Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Master Fan

Um...Nikki is Jake's baby momma? No! Ew. Isn't she like, twenty-five?

I missed the episode and I'm VCR-challenged(meaning I can't program to save my life), so can anyone break down the Deb scandal for me. Is Nathan really emancipated? What's he going to do, work at Karen's? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Why I can't remember to set the VCR is beyond me - this is like the third time this season, and now I find out that it's before a hiatus. Great, just great. Hah, maybe I'll see one of the ones I missed =P. I managed to catch the last half, but how did Lucas meet Nikki?
Old 03-03-2004, 12:56 AM
Extreme Fan

BROOKE: I LOVE YOU BROOKE. HAHA. Girl's got her snark back, ;]. Brooke was amazing tonight. She made the episode worth watching. Everything from her bitchy comments to the disappointing Peyton to her slamming the door in Lucas's face. Bitchy, sassy, snarky Brooke is back!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Peyton: I can understand why she might be frustrated, but she irked me when she had the nerve to snap back at Brooke. Peyton deserves everything that Brooke was giving her. And instead of being annoyed by it and naively think that it can go back to the way it was before; especially so soon, she should just stop making excuses. JMO, of course. I did feel a little bad for her, though. She really does care about her relationship with Brooke. Just...doesn't know how to fix her very big mistake. :T

Lucas: Complete and total manwhore. The little bit about owning up to his mistakes was nice, and I liked his little speech to Brooke towards the end of the ep, but if he thinks a few words will redeem himself, he is so wrong. Actions speak louder than words, hon. And when you tell go around fooling around with some random chick then say that you were wrong to fool around with Peyton, yea. Kinda making it hard to believe you there.

DEB. Ok. Am I the only one who thinks its irnoic and slightly hypocritical of her to bitch at Dan about the beach whore Carrie when she was the one who had an actual affair? Not that she didn't have a right to be mad about that, just saying. It kinda seems to me that the writer's just pulled the affair thing out of their butts. There was no little clues, or hints, no nothing. I don't know. Again, could be just me.

JAKE/Peyton/Jenny: JAKE! Awwww. Finally, we get to see more of the Jake! storyline. Peyton and Jenny were so cute together. I really loved Peyton and Jake! today. They are so adorable together. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Hell, Jake! is adorable just by himself [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] We need to see more Jake!

Nikki: Yea. Kinda old. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]HA. I don't like her. She's like a ****tier and unlikable version of earlier Brooke.

Haley:: Fangirl!Haley was so cute [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Yea...but I feel as though she was just a filler. Why the hell do great actresses like BJL get so little screentime when a ****tier black haired version of Eve[DC] gets to be Jenny's mom? Haley needs more airtime. Now *her* story I would love to see.

Emancipation: Is that how you spell it? heh. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean, it's understandable why Nathan wants to do it. But he's only SIXTEEN. :T

[ 03-03-2004: Message edited bittersweetxkid ]

-esther
bitterkidxsweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 01:22 AM
Extreme Fan

As a woman, I just couldn't help but cheer.

And as a straight woman...hell, I wanted to jump Brooke anyway. Not that that is different than normal.

So snarky, so hot, so angry. So real. And such a tough ****ing bitch, I was behind her 100%. Maybe 200. But anyway.

Lucas, you weak ass pussyface. Quit whining, you self-righteous son of a bitch. Stop taking Nate's screen time. I hate you. Die. Give Tristan back to GG, thanks.

Haley, kiss Nathan or I will hurt you. WTF, woman, he's hot, get it on.

Jake, I love you. Why do you have such excellent chemistry with that worthless bitch, Peyton?

Worthless bitch Peyton, why must you be such a good match with Jake, whom I love more than about 3980493280349 of you? You deserved everything you got from Brooke and keep taking it. You're lucky to be alive. My best friend wouldn't be. Too little, too late. Suffer. Die.

