Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Peyton being selfless for once, it's been a long time.
Amen, to that. I completely agree, it was actually nice to see Peyton being selfless for once.

I will surely break as I'm leaving the one I want to take.
xjoyusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

About Rachel smoking the pot...

In my H.S we used to have the courtyard and everyone was allowed to smoke out there. When they closed off the courtyard to everyone the girls would smoke in the 1st floor bathroom and it would just always reeks of cigrattes and weed. I was thinking to myself open back the courtyard idiots. stupid schools.

anyways the rachel smoking pot was the most random thing to me in the episode. i know she's always been like "bad" but seriously that seemed out of character to me even for her.

hey you know what surprised me...when everyone in the class was saying what brooke was and they said prom queen i said friendly lol seriously though in season 1 in the beginning she was trying to get a guy in the party at nathan's house and i kept thinking wow she's easy. i guess not so much anymore but it was the first thing that came to my mind.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
naturellebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just watched the episode, I loved it. it was deep and intense, very interesting and meaningful. I could see myself in some of the things said, especially by Glenda and Haley. I think it was one of the best OTH episodes

thins I liked

Lucas/Glenda the most interesting pairing, the one I liked the most. apparently so different, but similar in some way, when you look deeper. I think their talk was the most meaningful, together with Nathan/Peyton. Chad and the actress who plays Glenda have a very good chemistry and they were nice to watch. I loved to see Lucas wrote a novel, that's definitely something that fits his character perfectly. I liked what Glenda said, that Lucas is more than a single word and all of us is more than a single word. too often we give people a label. Lucas is definitely a lot of things, he has lot inside himself and Glenda just needed few minutes to see that. I liked it. Great job by Chad, he can play comedy and deep stuff with the same good intensity. his impressions were the best

Peyton/Nathan I liked them together. the 2 actors have great chemistry and it's nice to see the 2 characters can be friends even though their past of bad couple. I felt for Nathan when he talked about Deb

Mouth I was touched when he talked about Jimmy. I hope the truth about Keith's death comes out soon

Haley sometimes I felt and I still feel like I'm in the wrong moment and I don't belong to this world, so I loved her speech. Joy is adorable, gorgeous and very talented

what I didn't like

Brooke/Chase they are boring to me. I can't see any chemistry between the actors. I expected more from the "I'm not good enough" stuff. I think Sophia didn't have enough intesity
Old 02-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Addicted Fan

This one was different, I did miss the NH but I don't need a scene with them to make OTH brilliant.

I enjoy it for the show not two characters. That being said I guess I'm in the minority in that I disliked the Haley/Skills scenes, they felt slightly off to me. I never see these two alone together or seemingly such close friends and no amount of supposed discussion of it has brought me around to their supposed closeness.

This ep did no favours on that front for me. It felt off.

The N/P, I always enjoy Hil and James in scenes together, they're obviously close in RL and seem real friends. I enjoyed this ep for them, NP are so long ago and are such different people to who they used to be. I LOVE watching how they've changed.

Rachel continues to be a waste of air time, as does Lucas.
When your heart breaks u’ve gotta fight like hell to make sure you’re still alive…That pain you feel,that’s life,the confusion,the fear,that’s there to remind u that somewhere out there is something better,and that something is worth fighting for
*Romantic BroHo*
Nathans girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Peyton -- I totally got Peyton not wanting to be called a Prom Queen when the class had to put everyone into a category. Peyton has alway rejected the popular status. She never asked for it, she just is it (popular). I remember that when I was in High School, I never asked to be popular either, I just was, but it was never something that I enjoyed as much as some others who reveled in their popularity. Peyton is the same way. I'm not exactly like Peyton, but I understand her feelings of that subject. Peyton has always been "the popular girl who could care less about popularity." It's not like she wants to be called a loner because she doesn't now who she is. It's that she does know who she is, but other people see her as they want to, despite how she sees herself. That's what this episode is about -- how others see you. Although, given how broody Peyton was back in Season 1, I would think that the class would have put her under the title "Broody cheerleadrer." There are three different types of popuar people: The popular person who loves being popular and strives for it daily , the popular person who is popular just because he or she talks to a lot of people (the friendly popular), and the popular person like Peyton, who tries to keep to herself, but everyone knows who you are because you're pretty and you're dating a jock, or if you're a jock, most likely dating a cheerleader. One type of popular doesn't fit all. Still, the class only had one type of popular to choose from for her and they chose "Prom Queen"...no different than the title of her childhood best friend, Brooke Davis.

Nathan and Peyton -- Wow, don't throw tomatoes at me LP and NH fans, I'm a LP and NH fan too, as everyone knows ny now, but I was totally feeling the chemistry between Nathan and Peyton, and by chemistry, I mean "romantic"... HALT THE TOMATOES, I SAY! I know that Nathan and Peyton don't have romantc feelings for each other, though they will alwys hold a special piece of their romantic past in their hearts. I'm certain that most NH fans would rather them stop mentioning that special NP place in their hearts though...as much as they sometimes do. It's not like Nathan and Peyton were good together. However, as of Nathan writing Peyton's initials on his weight-lift machine, I felt that made complete sense, even with the two of them having had plenty of bad times together for most of their past "romance." It appears that they had this whole love-hate relationship. They weren't really in love with each other, but the romantic feelings were there for each other when they dated, and the anger between them was like their special bond. Hate can be just as powerful as love, and be just as much an inspiration as anything else. And I feel that Nathan writing Peyton's initials on his weight-lift machine was him thinking about how angry he was with her, like most likely after any argument they had, he would take his frustration out in lifting those weights. Possibly with the hope of making things up to her, other times with being so damn furious with her, that fury carried over into his weight lifting and gave him some kind of inspiration, like in an "I'll show her" way.

Bevin -- Does Bevin have transgender feelings? Is Mark tryng to tell us something by having Bevin say she would have liked to be a boy/man at least once? Is he saying she just has random transgender feelings like some people do? Or is Mark suggesting that Bevin doesn't just have transgender feelings, like a crossdresser does, Bevin is actually transgendered and in five years, she will have already gotten a "sex change" and will be called Devin instead of Bevin? Oh, I should really stop typing any of that. If Mark hasn't already thought of this, I don't want Mark going with this storyline, because I like Bevin just fine as the woman she is, and it would at least take her getting the transitional surgery right after High School to make it believable that in five years, she would look somewhat enough like a man, but even that would NOT be realistic since it would be just too soon for her to get surgery without the transitional process (which would take a longer, but a year before you can get the surgery...unless you go to Thailand or wherever else that isn't the United States). And for anyone wondering what transgender means, since there's always someone who doesn't know, I mean transsexual feelings. A transgender person will always be biologically what sex they were born as (just like we are), but they don't identify with the gender role assigned to them at birth, like a woman who says she feels that she should have been born a man, or feels like a man trapped inside of a woman's body.

What I really like from Bevin this episode was, however, is how she seemed totally ditzy one moment, then in the next moment, this deep-articulate person, says something profound to Rachel, and clicked right back into her dumb persona. Was Mark trying to say that Bevin as stupid this whole time was just an act? All of that couldn't have been an act. The wrong way that she took that picture of Rachel at the end of this episode seemed to suggest that she still had a little genuine ditz to her. I know that some people feel that Bevin took the picture that way on purpose, but, hmm... So many questions on Bevin.

Glenda and Lucas -- I loved the dismay and subtle shock that Glenda's mother showed at Lucas, a popular good-looking guy, being so interested in talking to her daughter -- a daughter she happens to berate.

Mouth and Shelly -- Boring. I didn't like them together romantically.

Brooke and Chase -- They were great together yet again.

Skills and Haley -- Well, everyone else has already summed up how great they were together in this episode.

On the subject of this being a small town -- Thus they should all know each other, because it's a small town. That's just not true. Even in a small town, everyone is not going to know each other, and I'm certain that there is more than one Elementary School, Middle School, or High School in Tree Hill. It was very believable that some of these kids not know each other, or really pay attention to some people's faces to know to recognize them. The only thing I felt might be off is Lucas not knowing Glenda's name. I mean, they've been in class together for a while now, but he and a few others in that class may still not know each other's name or last name, after having it being called during the list of names that the teacher says in the morning to make sure that all of his or her students are in class? Talk about about oblivious. But I guess it happens sometimes. It's just that when I was in High School going to class with people for a year, I knew everybody's name in that class. Not the whole school, but in that class, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinCess
Haley is amazing, I really love her character. She is realistic and she is the girl you expect to breakdown in the middle of nowhere, I think. It is just really sad that they have portrayed her as a girl who intended on getting pregnant. She is dealing with the pregnancy like she is an adult, and it is a wrong signal to send out, especially considering the fact that they wanted to send a message out to the viewers with this episode. They could have shown a breakdown from her side, you know. She is only 17, only 17. I am 16, and the mere thought of being pregnant scares me like nothing else.
See, I didn't see it as the writers portraying a young woman who intended to get pregnant. And Haley is an adult. I know that some people still view 17-year-olds or 18-year-olds as kids, because in a large part, they still haven't been considered an adult for long. But I like that Haley is dealing with the pregnancy as an adult, because if she's 18, which I would feel that all the main five are since they got into that strip club, and you have to be age 18 to get into a strip club, then she (all of them) are considered legal adults. And I love Haley's grown-up attitude to this whole thing. She knows she has a baby to think about now, and that's what mothers do. I do wish we could have seen more emotonal breakdown on Haley's part though. I agree with that. Even some adult women, who didn't expect to get pregnant, have an emotional breakdown scene or two where they feel they won't be able to take care of their child, or are afraid to bring a child into this world.

“Brooke’s great, but she’s not you.”

One represents the state of mind of want in which want can always be changed.

The second represents a direct comparison of the two girls in which one can never compare to the other; the true love can never be outdone.

Last edited by SYLER; 02-08-2007 at 04:47 PM
SYLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

Kinda late but I wanted to say my review of the ep.

I Loved this ep! Mark did another wonderful write. He never dissapoints me at all and this one proved that.

What I love about all Mark's episodes just like this one is that there is always a meaning and message or sorts to be taken from it. I like how he incorporated that into the school project the kids did. It was really neat.

The Haley and Skillz scenes rocked. I love them together, and it was nice to see Haley with some of the RC gang again. I hope this means more interaction for them for eps to come! I really enjoyed when Haley said how she felt like she didnt fit in. I can relate to that in alot of ways, so I appreciated that comment. It was something I could really see her saying too, so Im glad that line was in there. And how effin cute were their pics. Gah. I loved when he picked her up! His comment about her being heavy was so funny.

The Nathan and Peyton scenes were good. I honestly wasn't looking forward to them at all. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was though. I know some felt that there was flirtage but I didnt get that at all. Yes, I didn't like some of his comments to her like him saying how they used to be good together or seeing 'ps' on the weights. I could of done without that, but in the longrun it only helped me to appreciate him even more and how much he has changed and grown as a man. His comments about wanting Haley and his son to be happy just melted me. All he wants is for them to be happy, and in doing so then he will too was a great line. This pregnancy finally seems to becoming real to him. Im hoping for more NH talk about their fears.

I was shocked that Rach was doing drugs. LOL. When did that happen? That kiss was so funny. Bev cracks me up. Im so glad she stood up to her in the bathroom. Its about time she did that.

The Brooke/Chase and Shelly/Mouth stuff was great too. I really like BC and SM were cute too.

I must say my fav part of the whole ep was the impersenations. Joy of course rocked, but Chad didnt do too bad either. The gollum was my fav one. Kinda bumed there was no NH in the ep, but Im sure future eps will make up for that.

Icon: Cynthia
Kenjigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Don't want to interrupt the discussion, but does anyone have quotes/transcripts from last night? I'm looking for Bevin's speech, and pretty much the entire transcript to the opening scene in the classroom.

But if anyone has Bevin's speech already, I would really appreciate them posting it
Old 02-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

I thought this was in some ways, quite a moving episode. There was a lot going on, but I quite liked the short fleeting moments we spent with each of the pairings.

First things first - the teacher is an idiot. "You are who your friends see you??!" That is so not true. I wasn't sure what the whole point of this particular exercise was either - to learn something new about another person, and consequently something about yourself? I guess that's fair, but I don't think that should pre-empt academic lessons, but that's probably just me being grouchy. I understood, that it really is just the creation of an incident that would allow, us, the viewers to sneak a peek at the world of Tree Hill high, and connect it with our own experiences of high school and life in general.

I think this episode speaks to a particular brand of people - those who are perhaps more introspective will appreciate the self-awareness that this group of teenagers display. I think I'll start with my favourite pairing - Nathan/Peyton. Unlike Syler, I did not think I saw any romantic feelings between the two of them, but there was definitely a spark there in large part due to their shared history. In many ways, I think Peyton understands Nathan on a level that Haley doesn't. This isn't to say that Peyton gets Nathan more than Haley (before everyone starts throwing bricks at me), but that there is a different kind of understanding. It's not a difference of degree, but one of kind. Perhaps, this is because she used to go out with the bad-boy Nate, and grew up with him, and she still has that sense of wonder and awe at his complete transformation from spoiled, jock to soon-to-be father. I think this understanding, coupled with the jokey remarks about their past, and the very relaxed atmospher of the high school gym playing around with a basketball - less flirty, more buddy-buddy as I saw it - put Nathan at ease enough such that he was willing to open up more so than we have seen him before. Peyton is a good friend, contrary to what some people on here are suggesting - and her advice is good advice. Nathan has no vision of himself and where he wants to be as a person. In that situation, I think it is perfectly reasonable for her to advice Nathan to find a balance between his needs and the needs of his loved ones.

