Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
I'm sorry I just have to say-- it would take resetting and retooling to make S/E happen again and that can't happen? But the complete hatchet job they did on the show's history not to mention the destroying of Elena as a character it took to make D/E happen, that was totally acceptable? I'm not attacking you McQueenFanGirl, I promise. My problem is with the idiotic writers. They did worse than retool to make D/E happen, they definitely reset stuff for D/E. And honestly if the writers can do all that retconning and ignoring and rewriting of show history and character destruction it took to make D/E a thing, the writers can certainly clean up this horrendous mess and give us back S/E.

Also is the is title a joke? Seriously wondering.
That's where I'm at with Stelena. Viability in the eyes of a particular fan is different than what the show may do. If they put Stelena back together in the very last episode, does that mean they were not viable? Maybe to some fans and maybe not to others.

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

lol irl @ this title

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusnv80 (View Post)
Viability in the eyes of a particular fan is different than what the show may do.
Yup. Idk why people keep saying it's not viable. DE was viable after he killed her brother. KC was viable after Klaus killed Caroline's boyfriend's mom. There is no such thing as not being viable on TVD.

I get that most people don't want Stefan back with Elena because I don't either. There is nothing in the world these writers could do that would make me root for them, but that doesn't mean anything. Especially when you're talking about casual viewers, they don't really care... if Stelena's time comes again then many will buy in just as many won't. The writers have free reign to take this in whatever direction.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:05 PM
Loyal Fan

So Delena rainkiss got them a series low.... Yep people are here for Delena, Steroline and Bonnie sacrificing herself for Damon.

I was a big Delena fan but the abysmal writing of the show made me hate them on the show. And while I was ok with Steroline if not getting Klaroline the show now also made me hate Steroline. These writers just need to steer away from writing any romance, they suck at it.

Keeping my fingers crossed hoping Ian or Nina won't sign for a 7th, the ratings drop to .5 and the show gets cancelled.

Klaus & Caroline Matthew & Mary Hook & Emma 10 & Rose
Castle & Beckett Logan & Veronica Spike & Buffy
Old 11-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
lol irl @ this title

Yup. Idk why people keep saying it's not viable. DE was viable after he killed her brother. KC was viable after Klaus killed Caroline's boyfriend's mom. There is no such thing as not being viable on TVD.

I get that most people don't want Stefan back with Elena because I don't either. There is nothing in the world these writers could do that would make me root for them, but that doesn't mean anything. Especially when you're talking about casual viewers, they don't really care... if Stelena's time comes again then many will buy in just as many won't. The writers have free reign to take this in whatever direction.
Exactly. On this show, to me, it looks like anything goes. Selena back together? Eh...to be perfectly honest, I don't care one way or the other. However, in a television viewing world where people are in LOVE with couples who have done much worse to each other (including rape, killing family members and being with cousins/brothers) nothing is impossible. What I do believe is that every fan has their deal breaker for a couple.

I also think you have a point about casual viewers. Most of my opinions about shows would not be as strong if I wasn't engaged on talking about it online. I was an offline Buffy fan. I watched it and I liked it, I didn't notice that Xander was a jerk or that Buffy could be selfish or all the other things until I started reading the comments online.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusnv80 (View Post)
Exactly. On this show, to me, it looks like anything goes. Selena back together? Eh...to be perfectly honest, I don't care one way or the other. However, in a television viewing world where people are in LOVE with couples who have done much worse to each other (including rape, killing family members and being with cousins/brothers) nothing is impossible. What I do believe is that every fan has their deal breaker for a couple.

I also think you have a point about casual viewers. Most of my opinions about shows would not be as strong if I wasn't engaged on talking about it online. I was an offline Buffy fan. I watched it and I liked it, I didn't notice that Xander was a jerk or that Buffy could be selfish or all the other things until I started reading the comments online.
Yep I think viability is only ever an issue in terms of what the characters would do, but as we've said a million times in here, these characters forgive everything. That's why anything is plausible on this show. It's not all that unbelievable that Elena could fall in love with Stefan again and unfortunately Stefan doesn't give two ****s about the fact that she left him for Damon, he'll still unquestionably take her back. And that's why I don't like these writers, they brush off consequences so they can get away with anything. How much more interesting would this be if Stefan was completely unwilling to ever go there again with Elena because he wants no part of a love triangle? Realistically how could he ever go there knowing that Elena might ditch him for Damon again? Instead we get lines like "i'd go back to her in a heartbeat"...and while I think maybe he's less eager than he was when he said that, there's no question as to whether he'd go back to her at some point if the opportunity presented itself. We all know he would.

So ya it's not at all lacking viability for the characters which is what matters. DE was a much harder thing to get around and the writers had no problem turning her into a vampire, siring her to him and ruining her character to have it go down. A Stelena revival is a cinch compared to that.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread. Awesome title .
Old 11-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Lol, Let's just accept that the triangle of doom is never dying.Heck I wouldn't be surprised if they made the last season finale about Elena's choice again.lmao.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
I'm sorry I just have to say-- it would take resetting and retooling to make S/E happen again and that can't happen? But the complete hatchet job they did on the show's history not to mention the destroying of Elena as a character it took to make D/E happen, that was totally acceptable? I'm not attacking you McQueenFanGirl, I promise. My problem is with the idiotic writers. They did worse than retool to make D/E happen, they definitely reset stuff for D/E. And honestly if the writers can do all that retconning and ignoring and rewriting of show history and character destruction it took to make D/E a thing, the writers can certainly clean up this horrendous mess and give us back S/E.
JP just doesn't seem to care enough about Stefan or Elena to rework the show to make SE a possibility again. She seems so completely enamoured with all things Damon/writing from his POV, that I can't see Damon not getting the girl. I think the show will end in one of two ways, either DE is together or Defan both don't get Elena. Either way, Damon "wins" out in the end.

:shurg: The show (for the last 3 years) seems to focus less and less on Stefan, and even Elena. If the show were still about Elena, there would be a possibility that she still has to make another choice. But, it hasn't seemed that way for a while. I don't know, JP just seems so completely obsessed with making every single little thing Damon centric, that I can't see her taking off her shipper/Damon loving goggles long enough to remember that SE was ever a thing and that Elena has been in love with more than one person her whole life.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueenFanGirl (View Post)
JP just doesn't seem to care enough about Stefan or Elena to rework the show to make SE a possibility again. She seems so completely enamoured with all things Damon/writing from his POV, that I can't see Damon not getting the girl. I think the show will end in one of two ways, either DE is together or Defan both don't get Elena. Either way, Damon "wins" out in the end.

:shurg: The show (for the last 3 years) seems to focus less and less on Stefan, and even Elena. If the show were still about Elena, there would be a possibility that she still has to make another choice. But, it hasn't seemed that way for a while. I don't know, JP just seems so completely obsessed with making every single little thing Damon centric, that I can't see her taking off her shipper/Damon loving goggles long enough to remember that SE was ever a thing and that Elena has been in love with more than one person her whole life.
Completely agreed CD has even said she doesn't know how to write for Stefan. They are just not interested enough in his character to truly bother with him and everything about Elena comes back to Damon
Old 11-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

^See that's just insane. The writers and their logic I mean. They are actually ruining there own show because of their belief that Damon is like God's gift to women and television. News flash, he's not that exciting and he's a total d-bag if we're being honest. Ian's great, but you know what so is Paul. And Stefan is an amazing character. Damon is just not worth sending the rest of the characters and the rest of the show down the toilet for, writers. And if you can't write for Stefan, a character who's been there from the beginning and is arguably a more dynamic interesting character than never going to change awful jerkface Damon then you are a terrible writer and need to find a different career. Honestly how did this show get stuck with such insane, incompetent idiots for writers?
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 11-16-2014, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
Completely agreed CD has even said she doesn't know how to write for Stefan. They are just not interested enough in his character to truly bother with him and everything about Elena comes back to Damon
IMO it's not a lack of interest, just a lack of creativity. Damon is the "bad" brother and they like to keep Stefan as ~saintly and pure as they can to contrast that. And they don't know what to do with Stefan when he's good and not battling his demons.

These writers don't ever know what to do with anyone who is stable in general. It's why Caroline has 80 love interests, Bonnie is a plot device, Matt and Tyler are irrelevant, Jeremy is mostly just there to be Elena's brother... it's a real struggle for them. They can't write anything beyond bad boy with a ~tragic past, look at how much they love Enzo for it. This is where losing KW killed the show the most I think, he could write for anyone and CD/JP are beyond atrocious at this.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Absolute Fan

That and the fact that they probably have their own fascination with bad boys as romantic leads.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Yeah and the fact that the fans are fascinated by these bad boys too, and then JP's ego buys into the hype that they're amazing. Damon and Enzo are so ~complex in her eyes.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
I remember when KW/JP said that about Jenna, and that was why she was killed off. I was like WTF?
Old 11-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

That statement never bothered me tbh. Writers are allowed to run out of ideas for a secondary character and I would much rather they kill her off than have her hang around uselessly because they feel like they have to keep her. That's what we have in Alaric...so no ty.