Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Addicted Fan

and at her saying she saw a glimpse of the real Brooke that night.. Yeah, okay.

stalia
trice | tumblr
xxxLP_TLAxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxLP_TLAxxx (View Post)
Wait was she talking about 1.06? The episode where Brooke was drugged up and PH were siphoning gas?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe/hil/LP fan (View Post)
Wait was she talking about 1.06? The episode where Brooke was drugged up and PH were siphoning gas?
Yep.

stalia
trice | tumblr
xxxLP_TLAxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Extreme Fan

At least Brooke is FINALLY happy, good for her. I was hoping Rachel would show up, bah! LOL.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

Give her a week. I'm sure she'll be crying and throwing tantrums again before we know it.

I have nothing good to say about this episode or this season, which is the worst of the series imo, so I'll just say that the rewriting of BH's history is laughable and demonstrates the laziness of the writing staff. It couldn't be more obvious that they aren't even trying and if this episode doesn't prove it for some fans, then the promo for the next episode leaves no doubt.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxLP_TLAxxx (View Post)
Wasn't that hilarious?

Oh, OTH. You suck with remembering any actual history.
heartlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

Not impressed at all. It's so unfortunate that they actually spent time on things like Mia/Alex/Chase and Clay/Quinn/Katie! I'm SO glad that so many of you have commented on Haley's MOH speech because I hated it so much. It was so inaccurate and unnecessary. Just tell the truth! I'm so saddened by this. Their real story is beautiful... tell it. What about them being roommates in college and being there for each other time and time again? talk about those things, not a history that didn't exist. SO WEIRD. I thought that Jamie's speech was good, though. Very tolerable, and cute. I'm glad that Brooke is married and happy, she deserves it... but the episode wasn't great, it didn't feel as powerful as NH or LP. :\
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

^BH were roommates in college?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by carraboo (View Post)
-Haley's MOH speech was so interesting and informative. So when Haley was wanting Brooke to get hit by a bus, she was really sekritly thinking Brooke was a really really good person. And when Haley told brooke to her face she wasn't invited to her party, she was dreaming nightly about being her BFF and going to all the popular parties together? I DID NOT KNOW THAT.
-ummmm and alot of other stuff happened too. I have no more feelings about this ep.
Sadly but this is so true. That's Haley James that I fell in love and knew because she was so fiesty bitch back then, who doesn't take crap for popularity and parties and etc. I can't believe that this show has gone way beyond low than this. It's almost like they never cared to research on OTH's history to write something about it, like BH's speech. It sucks that half of their supposed to be beautiful speech is ruined by rewritten. It's sad. I have never seen other tv shows rewrite something that didn't happen in the past, but this show just takes the cake. Sad, sad!

I remember season two when Brooke invited her for slumber party and Haley surely didn't SEEM TOO excited about that becuase she was all about staying home by herself and listening to music or doing her homework. Sure that girl who would rather stay home and do nothing would want to take her offer without second thoughts and had a slumber party. It took Brooke to beg her for it. I mean really?!
deep within me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

So between Brooke not knowing her name, being passed out and then waking up just to say that Peyton/Haley wouldn’t even talk the next day did Haley see the real Brooke? LMAO. Lazy indeed.

And not only that. That night…it was PH bonding. What’s with the re-writing of history and the continued ignoring of Peyton to prop up Brooke? Oh BP are not BFF’s because Brooke was there for Peyton and now Peyton is not there for Brooke, oh that night wasn’t about PH it was about BH and Haley seeing the true Brooke. Yeah ok.

I will fanwank because I love Haley, that even though she didn’t care about being friends with Brooke/popularity…like all girls there was a time when she wondered…what it would be like. As a geek myself I can understand, but then at the end of the day we realize it’s not important... Eh who am I kidding…the show made is so CLEAR that Haley was never into that…even after marrying Nate. Very lazy writing. There's worse things on this show...so I will ignore it..becacause the Hales we all know and love...all the way back to S1...just don't touch my S1 Hales writers EVER AGAIN. OK. Thank you.

Quote:
but the episode wasn't great, it didn't feel as powerful as NH or LP.
True. Because this season they are not really trying, it’s all repetitive, or boring or focused on characters never cares about or ignoring big couples like NH. LAME. Super, super lame.

The HJ was cute, but Nate should have been there.

Last edited by diamond gothic; 02-01-2011 at 10:41 PM
diamond gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
So between Brooke not knowing her name, being passed out and then waking up just to say that Peyton/Haley wouldn’t even talk the next day did Haley see the real Brooke? LMAO. Lazy indeed.

And not only that. That night…it was PH bonding. What’s with the re-writing of history and the continued ignoring of Peyton to prop up Brooke? Oh BP are not BFF’s because Brooke was there for Peyton and now Peyton is not there for Brooke, oh that night wasn’t about PH it was about BH and Haley seeing the true Brooke. Yeah ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
the show made is so CLEAR that Haley was never into that…even after marrying Nate. Very lazy writing.
When she started saying those things my reaction was pretty much as follows:

And I didn't think about it being a Peyton and Haley bonding moment (I was so confused at how Haley always wanted to be BFFs with Brooke and how she saw the "real" Brooke when she was drunk and passed out...well, no, never mind, I won't go there with the joke I could very well make). But that's so true and it gives me a new, negative light on the episode.
Princess Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

I didn't really get the point of the rewrite. It was just weird, because it wasn't a jab at anyone, and it didn't really make BH's story any better either. Would've liked her to talk about how they became roomies and that's when she saw the real Brooke Davis... it would've been way better.

Regardless, I'm not going to complain 24/7. Mark's knowledge of his own show is obviously even less than that of a fan's, but we already knew this. It was a lovely speech though, so whatever. Joy delivered it really nicely and BH are love. Loved the part about how Brooke has the biggest heart, the best friends reference, the cuteness with the eyes, and the ILY at the end. So sweet.

As for the wedding, I've hated every single wedding on this show, but this one takes the cake. I even preferred LP's, and they're my least favorite couple ever lol. It was just SO cheesy that I couldn't take it seriously. My dislike for BJu aside, didn't like the montage and I thought Austin's delivery on his vows was awful. The guy just has no range as an actor imo. It's like he is talking about the weather. Joy had 10x more emotion than he did in her speech, which is good for me, but it shouldn't be like that.

Jamie's speech sucked. FF'd the rest of the episode.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Master Fan

I loved it. I thought it was a beautiful episode.
Leneoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

I got two words for this episode: Almost Perfect!

What I loved:

I loved the first scene with little Brooke outside of her house, and I loved how it tied in with the last scene with Mr & Mrs. Baker in the truck. Well done!

The fact that Brooke & Julian got married, obviously. Brooke's been my favorite character since the second episode so I'm thrilled to finally see her get the man of her dreams and the wedding she deserved. And the fact that she found the best guy that's ever been on the show only made things more awesome. Brooke/Sophia looked STUNNING! Hands down the most beautiful bride in the 8 seasons this show has been on, and it was definitely the best wedding this show's ever had imo. I loved that it didn't include a bunch of lame drama like someone getting kidnapped, someone driving a car off a bridge or someone getting hurt. It was a nice, normal wedding for once!
The vows were beautiful, though I couldn't help but think that it must have been slightly awkward for Sophia and Austin to film. Awkward or not, they did a great job with it and they both looked SO happy! B.Davis finally got the boy!

And I adored all the songs they had on the show tonight, the first one is fantastic, and Augustana's Sweet & Low was perfect as their wedding song. First wedding song I actually liked. The one at NH's second wedding was bad bad bad! Though not as bad as the one Mia sang at the LP one.

Now, there were some stuff I wasn't too fond of, the lack of Sylvia/Paul & Sylvia/Brooke scenes, Haley's butt ugly dress, Skills, Mia & Chase and last but not least, the Alex&Quinn.... friendship. It feels like they're trying to force them on us. Alex is too awesome to hang around with someone like Quinn. And for someone that's supposed to be a photographer, Quinn's not very good at her job.

But , all in all, probably one of the better episodes I've seen!
DirtySexyMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It was just SO cheesy that I couldn't take it seriously. My dislike for BJu aside, didn't like the montage and I thought Austin's delivery on his vows was awful.
agree with all of this. the montage was super badly done, the vows were just a bunch of cheesy words put together that had no basis in reality from what I've seen since they've been together, and austin and sophia really need to work on their facial expression versatility. I swear it's like watching the same scene over and over with them.

This was def the worst wedding ep the show has ever had. I think the fact that 95% of this ep discussion was about Haley's speech shows how un-memorable this ep was
Reply   Post New Thread