Nathan, my dearest love. Why are you not getting it on in front of the camera? I'm most disappointed. Your mom and dad are bitches, yeah. Definitely kick 'em. You and a mustang, though? That's a hot pairing.

Keith. Honestly, stop whining. Of all the things that Dan has done, why are you freaking because he is using *his name* for *his new auto shop*--no, not THAT...or has someone in charge of his service department. Honestly. WTF did you think? You're wasting Nathan's screen time.

Brooke--again. You rock. I love you. It should be every woman's goal to be that tough.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

i didnt know skillz goes to Tree Hill High, too. why hasnt lucas hung out with him in school before? weird.
dorqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

I was surprised that Nikki is Jenny's mother. But considering her lifestyle that consists of drinking, "tricks", and seducing younger men, I now know why someone of her character would not take responsibility for her actions. I hope she doesn't try to take Jenny away from Jake. Jenny is his life.

I laughed at all of Brooke's comments, but like most , I thought she was being a little dramatic. My favourite scene was when she called Peyton a skinny blonde bitch, and when she watched the movie with the weeping girl and said "get it together" or something like that.

I'm glad that Lucas owned up to his mistake, but I kind of felt that his mother was too easy on him. I can't wait to see his reaction when he finds out about Nikki and Jake.

And Keith--I guess desperate times call for desperate measures, but he KNOWS Dan. Like someone said earlier, Dan is the Devil. He screws everyone over.
I definitely think that Nathan needs a break from both parents.

I like that Haley got to see Sheryl Crow, but I want to know more about Haley's background. It just seems like she's in the background sometimes. The writers make her out to be the sidekick. I do like that she is the most lighthearted out of everyone though. But I kind of rolled my eyes at her "minus one spleen" comment. If she had said it to someone else, it would have come off as insensitve, but Lucas was really self involved in this episode, so I guess he deserved it.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

After reading the comments I'm so glad I decided to skip this episode over and probably the rest of OTH as I know it.

The show blows, it has no writing skill and it drags unreal/ridiculous storylines for too long.

I believe they made a huge mistake turning an ok, interesting show about brothers into a cheap remake of 90210. Cheesy couple plot ruins everything.

Edited- Maybe I'm too old for this show. I kept researching I saw almost everyone that watches/loves this show is 14-17.

I expect more out of shows and I can no longer relate as much with the HS tv crowd. Yet deep down I feel the show is not very good in anything it does out of its limited range.

[ 03-03-2004: Message edited ROCKSTAR ]
Old 03-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

So is Nathan really emancipated now? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I didn't understand it when they did it with Michael on Roswell four years ago and I don't get it now.

Aww, Nathan and Haley in the cafe watching Sheryl Crow? [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Sounds so cute.

Brooke finally told off Peyton/Lucass. Wee! You go, girl.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

So are Hayley and Nathan even a couple anymore? They make great friends, sure, but where's the cuteness and passion we saw the first half of the season? They're being completely ignored, and it sucks.

And not that I don't sympathize with Nathan and his problems. But do these two ever talk about anything else besides Nate's latest problem? What about giving Hayley an actual storyline, extreme I know, but it can be done.

Deb's problem was too predictable as it has been said, but I feel bad for her.

Dan is an ass.

I love Keith, and I can't believe he trusted Dan.

Lucas, you manwhore. Talking about owning up to mistakes, and doing the right thing, when just that night he'd been drinking and had sex with a total stranger. And didn't Karen smell the alcohol by the way? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I love Brooke! You tell 'em!

Jake, how do I love thee, let me count the ways.

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>
The show blows, it has no writing skill and it drags unreal/ridiculous storylines for too long.

I believe they made a huge mistake turning an ok, interesting show about brothers into a cheap remake of 90210. Cheesy couple plot ruins everything.

</STRONG>
I have the same problem. Whatever was original about the show is gone. And the writing sucks, so does the editing. I love all the actors, because I think they're talented, but each week, the show gets worse, and worse.

At this point I'm only hanging on because I love, love Jake, and I'm drawn to the idea of Jake/Peyton.

PR
icon-Becca (onelove.oneheart)
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I feel the same way. I still like the show and all and am giving hope that something more interesting will happen soon but I hate how they have Lucas cheating on Brooke with Peyton and than have him with some ****. I thought that was pretty dull. I also kinda wished that Nathan and Haley didnt get together so fast but I do like them as a couple. The only thing I am looking forward to in watching the show is for Karen/Keith, and Peyton/Jake.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:23 PM
Extreme Fan

We need to let the WB know how we feel about where the writers are taking (or aren't taking) the relationship between Nathan & Haley!! A small group of us are flooding the OTH Feedback section on the WB website with complaints about what the writers are doing to this couple. PLEASE JOIN US! Go to www.thewb.com. There are a few different OTH feedback sections currently in progress on that site. Find all of them and voice your opinion!!

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!
Go Huskers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Nikki: I agree with most of what you said.

Dan, is a jerk. He doesn't deserve a family.

Nathan: I'm glad he's not living with either one of them, but especially Dan. I think that Deb made a mistake but I think they're being way too dramatic about what she did, considering all that Dan has done! I think that him and Haley are a couple. They don't have to be kissing and stuff all the time. He's going through a bad time so I think their minds are on his problems right now. I'm thinking though, that when Dan finds out she's the mastermind on the emancipation idea, that he does something to hurt her. I certainly wouldn't put it past him!

Lucas & Peyton: I think it's their fault about all of the mess they're in! If Peyton hadn't been so wishy-washy about Lucas in the first place, he wouldn't have went with Brooke. Didn't understand at all him being with that girl last night either. Very unlike his character.

Karen: I'm starting to think she's kind of stupid! I would never let Keith put his place up for sell in the first place. The girl should get a loan and give the money back to him! I don't really think it's Keith's responsibility to pay those bills in the first place!

What do you guys think about Karen mentioning about her and Deb being partners?
Old 03-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I couldn't believe that Lucas met a girl in a bar, Deb cheated on Dan when Nathan was at summer camp, Nathan not wanting to live with either of his parents, and Jake seeing Jenney's mum. I knew that the girl, that Lucas met, Nikki, would turn out to be Jenney's mom, I was like OMG.
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>

</STRONG>
I totally agree. The show is so poorly written that it's unbearable. The writers don't
know how to write compelling storylines or couples. There was so potential with
Brooke/Lucas with her need for love and trying to find it in sex while he has hard
time letting people into his life, and Lucas feelings of betrayal over Haley dating
Nathan, Lucas accident and Haley's mention to Nathan that she cheated on a test because she had to take care of her mother who was sick could have created several interesting storylines but instead the writers choose cheesy overdone plots like the Peyton/Lucas/Brooke triangle and have it take up most of the airtime while having Jenny's mother come back into her life after walking out on her, that
storyline is so predicable. Anyone who watches TV knows where it's going head
and knowing the writers they will some how find a way to put Lucas into the storyline.

If they don't make changes fast there's no way the show is going to last.
Crystal_Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Emancipation... I just don't know how well that would work, unless his parents were going to pay for his expenses or if he were to get a job.
I agree with this. I don't think Nathan is ready to live on his own. Don't get me wrong, I love the boy, but his whole life so far, everything has been handed to him on a silver platter. I don't think he realizes what it will be like having to pay rent and how much normal living expenses can cost. It's a totally different thing living on mommy and daddy’s money.

Jake and Peyton are too cute. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Wow, Lucas, another girl? How… interesting… [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Brooke is being a witch, but it's understandable. I'd be acting the same way if that had happened to me.

I felt so bad for Keith. I can't believe Dan would do that to him. Well, actually I can, but I thought for once Dan might be genuinely doing something to help him out. Guess I can cross that off of my list of things to ever happen on this show.
Reply   Post New Thread