I absolutely loved Luke and Glenda. At first, I thought she was a moody cow, to be frank, but I liked the slow revelation of the more human side to her character. I thought that pairing went really well, as Luke was very much suited to connect to her, him being a bit of a loner, and not quite fitting in as well. I liked that we got a chance to hear about Glenda's problems with her mum, and I do think, that although not all may be goths, a fair number of people in high school can relate to Glenda alot. Like Brooke, she is basically insecure due to parental neglect - except hers manifests itself in withdrawal from normal society. She isn't quite sure how people will react to her, and so because she'd rather not be seen as this sad, pathetic figure, she instead tries to find a niche and comes across as arrogant and angry, almost revelling in her exclusiveness when she is anything but. We got to hear about Luke's dream of becoming a writer as well. I don't think this is out of the blue at all - Luke has always been interested in literature, he told his mum on his college road trip last year that he wanted to do literature at UNC, and we have seen him writing about his experiences on his laptop. When Luke ran after Glenda in the car, and pushed the manuscript in her hand, and basically just was nice to her in light of her revelations about her mother - I felt so proud of Luke at that moment, and that simple and natural gesture really made me appreciate what a good kid he is all over again.

I liked the Mouth/Shelly scenes, but I do somehow wish that she didn't say he was hot. I think this might be Mark portraying his own high school fantasies onto that pairing! It would have seemed so much more natural for this to be, less romance, and more the beginning of a frienship. Haley and Skills, as have been said on this thread were superb together. Incisive, witty, and comfortable with each other - there's a real naturalness in these scenes. I'm not quite sure if either of them learned anything new about the other, or about themselves though (which is the whole point of the exercise I presume), but I think that is to be expected given that the kind of relationship they have. There almost seems like there's nothing new to learn, such is the ease they have round each other! I thought Brooke/Chase was a good idea in principle, I was so-so about it in 4.12 but I cannot stand them together in 4.13. Brooke is far and away too good for Chase. Chase is a prick pure and simple. He's a self-righteous know-it-all who should leave Tree Hill and not come back. It would help if the writers made Chase seem a little less self-assured, and we heard abit more about him, but the relationship seems remarkably one-sided to me. I think it was interesting though how open Brooke was. She really does put herself out there in more ways than one. I'm not a BL fan, but I do wish that she had mentioned her relationship with Luke as one of the causes for her feeling that she's not enough. It would only be natural for it to play on her mind, and though the allusion to her parents was sobering, I think if she was truly honest, what bothers her more now, is LP than her parents not calling. Rachel/Bevin scenes surprised me really. I expected it to be funnier, and more entertaining, but I must say I was bored with them, until Bevin's spiel at the very end. What she said was so true, and I'm definitely warming more to Bevin than to Rachel at the moment. I wish Bevin had been made a season regular as opposed to Rachel. She seems a lot more interesting, and contrary to her outside appearance, she's got a lot more depth as well.

All in all a good episode, that I could relate to. It's normal high school stuff, not too much drama, it doesn't drive the plot, but it does help us understand the characters a bit more, which I think is just as important as dramatic, tension-filled storylines.
JusW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
I do wish that she had mentioned her relationship with Luke as one of the causes for her feeling that she's not enough. It would only be natural for it to play on her mind, and though the allusion to her parents was sobering, I think if she was truly honest, what bothers her more now, is LP than her parents not calling.
IA JusW and I wish we could learn more about Brooke's neglectful parents and the effect it has had on her life.
Rosebud55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
About Rachel smoking the pot...

In my H.S we used to have the courtyard and everyone was allowed to smoke out there. When they closed off the courtyard to everyone the girls would smoke in the 1st floor bathroom and it would just always reeks of cigrattes and weed. I was thinking to myself open back the courtyard idiots. stupid schools.

anyways the rachel smoking pot was the most random thing to me in the episode. i know she's always been like "bad" but seriously that seemed out of character to me even for her.

hey you know what surprised me...when everyone in the class was saying what brooke was and they said prom queen i said friendly lol seriously though in season 1 in the beginning she was trying to get a guy in the party at nathan's house and i kept thinking wow she's easy. i guess not so much anymore but it was the first thing that came to my mind.
About the Brooke "prom queen and friendly" thing. My sister just watches every once in a while but she did view all of season 1 and she yelled out "friendly" too. Just thought that was funny.
Pretty Little Liars
TSOneTreeHillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Absolute Fan

I loved loved LOVED this episode! The pairings were really good and I love how each storyline played out.

Nathan/Peyton: I was a little "iffy" about this one just because of the previews. I'm glad that NP are really good friends and can tell each other stuff, but I don't see how NP can keep bringing up things about how they were good together. I'm glad Peyton pointed out how horrible they were together. But they make really cute friends! Loved Nate's pic at the end.

Haley/Skills: Adorable! I've always wanted to see the two of them interact and it was exactly what I expected. Haley's impersonations were hilarious! I especially loved the Joey Potter one b/c Katie Holmes use to get on my nerves so bad with the way she acted (loved D/J tho). But their scenes were really good.

Lucas/Glinda: I love Glinda! I've liked her since we were first introduced to her in the 3rd season. And I thinks she's really pretty. I like how Lucas and Glinda learned more about each other and how certain colors came out of each of them.

Brooke/Chase: I'm in love with this couple! He's so cute and he really brings the best out in Brooke. I can't wait to see more with this couple. "Shh..don't tell anyone..it's a secret" (my fav. part!)

Mouth/Shelly: I LOVE LOVE LOVED them! I loved their chemistry and when she said he was hot...my heart did this little flip flop b/c i've always wanted someone to say that to Mouth. And their kiss!! So cute! I'm glad Mouth has finally found someone! I jsut dont see how a lot of you think they're boring! They're a great addition!

Rachel/Bevin: I can't stand Rachel, but I love Bevin! Rachel didn't do much but smoke pot, so I can't comment on her. But I loved Bevin standing up for herself!

Did i leave anyone out? But I think all schools should do this project. Kids are so out of touch with each other nowadays. They just don't understand each other and a lot of them don't want to. I wish we had of done this when I was back in school.
All in all a great episode!

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
LuvinJames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

Rachel smoking pot was so lame. You are NOT Kaitlin Cooper. It just had to be in there because of the whole "breakfast club" thing. Meh.

And I agree with whoever said that Lucas didn't have to know Glenda's last name. And myself. Come on. He's not obligated to know the last names of people he's never talked to before. Glenda acted the same way that time Brooke didn't know who she was. I don't like Glenda. It's not like she ever went out of her way to talk to Lucas either and I doubt she knows the last name of every single kid in her senior class. Ugh she sucks.

And Nathan is so not a martyr. Wtf forever.
rose parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Master Fan

Yes, they all went to school tgether, but nobody knew who Lucas was, or bothered to talk to him until he joined the basketball team (other than his RC buddies and Haley) and I'm sure that it works in other cases as well.

I lOVED this episode. It was nice to see that these "perfect" people have the fears of "normal" people. Most specifically Brooke.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Total Fan

Last night was great! Another wonderful ensemble episode.

Nathan/Peyton
- I enjoyed them last night. It is refreshing to see a couple be friends after coming from where they came from. Peyton was a good friend by reminding him not to forget his dream too. That is easy to do when you love someone. You focus on their happiness. The impressions were fun. I have not seen this Borat movie, but I assume it is funny. How great was Peyton with her whistling to break the tension? A sign of a good friend. I really related with Nathan etching her initials in the weights. I did plenty of that in my past.

Lucas/Glenda - How much do I love Glenda? They were good together. I felt so sorry for her when she talked about her mom. Lucas was great by giving her the manuscript to read and calling her mother by her last name. That was priceless!

Mouth/Shelly - I so wanted them to hook up. I think they have good chemistry.

Skills/Haley - I loved how Mark brought these two together. Cool Haley admitting that she didn't feel comfortable in her skin; I know we have all been there. I loved how the "clowns" came up. I loved their picture together, him holding her. So cute.

Bevin/Rachel - I have a new respect for Bevin. I am happy she got some great lines last night. I felt for her when she talked about letting people think she was dumb and that when she leaves school, she would reinvent herself. Then she kisses Rachel and all seriousness went out the window. When Rachel pulled out the joint, I was like "Oh Rachel! You never surprise!"

Brooke/Chase - I love Brooke but I am just not feeling these two for some reason. Maybe I need more time.

The Teacher - I enjoyed the Teacher. I had several teachers like him that made you think. Those are the ones you remember.

Thanks to Mark Schwahn for another great episode! Enjoyed it so much!

Last edited by loveatlanta; 02-08-2007 at 08:05 PM
loveatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

Anyone else notice that the Teacher was the Janitor IN The Breakfast Club??

I am with everyone on Haley and Skillz being great.
That was so very real.

I am actually commenting on the Bevin/transgender thing.
I dont think they really meant it as Bevin wanted to be a man per say...
But I think she might want to do stuff or be like a guy. The confidence part and stuff, I believe guys look and do things differently and are able too with more ease. Gender is fluid.
Merlin_Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread