Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Vampire Diaries S&S #35: Forget about the Vampires and Witches It's all about Werewolves this season !

Season 2 Description
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Next season, the appearance of the villainous Katherine in Mystic Falls throws a wrench into the love triangle between Stefan, Elena and Damon, and the other residents of Mystic Falls must choose sides as they fall victim to a new breed of danger. New and unexpected friendships will be forged, allies will become enemies, and hearts will be broken. Stefan and Damon will be forced to face a villain more evil and diabolical than they ever believed possible. And they’ll take their shirts off. Frequently.
OMG! The CW spoils new seasons of 'Gossip Girl,' 'Vamp Diaries,' Smallville,' and more! | Ausiello | EW.com
Season 2 Description Poster

Season 2, Episode 1: Untitled {Season Premiere}
- The episode begins right where the season finale left off, rewinds 30 seconds then shows what happened in the moments in between from other perspectives.
- Katherine came back for Stefan - S: "The problem, Katherine, is that I hate you," (Katherine stabs him) K: "that sounds like the beginning of a love story, not the end of one.";
- Katherine admits to Damon that she never loved him.
- Damon will find out that he didn't kiss Elena which will lead him to "blow his top". - IS
- Katherine and Bonnie will get into a confrontation.
- Tyler's Uncle Mason (Taylor Kinney) comes to town for his brother's funeral.
- Tyler's Mom is Mayor.
- Jeremy is "either going to wake up alive or he's going to wake up dead". - KW

Season 2, Episode 2: Untitled
- This episode has a carnival in town.

Season 2, Episode 3: Untitled
- Road trip episode; "Elena and Damon and Alaric travel together to Duke University, where Isobel, Alaric's wife and Elena's birth mother, met and lived together. She studied the paranormal and was an expert in the anthropology department which is how she disguised her vampire research. She had become obsessed with Mystic Falls and dug deep into the history of the town. So on their trip, they dig into her dusty files to see what she may have known that they don't know." - JP

Season 2, Episode 4: Untitled
- Flash back episode; "examine the scene of the crime, to where Katherine, Damon and Stefan had their relationship and we pick up where we left off and see what was the next part of that story. (...) Now we're going to back up a little and show you when Katherine first came to Mystic Falls. Why she came." - KW

Casting News
Ex-Trauma EMT Taylor Kinney is joining the cast of Vampire Diaries in the recurring role of Mason Lockwood, younger brother of late Mayor Lockwood, sources confirm.

Described as Tyler’s (Michael Trevino) “cool” uncle, Mason is sexy and athletic (duh) and possesses an easygoing charm. Though he has more control than his nephew, he can “flip in an instant” if crossed.

Kinney will make his first appearance in Diaries’ second-season premiere on Sept. 9.
'Vampire Diaries' scoop: Former 'Trauma' hottie Taylor Kinney cast as [spoiler alert] | Ausiello | EW.com

Casting Sides
The Vampire Diaries - Ep 203
AIMEE - Over 18 to play 17, Sweet, sexy, fun and filled with flirt -- she has eyes for Matt and an enemy in Caroline. Must look good in a bikini. All ethnicities. Guest Star, possible recurring.
Spoilers

Julie Plec Interview on the VRO
listen to the whole interview, Recap part 1, Recap part 2

Key Points
  • Mayor Lockwood is dead and we'll see Ms Lockwood stepping in now as the Mayor.
  • Uncle John may not be dead.
  • There's at least one more witch in Mystic Falls.
  • Anna is definitely dead and there are no plans to bring her back right now.
  • Damon/Elena/Stefan triangle will now be a square with Katherine
  • Meredith and Klaus may be introduced.
  • Why Elena is physically identical to Katherine is the big question in S2 that will be continued to be asked to the deep end of the season.
  • There will be more Damon/Alaric team-ups and Damon/Stefan flashbacks in S2.
  • Stefan and Matt will slowly build a friendship.
---

