Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2016, 02:23 AM
Elite Fan

There HAS to be an 11th season. How will I go on with my life if season 10 ends on a cliffhanger and no season 11 ?

What do you want? Or expect? I know that I would find it incredibly ironic if Mulder had believed for all his life, all his career, that the aliens were the bad guys, that they had planned to destroy us, only to learn that the conspiracy was a conspiracy of MEN to enslave and control humanity, thanks to alien technologies found at crash sites.

And that the aliens were the good guys trying to prevent the bad men to enslave the entire planet .

Wouldn't it be original if the aliens were there to save us... from our own people?

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 02-21-2016, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

I'm looking forward to seeing CSM. Wonder how he survived, thought he was blown up
Old 02-21-2016, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Classic x files. Chris Carter loves his cliffhangers.
Indeed.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

I hope they find William next season.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:11 PM
Passionate Fan

I had heard, and that is the only thing, no written word, that the network made Chris Carter shorten the season to 6 episodes. That is why it was so weird ending.
Also I'm hearing mixed comments that it will be back and it might not be back.

Any deffinitive news on if it will return?
Old 02-28-2016, 05:37 PM
Loyal Fan

The actors who plays Langly has mentionned in an interview that there was a possibility of adding one more episode to the season (making it 7 total) but it was shot down. Either a sign of fox really wanting a specific number of episodes, or a big hint that the seventh episode will actually be episode 1 of season 11.

Anyhow, looks like fox is ruling everything but the script. I also read that episode 2 and 4 or 5 were switched so that the second episode actually aired in the middle of the season. Its a bit messy on Fox's part =/

Still no definitive news, but I hear both main actors are willing and don't have projects lined up for the time it could be filmed (next summer)
Old 03-18-2016, 09:29 AM
MST Manager

That's a funny picture of David on the previous page.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^

The X Files will return with Mulder and Scully but probably not until 2018 | Metro News
Quote:
There’s going to be another series of The X Files – but probably not until 2018
Rebecca Lewis Tuesday 17 May 2016

Read more: The X Files will return with Mulder and Scully but probably not until 2018 | Metro News

The X Files finally returned to our TV screens earlier this year for the first time in 14 years but if you thought you were going to get another series any time soon, think again.

The short six-episode season aired on Channel 5 but Fox’s CEO Dana Walden has now admitted that there have so far only been ‘conversations’ with creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson about another run.
And there won’t be any more news on a potential season 11 until ‘hopefully, this time next year’.

But no fear, X Files fans, because it is believed that both Mulder and Scully will be ‘on board to do another instalment of the show’.

Spekaing to press at the Fox upfronts for the 2016 – 2017 schedule, show runner Chris added: ‘They will find a way to get that done. Because I spoke about it briefly with Dana Walden so there’s an appetite there and a chance certainly to find how we’re gonna get ourselves off this precipice.’

The return of The X Files on Channel 5 gave the network it’s highest overnight ratings in over a year.

The episode attracted an audience of 3.17 million viewers, with an additional 60,000 tuning in an hour later on +1.

Still, not everyone was convinced, with some fans beliieving that ‘for all the care taken on the script, the show is undone by lazy editing and a bargain basement feel’.

Read more: The X Files will return with Mulder and Scully but probably not until 2018 | Metro News
Are The X-Files Still Open at Fox? | E! News Canada
Quote:
Are The X-Files Still Open at Fox?
by BILLY NILLES | Mon, May 16, 2016 8:20 AM

If you're a network head and you've got the No. 1 event series of the television season, the no-brainer move is to pick that baby back up for another installment, right?

That's exactly the thinking going on in the executive offices at Fox following the highly successful return of the beloved series The X-Files for a six-episode run earlier this year. As the network announced the schedule for the 2016-2017 season on Monday morning, further episodes of the David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson-starring series were notably absent from the mix, but as Fox's Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman assured reporters during a conference call following the announcement, that doesn't mean it's the end of the road.

"We've had conversations with Chris [Carter, The X-Files creator] and David and Gillian," Walden admitted. "I believe everybody is on board to do another installment of the show." Naturally, the busy schedules of the series' top talent are a major factor in the outcome of those conversations, but the Fox boss felt confident that we'd have news on its future in due time. "Hopefully that will come together this season so that this time next year, we'll have something exciting to announce," she said.

Newman elaborated on the content of talks being had with all three, telling reporters, "We've had conversations with all of them that have included discussion about what kind of episodic order makes sense…Conversations are on-going and I can tell you that Chris and David and Gillian all would like to do more of these." That said, if you're hoping to get new episodes soon, you might find yourself a bit disappointed. "As Dana said, it shouldn't be anything you anticipate before the 17-18 season," Newman reiterated.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:17 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, sounds promising though
Old 07-08-2016, 06:00 AM
MST Manager

2018?

Are they serious?

Thanks for the links.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the info!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 07-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

Hopefully there's a time jump.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

‘X-Files’ Season 11 Episode Count, Premiere Date on Fox — 2018 | TVLine
Quote:
The X-Files Season 11: Fox Eyeing Longer Run of '8 to 10 New Episodes
By Michael Ausiello

Fox wants more The X-Files — in every sense of the word.

Immediately following Monday’s Fox executive session at the Television Critics Association summer press tour, Dana Walden — Chairman and CEO of the Fox Television Group — told reporters that a potential 11th season would likely exceed Season 10’s relatively short six-episode run.

“We would have liked to have done more [episodes] in the first place,” said Walden. “It was really the limitations of David and Gillian and Chris’ schedules. Gillian lives in the UK, David lives in New York and California, and we do the show in Vancouver. Chris lives up north. So it was just trying to coordinate a time where they all carve out a period to be in Vancouver.”

This time around, the network and studio “have longer to plan” for another season. “We’re in conversations that intentionally we could do more,” she said. “I don’t imagine it being a full season of The X-Files, but I would be really happy if we were able to get eight to 10 episodes.”
Old 08-28-2016, 01:13 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, my, that's wonderful news . But 2018? That's so far away!

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 09-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
Oh, my, that's wonderful news . But 2018? That's so far away!

^ Ridiculously far away for a follow up season.