master Fan

i agree with you Calla
no matter how much we bend
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by +supernova+ (View Post)
Um yeah, it was for me. I'm not a fan of Brooke and I'm especially not a fan of scenes where she's around Nathan.

I mean there was barely any interaction between Nathan and his wife that was about THEM. It's always about Jamie and the one scene they do have is light-hearted. There's no real emotion between them. It seems to me he reserved that for Brooke.

I don't trust Nathan. I just don't...not after the past couple of seasons...and now he'd rather comfort someone who's not even his friend instead of his own wife. It just proves I'm right about him.

I just don't understand why Brooke has to encroach on the NH relationship or the NHJ family unit. That's not what I signed up for and if it continues, I will not be pleased at all.
I think that's really cynical, actually. You say all NH have is fluff, yet when they have intense SL's that challenge their marriage, you get angry. Also, shouldn't it be about Jamie? He's their son And I thought that scene with them on his bed was heartbreaking

As for Brooke, it wasn't her encroaching on their family. She never asked for help. Nathan offered it to her. And just cause they don't have time on screen together, doesn't mean they aren't friends. i think he told her exactly what she needed to hear.
to yourself
Elite Fan

I guess I'm one of the few who enjoyed the B/N scene. The only reason I felt it felt long, was because you kept assuming she was going to tell him... and she didn't. And that made it awkward. But, for me, it was a good awkward.

I just looked up and realized The Hills is almost over, and I barely paid attention to it...

kenny | credit
Old 09-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

You can like it and I can hate it.

And now I'm sure I'm going to read how Nathan is so obviously in love with Brooke or vice versa. *SIGH*

Haley's the only reason why I watch this show anyone. It's a shame she has to share screentime with characters I can't stand anymore.

ETA:

Quote:
I think that's really cynical, actually. You say all NH have is fluff, yet when they have intense SL's that challenge their marriage, you get angry.
I am cynical. That's not a surprise and I wouldn't mind challenging storylines if they didn't always involve third parties. Nathan's always, always putting other women in front of his own marriage. Carrie wasn't that long ago. I love how everyone forgets his affair with the psychotic...and now he's having "touching" chats with Brooke, a character he barely acknowledges, instead of trying to be there for his wife. Nearly all of Haley's meaningful scenes were without Nathan. That tells me something and it's not a good thought.

There was no need for a 3 minute scene between them when Nathan and Haley haven't had a scene that lasted that long since MAYBE Season 3.

But it doesn't matter anymore. I don't care about Nathan. Like I said...Haley is the only reason I watch anymore.

Last edited by broken crown; 09-15-2008 at 07:31 PM
Old 09-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakindownthesewalls (View Post)
so i rarely post on here, but tonights episode was...touching. i've never followed OTH until the middle of last season, so i don't know the history b/n everyone. and i've never cried watching a tv show until now. the part where Jamie asks for Q's jersey and when he gives the jersey to Dre had me in tears.

and the funeral scene....idk how to explain it
Oh gosh, you need to catch up! There is so much that happened, so much meaning and history between ALL of the characters; they've come SO FAR from the beginning to where they are now. Oh gosh. Go, go catch up right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Sawyer18 (View Post)
i did, i actually wanted to hold her..

Especially with that final scene with Dan and the scene where she was putting flowers on her son's grave, i actually wanted to jump through the T.V and Hold Carrie.
Yeah, I felt myself feeling bad for her. Then I saw she was back to being crazy in the promos, that cured those feelings really quick!
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I never watched that show, but I did hear that a "main character died" on the show. How'd she die anyways
She was in a car accident with Ryan at the end of Season 3.

Quote:
I agree with your entire post. I can't even add anything more to it
Thank you very much
Icon | Jen
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt (View Post)
Hmmm. I'm actually torn between loving some scenes and being bored by the rest of the episode.

The NB scene was really random But I loved it.

Haley was awesome this episode. Every moment, every word was filled with emotion and I'm not really into Haley but I felt her.

I'm tired of seeing Jamie in almost every scene.

Lucas and Peyton were sad? I think. I'm confused

Skillz and Deb were a highlight for me. How sweet was it when she went to him? Me and my sister were surprised about that.

I'm glad that Peyton went to Brooke's shop and got her clothes but the scenes seemed like more of a filler than anything of worth IMO. Like let's put Brooke and Peyton in this scene together because they're friends. I felt more of a friendship between Brooke/Nathan and Brooke/Haley than the two Brooke/Peyton scenes. That's sad.

And now they all believe she fell down the stairs?

Wow...I think I prefer the premiere to this episode. But last weeks episode is my favourite from this season.

OMG. I forgot about that...that was so sweet. She put aside all the weirdness to be there for him because she knew he needed it. Screw what everyone else thinks. I loved it...it's about time.
emma » icon | tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread