Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

His whole hero/the world revolves around Marissa complex is so incredibly annoying. And he was such a jackass to Luke.</STRONG>
yeah i agree with the luke thing. Why didn't luke kick his ass. I would have if he was talking to me likr that. Luke went to hardcore to wimpy.
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2004, 10:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I wish ME-rissa would stop sucking the life out of Ryan [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Absolute Fan

I for one. do not think his attitude has anything to do with Marrisa at all really. He is the same way over Theresa, trying to save her and fight her boyfriend/Finace' as he did with Marrisa and Luke.

I feel as if Ryan has this place inside him, that can't get past trying to be tough and learn to appreciate a helping hand. If this were true, then after the talk with Sandy about tripping Luke on the soccerfield and getting suspended, he would have tried to change, but he didn't, it was Luke that changed. He then went after Oliver, after Sandy told him not to, but he did it anyways, total disrespect, the same with Eddie and Theresa. Now next week, he takes his anger out toward Seth.. none of these people are Marrisa, so I don't blame her (LOL).

Most of the fights on The O.C. are between Ryan and some conflict that he can't walk away from and when he isn't doing the fighting, he is being hateful and smart to people in situations that aren't his buisness, Julie and Luke for one, but as I recall, didn't Ryan make out with Calub's girlfriend, but I guess that was ok right? Also about Hailey and her stripper job, something that was completely none of his concern, Seth;s maybe, but not his. Then the Oliver thing, I mean I understand he was pissed and mad, but it could have been handled differently, he could have tapped thier conversation, end of story, but he chose the illegal way, of course he was right all along about Oliver, just not right about the way he handled it.

Another thing that has thrown me off is the fact that Seth was critizied for stringing along Anna and Summer, but it is okay for Ryan to sleep with Theresa and kiss Marrisa...Wrong-O [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

He has many faults and the more his attitude and toughness and white knight act becomes a storyline in every epsiode, it becomes more and more and more boring... and predictable... next thing you know, Ryan will have black hair, a red, yellow and blue suit with and a cape with a huge S on it, seem familiar [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

NOTE: Before anyone gets irritated of mad, please remember this is a ANTI thread, not a do you like him or dislike Discussion thread. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-18-2004: Message edited +*~*+SASHA+*~*+ ]
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
Old 04-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

SASHA. How could I possibly get mad? I AGREE with your every word. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] OMG, honestly, your EVERY word. Excellent post. It beautifully sums up EVERYTHING that I feel about Ryan. Perfect.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Absolute Fan

It's nice to see when someone agrees with you and dosen't get mad at cha.

I don't hate Ryan and I try to give him a chance in every episode, sometimes he does something sweet or says something nice, that makes me forget how much I don't like his ways, but then he jumps right back on his attitude horse. Sometimes I feel that it is because in Chino, the way he talked and the way we was presented with his story, is that you can't just walk away and that he had noone but himself, but he has had a year to change hislife and had a family to talk to, but still nothing. Maybe in season 2 we will get some better Ryan moments, hopefully Josh will come to his senses [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9

Old 04-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Double Post - Oopsy [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-19-2004: Message edited +*~*+SASHA+*~*+ ]
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9

Old 04-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Sasha, I understand what you are saying. I guess this is another case of the difference between what the writers think they are writing and what they actually are. Marissa is supposed to be a sympathetic character, instead she turns out to be disloyal and dramaqueenish. We were supposed to understand why she chose Oliver over Ryan, we were supposed to understand why she ran off to Chino, however, she just came out looking very selfish and a little daft.

We were supposed to see Ryan as a compassionate person that will risk his life for the benefit of his friends... instead he comes off as an arrogant SOB that has to fight at every occasion. There really was no logic behind him trying to get into a fight with that HUGE bouncer.

I certainly don't hate Ryan, but there are some serious issues there - maybe he tries to solve everybody else's problem because he's too afraid to face his? Whatever... I too am counting on Josh to come up with something better next year.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I happen to like the character of ryan but I dont like the way he acts around the girls I mean he gets too involved in things that hav nuthin to do with him. Also I dont really think him and Marrissa hav a good relstionship I mean all they do is kiss each other they dont really talk and ok I get that ud wanna kiss your bf but they dont seem to b able to talk to each other. Like take the valentine episode instead of coming over and talking out the problem Marrissa tries to get him to sleep with her to make it better. I mean come on if theres a problem before sex therell still be one after it
Old 04-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Loyal Fan

This thread needs to be one the first page. I'm not a fan of cavemen..

"I remember when the days were long, and the nights when the living room was on the lawn.."
Closed Thread   Post New Thread