Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2004, 04:57 PM
New Fan

again. i see the double standard. When Anna came into the picture everyone was bitchin about her coming in between seth and summer when they werent even together.

But this episode...when summer was a total whiny bitch about seth/anna's relationship, and it is obvious that she's trying to "get in between them". it's ok? come on give me a break. Summer was a total bitch last episode, i mean grow up girl. Lost every respect for her. She acted like a kid.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Camu:
<STRONG>again. i see the double standard. When Anna came into the picture everyone was bitchin about her coming in between seth and summer when they werent even together.

But this episode...when summer was a total whiny bitch about seth/anna's relationship, and it is obvious that she's trying to "get in between them". it's ok? come on give me a break. Summer was a total bitch last episode, i mean grow up girl. Lost every respect for her. She acted like a kid.</STRONG>
WORD! I would pay to see the reaction of anyone in here if they were with someone like Seth and Anna are right now and someone else would keep bugging in like Summer in last episode? If I were Anna, I would have been so angry and I would have been a real bitch to Summer. That's all the girl deserve after everything she did and said in the last episode. Can the girl act any younger? Seriously... if I am rationnal about this I can admit that she was a real bitch but if I think about the show as pure entertainement, I can laugh at Summer. She was funny but I am sorry, the rationnal part of me cannot help but want to slap her after what she did. I've never seen anyone act so childish.

Oh and as for Seth, well grow up also and stand up for yourself and Anna man. Grow some balls or something. Anna deserves so much better if Seth doesn't stand up at one point.

Some of you might think that they were acting older than they are but to be honest, do you really think they were about to sleep when Summer came in? Seriously... They were about to be more intimate and that's great IMO but god Summer came in. As for the golf outfits, I think they were totally Seth and Anna. Both characters are very unique in the way they dress so I was not surprise at all.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:17 PM
New Fan

thank god, i'm not the only one who saw summer as an immature little brat last episode. This whole thing about summer=great anna=bitch is totally irritating me. anna was great last episode and i dont think she did anything wrong. she was very patient with seth, AND very patient with Summer. If i was Anna i would have bitch slapped her, at least respect the relationship they are having right now. she has no right to barge in on anna and seth like that. she's taking advantage of the fact that anna and seth feels really bad for her, and still wants to be friends with her. she's conniving. i mean if you were going to say something mean about anna last episode i mean at least back it up, not some lame-ass excuse like "oh her hair was so ****ty last episode" or "talk about that lame golf outfit". geez.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:09 PM
Banned

I would like to say something about the Seth growing balls and standing up for his and Anna relationship in regards to Summer barging in on them. Too true but here's been my problem and MANY others too with this whole him "choosing" Anna thing; Seth NEVER displayed balls or maturity in that whole decision or hell this whole triangle. That's why I think Summer's behaviour by the writers was good because it re-emphasised that. Seth didnot make a solid, complete choice between Summer and Anna. He used a cop-out when Anna showed up, then spent last episode doing the whole avoidance with telling Summer, then when she asks him pointblank infront of Anna if he chose Anna, he says NO. I mean WTF? Personally I don't even know why ANNA is still with Seth. I know for me personally I've been most disappointed with Seth in that whole triangle and the truth is many people are. From making out with both girls on the same day in different rooms, then saying he wants to be just friends but jumping in bed with the first one who showed up on NYE at his house and then bull****ting for days on telling the other one and actually leaving it in the hands of the one girl (Anna) to tell the other girl (Summer) that he chose her; I mean HONESTLY. It's amazing because after last week's episode and Kirsten's avoidance to stand up to Hailey, I can see where Seth gets it.

Now on to other things, I'm sorry but are persons really not supposed to make fun of those golfing outfits? I mean really, are you kidding me? Did you SEE these things? It was like morphing into a Bob Hope special or something. Also, I know for me my thinking Adam and Samaire have no chemistry has little to do with Seth and Summer because we really haven't seen full-on makeout or romantic scenes with them so who knows, they might not have much either. However we have seen Seth and Anna and I'm sorry everytime Summer walked in I was right on the verge of snooze-ville watching those two. I'm sorry but a triangle where both couples are interesting can be done, i.e. Rory/Jess/Dean on Gilmore Girls was a fantastic love triangle. This for me isn't. The whole thing has seemed rushed and I am NOT seeing the great relationship between Seth and Anna. We've only witnessed a few interesting conversations and we're told she has all these things in common with him, that's it. I'm not saying there is an amazing relationship between Seth and Summer but it's believable to see where and how it can develop since the whole premise of the show in regards to Seth's character was his feelings for Summer.
lleykian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

I guess I missed the part, but I never saw Summer say that she wanted Seth. In fact it seemed like all episode she was being mean to Seth, and fortunately Anna was in the way, so she was affected too. The fact of the matter is that they are the ones that said they wanted to be friends. Summer is being a complete bitch, and I love that. So it is not a double standard for me to like Summer being a bitch, but not Anna being a bitch. One can pull it off, the other just seems annoying. Summer works for me, Anna doesn't. You are going to see things differntly than I am, and really I don't need you to see the things the way I do. I didn't see Summer trying to break them up, I saw Summer trying to annoy them. For two weeks they snuck around behind her back, please believe that I would want some payback too.

And really it is getting really sad that everything has to be a double standard. Is it a double standard that you had no problem with Anna coming in between Seth/Summer, but now have a problem with Summer doing it?? Situations are different, people see characters differently, it does not make them hypocritical at all, just honest.

Simone
Old 01-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Summer?

I think I'll pimp a very wise quote from the ep thread.

Quote:
Summer is just a toothache that won't go away. It's not funny or cute. It's just as pathetic and childish as Hailey's routine. Maybe they could be lesbian lovers.
X-6_494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

This episode was just alright for me. Marissa I could understand why she was so trusting of Oliver, because she identifies with him and over dosing and all his troubles. I just don't think she thinks its as bad as it is but I can definatly see Oliver screwing her over in the future. It sorta annoyed me how she was almost ignoring Ryan and not standing with him on this one. I mean, it is a strange guy and how would she like it if Ryan was spending a lot of time with some unknown girl? Not cool.

Haile? Didn't care too much about her to begin with. Drunk Sandy? Too funny for words!

I loved Luke. He is really changing from the jack@ss from before and at first I was like "What? How come he's an idiot now!" But I don't know, he's goofy and immature but he seems to be starting to have a good heart. Like what he said to Ryan this episode, he's suddenly becoming a good friend to him. And Luke and Summer together? Yea, I'd buy that! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Summer was hilarious in this episode! She was really the only thing to save it for me. The whole ramble at the beginning and the "AWESOME" just cracked me up. I don't think Summer is acting out of the ordinary in any way. Ok, well what exactly does Anna expect? For Summer to be completely peachy keen that Anna is now dating the guy who Summer clearly liked and liked her back for most of his life? Yea not happening! I know I'd totally have done the warm water/peed bed thing. Lol, yes I can be immature. It's like Anna just expects Summer to go away now when hello YOU were the one who told her that whole lame line of still wanting to be friends. I'm not saying its right but its a natural reaction that I almost feel Summer is entitled too because she was really screwed by this whole deal.
TinySweetHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TinySweetHeart:
<STRONG> I'm not saying its right but its a natural reaction that I almost feel Summer is entitled too because she was really screwed by this whole deal.</STRONG>
I agree. I think Seth is the first guy that Summer has fallen for in a long time, if ever really. I don't see Summer as the type to really fall for a guy. Seth got under her skin and as soon as she developed feelings for him, he went off with another girl. She's obviously very upset and I think she's entitled to get this stuff out of her system and if that means getting back at Seth by tormenting him, even if it is on the childish side.

King 05 I completely agree with your post [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Jewel

[ 01-14-2004: Message edited jewel21 ]
Old 01-14-2004, 11:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

They are 16, how old should they act. Really Summer is doing what most 16 year olds would do, actually she is doing what a lot of people do when they are hurt. She is getting revenge! The term payback is a bitch, didn't come out of no where! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Simone
Old 01-15-2004, 01:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by X-6_494:
<STRONG>Summer?

I think I'll pimp a very wise quote from the ep thread.

</STRONG>
grrrrr. steph! I love Summer! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And well what I wanted to say has already been said...besides the fact that I'm really disliking pretty much everyone except Summer, Luke, Kirsten & Sandy.
*Ledi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Dominique*:
<STRONG>

If I were Anna, I would have been so angry and I would have been a real bitch to Summer. </STRONG>
Anna pissed me off because she didn't do this, not slap Summer, but put her foot down. I'm a Summer fan, but she was totally acting like a brat, and it bugged me that S/A didn't do anything about it. Okay, Seth has confidence issues, but Anna never had problems being blunt with Summer before. I know they were trying to be nice to her, but you have to draw the line somewhere. When Summer jumped into Anna's car and took the front seat, if I was Anna I would have told her the seat was reserved and made her sit in the back.

I don't like the way the writers are handling Anna's character. She started off as semi-interesting, but she's become so boring lately. Nothing about her, accept her "look", is interesting. It's a shame, because the character had so much potential, she could have been a good female character, a nice balance between Marissa and Summer, but it seems wasted. Sorry if it seems like I'm bashing, but I'm am an Anna fan and it's fustrating what tptb have done with her character. That's just my opinion. Hopefully her character will improve again.

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited spazzie ]
spazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 06:10 PM
Loyal Fan

is everyone excited? less than 2 hours and counting.

"I'll be true, I'll be useful, I'll be cavalier, I'll be yours my dear, I'll belong to you if you just let me through."
Sarah R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 06:20 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm way excited. I saw the promo and it looked so good!

Jewel
Old 01-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

4 more hours for the westcoast
Old 01-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I ll be watching it in 8 minutes,15sec,14sec,13sec.

I have high hopes for this one [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]!

* Ana *
PiPaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread