Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

[Episode Discussion] 6x09 - "Sympathy For The Devil"

Episode 6.09. "Sympathy for the Devil"

Airdate: November 3, 2008

The past comes home to roost as the residue of deception, anger and romantic mistrust permeates the lives of several Tree Hill residents. Nathan (James Lafferty) finds himself face-to-face with an old rival, Brooke (Sophia Bush) deals with someone who once hurt her, and Lucas’s (Chad Michael Murray) novel leads him into unchartered and threatening waters. Bradley Walsh directed the episode written by Michael Daniels.

-----------------------------------------------------------

RULES AND REMINDERS FOR THE EPISODE DISCUSSION THREAD

- Please respect others' opinions and remember not everyone will like or dislike the same things about the episode.

- Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.

- Please no bashing of producers, directors, writers, actors, fanbases or other posters. Please treat others with respect.

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
chocchipcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

Good episode so far
Old 11-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

im glad they are showing peyton/julian from the past
attract your dreams ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad too... although after watching that awkward scene between them at the end of last week I had a feeling it went something like that...

I'm not sure how awesome of an influence Sam is for Jamie....

I almost feel bad for Owen. Almost. If I wasn't shipping BL

That Dan/Lucas scene was intense yet short. That so wasn't how that Keith/Dan scene went down, I was hoping Dan would be truthful

ETA- OH GOD. Nathan going through that glass almost just made me cry! I even shouted out, "Oh god! Not again!" Then when Jamie asked him not to play anymore, the water works just came one step closer to coming out. Sheesh.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Any Naley scenes?????
mandybpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

why do brooke and owen always leave their car doors open!?!?!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandybpp (View Post)
Any Naley scenes?????
Yep, there were some. One just now actually. Very sweet.

Haley: What about the championship?
Nathan: If [Jamie/Haley] are the last two medals I get, I'll consider myself a happy man. None of this is worth not being able to hold my son when he's scared or hold my wife when she needs me.

(Or something to that effect. It was very sweet)
Old 11-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

im kind of glad we are getting to see this side of lucas---for some reason it made it seem like peyton was pining after lucas forever so it was kind of refreshing to see him on the other side...
Old 11-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Oh yeah, I'm really glad to see that she moved on after Lucas' proposal. She looked happy with Julian
Old 11-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

Julian is a PILF. He's sexy and seems like a pretty decent guy too. I like.

The promo for next week is garbage.

bethany joy |
lil souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed this episode. God, the Nathan slamball stuff made me so nervous, though, and then when he went through the window, I couldn't even breathe until we knew he was okay. That was a really great scene.

The Jamie/Sam stuff was very cute.

I wish we'd gotten more Haley tonight, though.

I was glad to see a storyline revolving around Keith's murder again tonight. This is why I'm liking Season 6 of OTH. It seems like it's dealing with a lot of stuff that has happened in the past while also dealing with the present and the future.

Is it bad that I thought Peyton and Julian were really cute together? I'm not a Leyton shipper, so I guess it's fine. They have a really nice chemistry. The flashbacks really made me believe their relationship. (Oh, but Peyton's hair in the flashbacks! ) It sucks that Lucas had to find out about it the way he did, though.

God, I'm loving Brooke and Owen! (I was pulling for Brucas, but at this point . . . I think Brooke deserves a guy like Owen. He's so nice. And hot! Not as hot as Nathan, but still scorching.) That scene when he was naked in the backseat of her car was absolutely hilarious! "Well, at least you think it's huge!"

I hope Mouth doesn't do anything with Gigi, because Millie is really awesome, and he'd be stupid to do anything that could harm his relationship with her.

This was another well-written episode. (These episodes lately have really had some great dialogue, I think.)

I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure what to make of the preview for next week. It seemed kind of all over the place.

-April
ICON
April7739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope we get more explantation the reason why Peyton pined after Lucas considering that she was "very" much in love with Julian, and then all of sudden she came to Tree Hill wanting Lucas back like that. I hope we get full story next week.

So far the episode is just okay, just okay.
deep within me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually thought Peyton and Julian were pretty cute. I find it interesting she fell in love again so fast. I thought Lucas was her one and only. If I was her I would dump Luke and jump back on the Julian wagon.

I'm interested to see the interaction between Brooke and Julian. Even though I'm not sure I would want Brooke to go after Peyton's sloppy second again.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
God, the Nathan slamball stuff made me so nervous, though, and then when he went through the window, I couldn't even breathe until we knew he was okay. That was a really great scene.
Oh man, me too! I seriously was holding my breath chanting "oh god, oh god!" I was so scared for him, I couldn't imagine how Haley and Jamie felt!

Quote:
The Jamie/Sam stuff was very cute.
I like that Haley said what she said at the game to her though, that Jamie really looks up to her and she had a chance to be a great role model.

Quote:
It seems like it's dealing with a lot of stuff that has happened in the past while also dealing with the present and the future.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I like the past stuff.

Quote:
Is it bad that I thought Peyton and Julian were really cute together? They have a really nice chemistry.
I thought they did too I really liked seeing their history. I'd take a guess simply by the fact that he still carries a picture of them together that he still has feelings for her. And it's odd that she didn't tell Lucas about their past. It's not like she cheated on Lucas with him; they had been over. I would have told him straight up before he found out that way. The way he found out seemed a bit more suspicious on her part than if she'd just have out and told him. But that's just my opinion.

Quote:
God, I'm loving Brooke and Owen! (I was pulling for Brucas, but at this point . . . I think Brooke deserves a guy like Owen. He's so nice. And hot!
I was thinking the same thing! I'm really pulling for BL, but at this point, Brooke deserves someone great and Owen seems like a really awesome guy

Quote:
I hope Mouth doesn't do anything with Gigi, because Millie is really awesome, and he'd be stupid to do anything that could harm his relationship with her.
I know, I agree. I really hope he doesn't. Gigi is so out of line, especially since knowing he has a girlfriend. But at the same time, Moth is a little out of line for allowing her to do that. Like he's mentioned it, but he lets her do it still.

Quote:
I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure what to make of the preview for next week. It seemed kind of all over the place.
Again, I agree. I can't wait to see next week's episode, the preview was all sorts of weird.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Loyal Fan

I thought the episode was kind of boring. I liked the FEW Haley scenes we got, she always amazes.

I actually didn't know that Nathan was going to go through the glass (again) so I was surprised by that and was actually holding my breath. It was kind of refreshing not to be spoiled on that haha. I am glad he said that HJ were the only trophies he needed and glad to move on from the slamball storyline. All though Nathan/James looks fine flying through the air

I like Julian, a lot! He is super hot and I didn't realize what a past Peyton and him actually had, I liked it! And I am a sort of Leyton fan! I like what Julian adds to this show and I can't wait to see more of him!

Oliver ღ Felicity
OneTreeHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread