Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2006, 01:42 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekFreak
The fact is, Marissa DID have fans. As did RM. I don't care that she left. I care that she had to DIE in a horrific way in Ryan's arms. The fans who loved them never got any respect or payoff for watching this show.
Here's the thing, TV shows? Don't owe anything to any group of fans. The only thing they owe their fans is to tell the story they (the producers and writers) want to tell. So it sucks for you that you never got to see what you wanted, but the showrunners have absolutely no responsibility to write you the pretty story you wanted.

They're doing what's best for the show.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-town Girl
Here's the thing, TV shows? Don't owe anything to any group of fans. The only thing they owe their fans is to tell the story they (the producers and writers) want to tell. So it sucks for you that you never got to see what you wanted, but the showrunners have absolutely no responsibility to write you the pretty story you wanted.

They're doing what's best for the show.
So much word.
For when Glinda chose to remember her youth at all...she could recall far more clearly how she and Elphie had shared a bed on the road to the Emerald City. How brave that had made her feel, and how vulnerable too.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The fans are the ones watching the show. Without them, there is no show. Thus, no story to tell.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i think fans will stick around for a little while longer.. the show will definately be different, and that might cause them to leave. i have been watching the show since episode 1 and i dont want to stop watching it, but if it sucks than i will.
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”
Old 05-21-2006, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I'm sure some fans will still watch, I'm not saying they won't. But I also think a group a fans won't watch because they were utterly screwed. That's all.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i am sure you are right i know what it is like to feel screwed over in a fandom, but i usually realize i like more to the show than just my ship
Old 05-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

so agree dayne. so sick of everyone blaming Marissa for everything

MB seems really happy to be off the show. I just read another interview

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 05-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i think marissa just wanted to be happy, but she was depressed all the time.
that is something that isnt her fault. although i think she could have done withouth the coke.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

nikita, I don't think she was depressed all the time. She looked happy here and there. In the finale, I think she looked some of the happiest I've seen her with the gang at the pool

I didn't think the show was Marissa centric as some people do

I hated the comic book storyline which had nothing to do with Marissa. The Sandy and Kirsten rift had nothing to do with Marissa. Seth and Summer had nothing to do with Marissa, Ryan and his girlfriend of the week had nothing to do with Marissa. She even gave them her blessing. Kirsten drinking had nothing to do with Marissa. Seth lying about getting into Brown had nothing to do with Marissa. Sandy's job had nothing to do with her either. Lindsey and Ryan breaking up every week had nothing to do with Marissa. She never tried to get in the way

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 05-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Supreme Fan

I don't think people who hates Marissa do it because they blame her for the storylines. I couldn't stand her, and the only part of The OC I hated was when she was drunk (every excuse was good.. ), everytime she used the boy/girl of the week to have revenge against someone (sex with Luke to have revenge against Ryan, dating DJ to have revenge against Julie, moving with Alex to have revenge against Julie and so on), she never trusted Ryan enough (I need to remind you of Oliver? don't think so), she confided always in someone else but Ryan, her dad and her mom want to be together again? They making a terrible thing to "her". Ryan is trying to make her feel better? Oh but he don't understand "her". So, I'm sorry if we don't see Marissa in the same light, but we're not trying to make you feel bad. I'm sorry for your ship, I've already been in your shoes many times but if I (like a lot of people) hate Marissa I can't tell you that I love her and I want her back, because I don't.
I don't think that the Zack/Summer/Seth storyline was crap, I don't think Kirsten probles was a bad storyline, I don't think return of Sandy ex grlfriend was crap, and I love Lindsay.
I'm really tired of all the people here or on other boards who bring on Lindsay and compare her to Marissa to say that Marissa is better (a thing that I'll never belive, because, again, I couldn't stand Marissa).
If MR shipper needs to blame the writers, the destiny or wathever it's ok, but you can't blame people that don't love Marissa or the others character, it's not like Seth, or Summer, or Lindsay killed Marissa, and it's not like Lindsay took Ryan away from her. All Marissa had to do was tell him that during summer she was with someone else, and they could move on "together" but Marissa never take responsability, she lied to Ryan instead, so don't be mad with the others for the lost time because it's no one fault

"You're adorable" - Misha Collins 31/05/09
"Where were you when I was twenty?"- Jim Beaver 04/04/10
Old 05-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

Marissa is better than Lindsay.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio Gio
Marissa is better than Lindsay.

Thank you for the news, now I'll love Marissa for sure anyway I think it's something called relativity

I was trying to focus on the subject, Marissa's death, but if you want to talk about Lindsay is fine by me

"You're adorable" - Misha Collins 31/05/09
"Where were you when I was twenty?"- Jim Beaver 04/04/10
Old 05-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

It all goes back down to the writing and how repetiive Josh is... I am sorry but Josh had every opportunity to fix everything that was broken and try to regain the show back to how it was NO instead he turned this show down in turmoil and in that because of his lack of creativeness the show lost its appealing including destoying the character of marissa before they could fix her.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamy
Thank you for the news, now I'll love Marissa for sure anyway I think it's something called relativity

I was trying to focus on the subject, Marissa's death, but if you want to talk about Lindsay is fine by me
You are free
Old 05-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiina**
It was a really sad scene. I even cried. I'm so glad they didn't throw in a last "I love you, don't leave me" or something cheesy like that. It was so much more realistic this way.
The thing is, when you ask most people what they would have said in that situation of their lover (or FORMER LOVER in which they still care about) dying in their arms, that Ryan and Marissa were in, they say that they would have definitely told the person they love that they love them before they died.

Saying “I love you” to the person you love is more of a reality in that type of situation. It’s more realistic, even if it had been only a friendship type of love. Though I definitely feel that Ryan and Marissa were still in love with each other. Their whole reasoning for breaking up romantically had more to do with the fact of “it not working out” than about not being in love with each other.

I admit that I am NOT a Marissa fan, but even I found myself thinking…“This is NOT a good decision to kill off Marissa, someone who is such a main character of the show, and is a part of such a main romantic couple of the show, regardless of if Mischa wanted to leave. As stated before, this is not some supernatural show, where they can just bring her back to life. Use the other way to take her off the show, such as her going off sailing around the world, or is too busy at college, far off at college in which this is why she is not on the show anymore. Whatever else…besides death.”

Although if Marissa had not died, Josh might have found reason to kill off another main character in the Season 3 finale, and that most likely would have been one of the parents.

But back on the topic of "Saying I love you”... It seemed as though Marissa was having a difficult enough time just uttering the word “stay” to Ryan, let alone to say anything else.

I liked how it was obvious that they were saying they were in love with each other with their eyes, without even saying it with words. Saying it while one is dying might have been too predictable for a television show, but had it been said, it still would have been very realistic.

“Brooke’s great, but she’s not you.”

One represents the state of mind of want in which want can always be changed.

The second represents a direct comparison of the two girls in which one can never compare to the other; the true love can never be outdone.

Last edited by SYLER; 05-21-2006 at 10:30 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread