Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

If you have a personal prob with me - take it to PM (I'll gladly set the situ straight). This is the episode discussion thread, and I don't feel comfortable thwarting personal attacks in the middle of oth discussion.
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmyshape (View Post)
If you have a personal prob with me - take it to PM(I'll gladly set the situ straight). This is the episode discussion thread.
I'm fine, thanks.

Quote:
If you want to reference Big and Carrie well it sucked the way they treated the good people with them (his wife and Aidan). I said the same thing back in the days... If Carrie and Big wanted to be together, they should have been adults about it and break up with their significant others before getting into bed. Temptation can be hard but there comes a point where you make a choice and sometimes it is the wrong one that has impact on other people.

I have no problem if L/P want to be together and live their angst and in the past but they do not have to hurt other people in the process and Mark sure doesn't have to assassinate Brooke even more.
I completely agree. But some people just aren't strong enough to resist temptation. Like Carrie/Big and like LP. The heart wants what it wants...That doesn't give the right to hurt people but it more so means that if you're in love, it's hard to stop it and hard to do potentially hurtful things.
New Fan

I'm entirely confused on why anyone cares so much anyway! I mean, had it been Brooke, or another of Peyton's closest friends, I could understand everyone hating her, but it was Lindsey. An enemy to say the least. Why does it matter if Peyton befriends her or not??? There's no respect between either of the girls, so who cares??? It's not like Peyton is this horrible person, betraying one of her nearest and dearest. Lindsey crossed the line when she attempted to initimidate Peyton with that stupid bamboo, and then force her friendship on her. Didn't she ever once stop to give Peyton any courtesy, and wonder how she would feel if her ex's new gf was throwing her friendship at her??? No. Lindsey acted without any regard to Peyton and her feelings, so why should Peyton owe her anything???

Not to mention, I agree with an above poster ... Lucas has been placing himself in Peyton's life since she returned to Tree Hill. She has tried her best to avoid both of them at all costs, b/c I imagine she knows the chances of something occurring will increase if you are constantly having to look someone you love in the eye.

For ONE second, imagine this from Peyton's side. Imagine how much she must blame herself for losing Lucas. 3 years ago, he walked away from her, plain and simple. All b/c she said that she wanted to wait another year. She made a responsible, mature decision, and Lucas left her b/c of it. Then a year later, she shows up to the signing, with hopes of rekindling, I'm sure, all to see him involved with another woman. Imagine the regrets she has regarding Lucas, and how much she probably blamed herself for so long. Now, imagine having to look that regret in the eye ... every day. Having to talk to him, and try and be friends with him. It HAS to be hard, and these guys are only 22! They are young, and human, and still learning.

Peyton has EVERY right to fight for Lucas. Lindsey has every right to fight for him as well, he is her fiance after all. There is a point where you have to draw the line, and I promise you that day comes for Peyton. She has to try though. She already regrets losing Lucas 3 years ago, so she's not going to risk standing back and waiting, greatening the chance of risking losing him again.

Everyone, at some point in their life, has practiced selfish tendencies, and if you tell me you haven't, you are foolish, and young. Regardless of how big, or how small. For instance ... imagine being at a pizza buffet. You know there's only one slice of your favorite pizza left, and as you're walking up to the bar, someone comes walking along side you, headed for that last slice as well. Are you gonna sit here and tell me that you wouldn't be the least bit inclined to pick up your pace, just a tad, to get to that slice first???? You would! GAWD! You are so selfish! Lol it's human nature to instinctively look out for numero uno in situations where you aren't familiar, or friendly, with the other person. They sure as heck aren't going to look out for you, so someone has to. No matter how big, or small, everyone, at some point in time has exhibited pursuit of their desires, a lot of the times, oblivious to the desires of those nearby. Peyton is taking a chance at getting Lucas back. That's it! If Lindsey and Lucas' relationship is so trusting, and secure, and strong ... ONE kiss, shouldn't affect the outcome. It should strengthen them, and allow them to open up a new level of honesty, and if they truly are meant to be, it will allow them to grow closer.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
And are we seriously saying that the LP fans are superior because they don't post in the ...episode discussion thread?
It's not just here. The LP/Peyton fanbase seems self-contained in genreal. And I didn't say their actions were superior. They are just different. More independant. More self-validating.

I happen to admire that. But maybe some other people dont.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

We are opening a new thread because we want our posters to have an outlet to discuss episodes. We know that it's important, but the nature of some of the posts in this thread is not okay, not appropriate, in some cases a violation of either OTH Board or Fan Forum rules, and will not be tolerated in this new thread.

Please, do not attack others for feeling a certain way, or having a certain opinion. Be respectful. If a handful of posters begin going back and forth with insults, sarcastic and/or rude remarks, we will step in and there will be consequences, potentially infractions. We've asked nicely, and we want to ask one more time now, too, despite the recent tone and commentary of some of the posts in this thread.

Remember to try and focus primarily on this particular episode, as it is an episode discussion thread for episode seven. There is no need for there to be posts that almost solely rehash events of previous seasons. It only leads to debates and fights and that is not what this thread is here for.

Please do not make generalizations about posters, fan bases, etc. because it really is not fair to anyone and does nothing but worsen the environment of the thread.

Thank you,

The OTH Moderators

- Bethany Joy

Last edited by shoots up a flare; 02-13-2008 at 03:30 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread