Master Fan

i love the first and the last cap
Old 12-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the 1st, the 2nd and the 3rd
Thanks for posting
Old 12-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

Cyndie, would you have wanted Ryan & Lindsay to stay dating all of S2 with Trey coming and Trey never hurting Ryan or Lindsay (unlike the show where Trey hurts both Ryan and Marissa)?

And you're welcome guys.

Is it just me or does it look like Lindsay is checking Ryan out in the first one? It looks like she's trying to figure out the size of a specific body part... that I'm afraid I can't say on here.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

yes it kind of does
Old 12-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBabe (View Post)
Cyndie, would you have wanted Ryan & Lindsay to stay dating all of S2 with Trey coming and Trey never hurting Ryan or Lindsay (unlike the show where Trey hurts both Ryan and Marissa)?
hell yes, too bad you didn't write the show I just think the writers could have come up with a better plot than Trey trying to rape Ryan's girlfriend, I don't know, maybe leaving any girl out of the equation and focusing on the two of them and their past
Quote:
Is it just me or does it look like Lindsay is checking Ryan out in the first one? It looks like she's trying to figure out the size of a specific body part... that I'm afraid I can't say on here.
can't blame her though
Old 12-31-2010, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
hell yes, too bad you didn't write the show I just think the writers could have come up with a better plot than Trey trying to rape Ryan's girlfriend, I don't know, maybe leaving any girl out of the equation and focusing on the two of them and their past
LOL, sometimes I'm sure we all wish we wrote the show! I write fanfiction stories at least though.

By the way, I'm working on Ch. 2 of that Ryan & Lindsay fic so be on the look out for that.

But yes, the writers certainly could have. I hated how they always dumped all the drama on Marissa. I hate how her drama took the lime light and Ryan would get pushed to the side and put in the background when he was dating her. I did love the RM build up the second half of S2, but then they made it all about her again.

Of course they had to make Trey sexually assault her. They make everything bad happen to Marissa. It's like they'd stunt Ryan's character development when he was dating her, and that's something that irritated me because he's my favorite character!

That's why I sometimes ignore the writing and just focus on the characters. To me the characters are made by the actors (Ben made Ryan special for me by how he played him and how he looks He gave him so much depth. I love Shannon Lucio too )

...So if I am annoyed by a storyline or something going on with a couple, I just ignore the parts that annoy me.

It would have been much more interesting if the Ryan & Trey storyline was focused on them bonding and helping each other deal with their horrible upbringing. I always thought an interesting arc would be to have Ryan get severely injured because of something stupid Trey does (like drink and driving or hanging out with the wrong crowd who end up shooting the bait shop up and ryan getting shot). That way Trey would feel horrible and like his irresponsibility hurt his brother and only family left, and he'd be motivated to change his ways and become a great person and they'd bond as brothers as Ryan heals.

And aw, I wish Ryan & Lindsay lasted so much longer. It would have been so interesting for her to meet Trey, although I do still like RM (though not their storylines really).

Quote:
can't blame her though
No, you're right. Ryan is a hottie with a bangin' body. How could Lindsay resist or not fantasize?

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 12-31-2010 at 11:31 AM
Old 01-01-2011, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
No, you're right. Ryan is a hottie with a bangin' body. How could Lindsay resist or not fantasize?

i agree with what you said

and yes he is and yes he does
Old 01-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was so sad for Ryan when Lindsay left. He seemed heartbroken. He really had gone way out of his way for her in the relationship and was absolutely perfect to her, and I think he should have been enough for her to stay. I mean... she was what, 17? She was going to Yale at 18 anyway? What difference would it have made going back to Chicago with her mom for a year if she was leaving anyway? She minus well have stayed with Ryan. I didn't want them to write her character off. She should have also been at Caleb's funeral. I felt that the way the writers ended their relationship and just let go of her character didn't make any sense.

It was so sweet that Ryan wanted to visit her in Chicago as a surprise the day after she left though!

What I liked about their relationship was that we got to see the real Ryan Atwood shine through. Normally he put up this tough guy facade to mask the pain and vulnerability he felt on the inside brought on by his terrible childhood and having to grow up so soon. It was like he always carried the weight of the world on his shoulders, but when he was with Lindsay, we got to see his nerdy, goofier side and he opened up more freely to her, and made many sacrifices to make her happy and be there for her (because that's who Ryan is).

More caps:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2csgxgi.jpg
http://oi53.tinypic.com/6tpqit.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/1zn07bt.jpg

Love the caps

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 01-02-2011 at 12:17 PM Reason: quoted pics
swedish_girl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It would have been much more interesting if the Ryan & Trey storyline was focused on them bonding and helping each other deal with their horrible upbringing. I always thought an interesting arc would be to have Ryan get severely injured because of something stupid Trey does (like drink and driving or hanging out with the wrong crowd who end up shooting the bait shop up and ryan getting shot). That way Trey would feel horrible and like his irresponsibility hurt his brother and only family left, and he'd be motivated to change his ways and become a great person and they'd bond as brothers as Ryan heals.
I love it, great idea this is so much interesting than what we got to watch, their dynamic would have been completely different, that's for sure

Quote:
By the way, I'm working on Ch. 2 of that Ryan & Lindsay fic so be on the look out for that.
that's a fab news, let me know when you post it
Old 01-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Elite Fan

Aw, glad you like my ideas, Cyndie.

I definitely think the writers could have done that instead of again creating extra drama revolving around Marissa, which they always do.

I'll let you know for sure when I post Ch. 2 of the fic.

In the mean time, I made a new video yesterday and the first half features Lindsay. The second half features Sadie, Dawn, and Trey.

It's basically an exploration of Ryan's issues with abandonment.

I thought I'd post it in here, especially since half of it is Ryan & Lindsay from Ryan's point of view. The ending is so sad.

Poor Ryan!

Hope you guys like my new video:

YouTube - Ryan Atwood--[Yesterday]
Old 01-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The ending is indeed heartbreaking what a beautiful vid, loved it thanks for sharing
Old 01-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm just about to watch your Ryan vid in Ben's thread, Theresa.
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Okay Naomi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
The ending is indeed heartbreaking what a beautiful vid, loved it thanks for sharing
Aw, Thank you so much, Cyndie. I'm so very glad you enjoyed it. You're very welcome! Yes, it's definitely heart breaking. I'd say Ryan was always the character I had the most sympathy for on the show. He endured so many harsh things his entire life and when he'd finally find some happiness with a girl, like Lindsay-- who I really wanted to stay, the girl would leave.

The writers were mean to poor Ryan. And at the very least they should have brought Lindsay back for Caleb's funeral.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

YW, it's my pleasure
Quote:
The writers were mean to poor Ryan. And at the very least they should have brought Lindsay back for Caleb's funeral.
yes, it doesn't make any sense that she wasn't even there