Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBuzz03 (View Post)
Well this is clearly not going in a constructive direction. Here's what I'll say...

Penny: Saying that you'll watch someone who is attractive, but not necessarily interesting, is ignorant in my opinion. The last time i checked, saying someone was ignorant (ie - ignoring common sense and/or logic) was not calling them a name, but I am very sorry if you misunderstood me and thought that it was.

DropsofJupiter: Clearly, you can't appreciate what I'm saying, and that's unfortunate. I find it interesting that you think you can post a sharply worded post that belittles one of the major characters on the show and not expect to get challenged on the matter, and when you do, it's seen as "preaching." But I've made my point: not everyone feels the way about Mouth that you do. So I'm done there.

genki: You are not waxing poetic. You are saying the very things I'm thinking, and it's important that our views have a place on this board as well. I choose to believe that most fans of OTH think like you do, and I appreciate your well-thought out responses.

And with that -- goodnight! And here's to many more interesting episodes of OTH ahead, with ALL of it's multi-faceted characters!
The thing is I like many many characters on OTH. I love Lucas and Peytong as individuals adn together. I started as a Jake/Peyton shipper. I also like brook and lucas at some points. I've always enjoyed Nathan and Haley. I like mouth and skills. I guess I just love the show and the way its written.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
when you post things like this, you wonder why people bite back with attacks on you.
Who wondering about what here? This person, without probable cause, basically called me superficial (in the present tense) and alluded to the world being a better off without more people like me. I think 'smart ass' is pretty tame in comparison. Especially when I intended it to be more sardonic than derogatory.

Quote:
The point is not only nerdy boys find this sort of sl interesting. There are young girls who find more than cute guys interesting. Some people actually are interested in watching a story unfold.
Well, I'm glad for that. Personally, Mouth could be hotter than 10 Jameses and I'd probably still find him boring.

Quote:
I find it interesting that you think you can post a sharply worded post that belittles one of the major characters on the show and not expect to get challenged on the matter, and when you do, it's seen as "preaching."
And what I find interesting is that for someone with at least a seemingly modicum of intelligence you don't understand why I (and others) would rebutt personal attacks against us that have nothing to do our belittlement of the characters on a television show. I personally don't care if you disagree with my opinions on Mouth. To tell you the truth I don't even feel strongly about him one way or the other. He's just kinda there for me. I don't *care* to debate about him. If you had said "He's a wonderful character blah blah blah. There are plenty of people who like him blah blah blah. I don't know about anybody else but seeing Mouth on the show does this for me blah blah blah" I probably wouldn't have responded to you at all.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Master Fan

Um OK first off I think this episode sucked so much effing ass. Let me just point out what I liked about it.

Haley bitch slapping Racho? Was bloody awesome. Also I loved the way she grabbed her face and kicked her out. Not to mention throwing the drink in her face before slapping her. Girl just bumped up to my favourite character on the show. Like wow. That rocked hardcore.

Haley and Skills? Awww. So cute. Loved how he defended her. "I told you I got the kids back." AWWW. So cute. Just thought I should mention that.

Bevin is stupid but it's cute. "I thought you and Nathan we're married?" HA!

Now with the suckage.

Um Brooke, and Victoria Secret? No, just no. How unrealistic. Also wow they showed Brooke in a really bad light in the episode. Lying to Haley? Twice? Three times? WTF?!?!?!

Brooke and Nathan being randomly all best friends? Whatever dude, totally bull. The sex tape was fraking stupid. Couldn't they at least cut his damn hair for the tape? Please. To make it a little more realistic. Poor Haley. This better not ruin Naley for me.

Lucas and Peyton make me vomit.

Is Racho a martyr all of a sudden? Like whatever. Seriously. If I haven't seen episodes before I might buy that, but since I have... I don't.

Mouth... For real now. I love you. I do... BUT come on. You just met the girl 3 days ago. Seriously dude chill. Also um glad Shelly decided to stick to being a real clean teen. Yeesh.

Dan and Karen? NO, NO, NO! Just say no. God I really hope she and Lucas find out he killed Keith.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
Old 02-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Absolute Fan

While strictly speaking about Lucas and Peyton, I was pretty pleased with this episode. The callbacks to S1 were very fantastic. I always love when a show references the past history of characters, especially Lucas and Peyton's history. It makes it feel like they're the same characters.

Also, I was prepared to be annoyed with Lucas lying to Peyton about his book, but that got handled nicely as well. That surprised me. Nice.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Extreme Fan

I love that on the show teenagers hang out before school, one girl has her own fashion line, another almost became the next American Idol and a pair of sixteen year olds got married... it's horny teenagers having sex that sends everyone into an uproar.

The whole show is a contrived fantasy. It's ridiculous, which is what makes it fun.

The fact that everyone takes it so seriously is a compliment to the writers that you love the characters so much that you'd care about something that is really only a minor plot point ultimately.

On a complete other note - wtf was wrong with Nathan's hair. That's the real issue someone needs to be concerned about.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by superscar (View Post)
I love that on the show teenagers hang out before school, one girl has her own fashion line, another almost became the next American Idol and a pair of sixteen year olds got married... it's horny teenagers having sex that sends everyone into an uproar.
That's the best thing I've read in this thread.
Ria
Old 02-15-2007, 01:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hey guys, we're closing episode discussion for now, it's gone way beyond the purpose of the thread and descended into personal insults and arguing. While we understand people are upset about a number of things, we can't allow this to continue. Please do not start another thread.

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread