Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2014, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

If they wanted Stelena to be tied to Elena being human then they shouldn't have made her start falling for Damon before she turned, have it look like it was a struggle to make a choice between the brothers and then have her admit she was in love with Damon when she was a human. They've put themselves in a real predicament and it's not gonna be easy getting out of it. I'd almost feel bad for them but I don't. They'll have to do some serious retconning.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
If Ian leaves I am one hundred percent certain that is how they'll do it.
Is he thinking about leaving the show? I heard Paul is staying on
Old 12-29-2014, 10:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
If they wanted Stelena to be tied to Elena being human then they shouldn't have made her start falling for Damon before she turned, have it look like it was a struggle to make a choice between the brothers and then have her admit she was in love with Damon when she was a human. They've put themselves in a real predicament and it's not gonna be easy getting out of it. I'd almost feel bad for them but I don't. They'll have to do some serious retconning.
They've done it before. They'll do it again.

When I started to watch this show I first thought it was really bad but after a few episodes it felt like it hit its stride and actually became very good. I've lost all that respect now.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

This show is more interested in ships than in actual character growth/development or plot. It's really sad how far it's fallen, but it's even sadder that people watch expecting or hoping for a change.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Janice~ (View Post)
I think the only way Stefan and Elena will get back together is if she becomes human again. All this mess started around the time she became a vampire
I know this whole thing sucks.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
They've done it before. They'll do it again.

When I started to watch this show I first thought it was really bad but after a few episodes it felt like it hit its stride and actually became very good. I've lost all that respect now.
They can do whatever they want but retconning a retcon by using the human factor would make them look like idiots. They could have chosen any moment for Elena to have realized she loved Damon but they deliberately chose 3x01 which was quite early in the timeline. It may have been a retcon but it makes sense it a weird way considering Elena looked like she wanted to make out with him in that scene and what she told him when she thought he was dying in the season 2 finale. If they're going back to SE then I think they should do it 'How I met your mother' style and flash forward 100 years in the future after Elena's been single for a long time and found her 'true' self. Because the human factor doesn't make sense anymore IMO.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
Well considering Elena was with Stefan First I don't see how that would be Incestuous the 2nd around
Because she banged his brother.

Quote:
This show is more interested in ships than in actual character growth/development or plot. It's really sad how far it's fallen, but it's even sadder that people watch expecting or hoping for a change.
That's what makes me laugh. Like learn your lesson dude, this show ain't never gonna change, you change your expectations

Old 12-29-2014, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel (View Post)

That's what makes me laugh. Like learn your lesson dude, this show ain't never gonna change, you change your expectations
This.

Simple statment well said plus JP is still managing the show. Her shadow looms large.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
They can do whatever they want but retconning a retcon by using the human factor would make them look like idiots. They could have chosen any moment for Elena to have realized she loved Damon but they deliberately chose 3x01 which was quite early in the timeline. It may have been a retcon but it makes sense it a weird way considering Elena looked like she wanted to make out with him in that scene and what she told him when she thought he was dying in the season 2 finale. If they're going back to SE then I think they should do it 'How I met your mother' style and flash forward 100 years in the future after Elena's been single for a long time and found her 'true' self. Because the human factor doesn't make sense anymore IMO.
^See but I think saying Elena was in love with Damon in that season 3 episode like 3 seasons later was itself retconning. There is a difference between lust and love. And sorry but I don't believe she was in love with him then. Wanting to make out with him is different than being in love. The writers are just so obsessed with Delena they felt the need to change history and project feelings on Elena that just weren't there then. It was really a crap move on their part. Although I'm not longer surprised by how low they will stoop for Delena. Honestly they have showed no shame in the amount of crap they will pull to try and make Delena into some epic romance. A little bit of finagling to bring back Stelena would be no big deal.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 12-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
^See but I think saying Elena was in love with Damon in that season 3 episode like 3 seasons later was itself retconning. There is a difference between lust and love. And sorry but I don't believe she was in love with him then. Wanting to make out with him is different than being in love. The writers are just so obsessed with Delena they felt the need to change history and project feelings on Elena that just weren't there then. It was really a crap move on their part. Although I'm not longer surprised by how low they will stoop for Delena. Honestly they have showed no shame in the amount of crap they will pull to try and make Delena into some epic romance. A little bit of finagling to bring back Stelena would be no big deal.
I think she loved him but she wasn't in love with him at that point when I consider all their interactions from season 1 upto then and the things she was willing to forgive etc. I buy it more than Stefan being in love after 3 weeks. I'm not saying that SE can't come back but that it wouldn't make sense to do it by turning her human when Elena loved Damon as a human. What was the point of revealing that she loved him as a human? At least be consistent with your ship retconning. Elena already compromised her morals as a human. If she becomes human again her vampire experience should probably make her more understanding towards vampism as opposed to having stronger morals.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

Well they shouldn't really be retconning at all. But yeah I agree at some point they should try consistency. And she may have come to care about Damon but I don't believe she was in love with him back then. Honestly I still don't buy their"epic love" now, but definitely I don't buy it back then when she was still so involved with Stefan even though he was on his ripper tour with Klaus. (That was the beginning of the crap writing to solely benefit Delena right there btw. They had to make Stefan go away in order for Delena to actually spend time together and get closer. They never could've done Delena otherwise. She was too in love with Stefan and didn't spend that much time with Damon) And the fact that it took 3 seasons for Elena to say that episode was when she "fell in love with him" tells me the writers just now decided to make that a part of their history. And I know they want to pretend that Delena has always been some "epic love", but I am not convinced she was "in love" with Damon when she was human. Lust sure, love not so much. Not that I would ever actually refer the disaster that is Delena is love, but for the sake of argument, I don't think she was "in love" with him when she was human. And even if they want to pretend she "fell in love" with him in 3x01, how "in love" with him could she have been considering she chose Stefan over him. And only ended up with Damon after she'd been a vampire for a few episodes. Bottom line Delena is just one huge cluster ******* of retconning, OOC behavior, inconsistency, craptastic writing, and straight up insanity. It would be worth a little more finagling just make it go away and bring back Stelena. Nobody could really complain about retconning and inconsistency for Stelena when without the butt load of that stuff they've already done Delena wouldn't exist.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 12-29-2014 at 03:06 PM
Old 12-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Unless Stefan was also banging his brother (Defan ftw!*) I don't think it's incestuous.

*Joke. I hate Damon.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartlines (View Post)
Unless Stefan was also banging his brother (Defan ftw!*) I don't think it's incestuous.

*Joke. I hate Damon.
They all should just be in a relationship together.

I can hear JP say it's fine because it's a vampire show.

I hate Damon too. I don't think I've ever hated a character more.

That's an achievement TVD.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 12-29-2014, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Time for a new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 12-29-2014, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

NEW THREAD
Closed Thread   Post New Thread