Maureen in Tacoma, Wash.: Any truth to the rumors that werewolves might be heading to The Vampire Diaries?
Well, werewolves are the new trend, you know, but The Vampire Diaries star Paul Wesley tells us this: "I know that in the books that happens, but it hasn't been confirmed—it's been insinuated." But if Paul has his say—which we're guessing he will—he's totally on board. "It'd be fantastic. And I played a wolf on a series called Wolf Lake, which was a very short-lived show on CBS, so I love the idea of it because I've done it."
Spoiler Chat: Do Chuck and Jenny Hook Up on Gossip Girl? - E! Online

Question: Do you know when Elena will turn to into a vampire on The Vampire Diaries? I am dying to know. —Crystal

Ausiello: If you’re holding your breath for it to happen, you actually might die. Elena’s conversion, says exec producer Julie Plec, “is a fundamental part of the books — it’s, in fact, most of the books. So it’s not something we are going to ignore. But right now it’s a little too Twilight similar for us to feel comfortable dabbling in it.” Beyond concerns about Elena being written off as a small-screen Bella, “the best thing about her is, she’s a non-genre, non-supernatural, true-blue ingénue,” says Plec, “and we don’t really want to mess with that. She’s the relatable character. To pervert that too soon would be a mistake.”

Question: I am dying here without Vampire Diaries! Please give us some scoop on the Damon-Elena relationship because I am loving it! —Ash
Ausiello: Then prepare to love this season’s final string of episodes, which exec producer Julie Plec tells me will be heavily focused on the pair. “We’ll see Damon start to look at Elena as more than just his brother’s girlfriend or the doppelganger to the love of his life,” she reveals. “He’ll start to love and understand her as a human being, which is ironic because Damon could typically give a s–t about anything involving humanity. It’s some good stuff.”
Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 'NCIS,' 'Bones,' 'Lost,' 'Supernatural,' 'Grey's,' and more! | Ausiello | EW.com

TVGuide.com: How will the love triangle between Stefan (Paul Wesley), Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) evolve in these next episodes?
Williamson: One of the most important things Julie and I wanted to do this season is cement the love between Stefan and Elena. It's that love story that will be the anchor of this entire show. We have to earn that.
Vampire Diaries Scoop: Elena's Mama, Uncle John and the Tomb! - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

PW: You started to hint at Tyler's true nature in the Miss Mystic Falls episode -- will season two deal with that?
Kevin: I would without question say that Tyler will have his journey in season two. We’ll definitely be exploring the Lockwood curse next year, which, if you’ve read the books, you know there’s something that triggers it and it simply hasn’t been triggered yet.
Kevin Williamson talks Vampire Diaries' season finale and season two - PopWrap

Look to learn even more about Damon's tortured past, as he teams up with vampire hunter Alaric to prevent a massacre at Mystic Falls' annual Founders Day celebration. He won't be entirely successful, and the subsequent tragedy will change Damon in the second season.
TVGuide.com's In Focus: The Joys of Being Ian Somerhalder - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

'Vampire Diaries' exclusive: Did David Anders survive?
Though in last month’s Vampire Diaries cliffhanger Elena’s doppelganger brutally attacked John, his portrayer, David Anders, confirms that he’ll be back for the season premiere. And beyond that?

“That’s up in the air right now,” he says. “They haven’t picked up [my] option yet. I feel like the character has a lot of legs and you can go in many different directions with him. But ultimately it’s [executive producer] Kevin Williamson’s choice.”

Although on paper the odds of John surviving would appear slim — the dude got his fingers chopped off and took a blade to the gut — Anders reminds fans, “People don’t always die from knife wounds.”
'Vampire Diaries' exclusive: Did David Anders survive? | Ausiello | EW.com

Question: Vampire Diaries scoop, pretty please with a Smurf on top? —Randi
Ausiello: New-blood alert! The show is casting the potentially recurring role of Vanessa, a very attractive, smart, young grad student who assists Damon and Alaric with their werewolf research at Alaric’s alma mater, Duke University.
Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Chuck,' 'Smallville,' Castle,' 'NCIS,' '90210,' and more! | Ausiello | EW.com

IAN SOMERHALDER

What's up for Damon this season?

It's not necessarily going to be the funnest season for Damon. I think that he's going to challenged a lot where I don't think he was used to being challenged. I think there are some things that are gonna wreak more havoc in Mystic Falls than he probably did in season one and it's gonna be a problem so those challenges are something to look forward to ‘cause it's not boring.

Will we keep seeing the humanity in Damon or will he revert back to his evil ways?
Well, when I think that he finds out it wasn't Elena, he's gonna be a little pissed off.

Does he still want to be with Katherine after he finds out it's her?
He still wants Katherine like an idiot. It's weird you know, love is a really blinding force. It forces us to do things, stupid things that we all every single one of us has experienced it.

Will Damon's feelings for Katherine transfer over to Elena?
I don't know. Actually to be honest with you, I don't know. What I'd like to see is for him to realize [that Katherine] is a crazy, manipulative bitch and really a lot of where he comes from, his traits, he learned from her and if he were able to look inward at himself and say, "These are not very high quality traits of a person."

In the sneak peek clips we saw, SPOILER ALERT: Katherine says she wants Stefan. How will that make Damon feel?
That's another thing that's just going to crush him.

How will it affect Damon and Stefan?
A tentative alliance. That's the thing. That's the interesting thought is that it might actually form, that alliance may have to get stronger because she's going to wreak havoc for both of them, whether Katherine wants Stefan or Damon, Stefan wants nothing to do with her, for the most part. Until he does. If he does.

Do you think Elena brings out Damon's humanity?
I think that's the only time you ever see it is when he's with her. I mean Nina Dobrev'll do that to you. No two ways about it.

NINA DOBREV

Will you be kissing Ian again this season?

I will be kissing at least one Salvatore brother this season.

What's up with Katherine coming back?
Last season I got to do it very little. I mostly played Elena and we teased to Katherine a little bit, but this year there's gonna be a lot more Katherine. She's back and she's wreaking havoc and she's up to no good. So it's gonna be fun to kind of step into Damon's shoes a little bit and play with them and mess with everyone's minds.

How are you differentiating between Katherine and Elena as far as appearance?
Between the wardrobe stylist and the creators, we all kind of collaborate, but I'm very outspoken about the way I want Elena and Katherine to look and the fact that I want them to look differently. And one of the main things for example is Elena is a flared jean girl and Katherine is a skinny jeans and heels kind of girl. There's little subtle things that create a different vision visually. They have to look different as much as they look the same.

PAUL WESLEY

How's Stefan dealing with that porch kiss?
For me, I'm brokenhearted about the kiss between Damon and Elena. Because as sociopathic and malicious as he is, and maybe a murderer, he knows that I love him. It's the worst insult. At this point Stefan doesn't empathize as much or care. He's more like, You know what, I'm not going to deal with this guy.

Does it change his feelings for Elena?
Elena, Elena, Elena. He loves her. It's sort of a transformation. He's coming to terms with himself, season two is a lot more about acceptance. This is what I am. He's going to do other things. Laugh, be jovial.

Now that Katherine has said she's back for Stefan, is he interested?
It's a mix, he thought he was in love with Katherine at one point, she's the person who is responsible for his immortality. It's heavy. He meets her with disgust and at the same time a little bit of interest.

What do you want for Stefan?
I love not necessarily the dark side, I love that as well, but I like Stefan to have other tactics other than victimized and accepting the burden. And be more proactive.
Kevin Williamson Rob Loud/Getty Images

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER KEVIN WILLIAMSON

What can we expect this season?

Well, you know Katherine being back in Mystic Falls is a bit of a game changer for the show. We have to find out how is this going to affect Damon and Stefan in terms of Katherine now being back in town and I don't know. It's so hard to talk about it without giving anything away because it seems like everything is a surprise! She comes back and as you saw in the clip, she came back and pretty much stated why she's back and it'll be fun to sort of watch that play out, but if you've watched our show in the past, you know there's always more than one reason someone's there or some of the motives of our characters. So it's a huge turning. Well, she said she wanted Stefan. She came back for Stefan.

Could there be other reasons?
Maybe. Could be.

What will we find out about Katherine?
There's so much to still know about 1864. What happened? Why wasn't she in the tomb? How did she escape? Where did she go? Why did she come to Mystic Falls to begin with? What brought her to Mystic Falls? And so there are all those fun questions that we're gonna explore and how the Lockwood curse figures into it.

How is Katherine different now than she was in 1864?
She's meaner. It's going to be interesting to watch. She's different in the sense that she doesn't have to wear corsets anymore and she's different, well I'm scared to say it because it'll tease where she's been. It's a bit of a secret what she's been up to.

Will we see flashbacks of characters that died last season?
Yes.

Will we see Isobel again?
Not right away. I don't have any plans in the first, you know we've sort of broken the whole season, but we haven't individually broken down the back 9 episodes so I'd hate to say no and then turn around and do it and make a liar out of me. So I would say not in the first 12.

How many flashback episodes will there be?
Certainly we have three flashback episodes planned, and I'm guessing there'll be four.

What can you tell us about Tyler's journey this year?
Tyler's going to sort of learn through the help of his Uncle Mason who comes to town in the very first episode, who and what he is. He's gonna learn about the curse, who he is and how he responds to it. It's going to be a typical growing up story, a sort of coming of age tale, but it's horrible to have all these questions about why you're the way you are and why you're so angry and why you always feel so lost and then you get the answer and you don't like it. So it's gonna be a fun journey for him…and violent.
The Vampire Diaries: Will Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder Smooch Again? We Ask 'Em! - E! Online

TV Guide Magazine: Your first season included so many great theme episodes — like the bloody Halloween party and the Miss Mystic Falls pageant. Can we expect more of these events?
Williamson: The CW is very event-oriented, but I was initially very resistant of it. Last season was all built around Founder's Day. And this year we're considering three events as our big lead-up to the season finale.
Plec: We do have a carnival in our second episode, and in the third episode, Elena and Damon and Alaric travel together to Duke University, where Isobel, Alaric's wife and Elena's birth mother, met and lived together. She studied the paranormal and was an expert in the anthropology department which is how she disguised her vampire research. She had become obsessed with Mystic Falls and dug deep into the history of the town. So on their trip, they dig into her dusty files to see what she may have known that they don't know.

TV Guide Magazine: What about another Halloween episode?
Williamson: We're not looking at the show as if a whole year has passed, but we will have an episode timed to Halloween, which will be a huge masquerade ball that we're now thinking of as a possible two-parter. S--t will hit the fan.

TV Guide Magazine: There will be one big murder?
Plec: Yes. At least.
Williamson: It's getting harder and harder to look at our wall of death where we have photos of people like Anna (Malese Jow) and Bonnie's grandmother (Jasmine Guy).
Plec: And Lexi (Arielle Kebbel)...

TV Guide Magazine: I was quite upset about Bonnie losing her Gran. Will we meet Bonnie's parents?
Plec: People ask, 'Why doesn't Bonnie have parents?' Well, Bonnie does have parents. She lives with her father, who we have not met on camera, but she does not have a relationship with her mother. These are characters we may possibly explore this year. Bonnie comes from a long line of Bennett witches and mom is out there somewhere...
Williamson: True Blood actually did with LaFayette's mother (revealing her in a mental institution) what we wanted to do with Bonnie's mother, even though we came up with that idea a year ago.
Plec: That happens all the time.
Williamson: Sometimes we'll write dialogue and Nina Dobrev (Elena) will say, 'You do realize that's exactly what was said in Twilight, right?' And I'll tell her, 'No, I had no idea.' Vampire stories have been told for centuries so stories are going to overlap. I just don't want to do it in the same way or too close to when the others do it.

TV Guide Magazine: Speaking of which, both Twilight and True Blood have plunged heavily into werewolf territory, which you are about to do in your new season.
Plec: We actually talked about this a lot, because we didn't want to be the third to bring something to the table. But it's in the Vampire Diaries books and the character of Tyler Lockwood could not and should not exist without this werewolf arc. We started laying the groundwork for this story all last season, so to negate that genre element would have been to negate the entire Tyler character.
Williamson: Every vampire story has a werewolf nearby. It's just the way it is.

TV Guide Magazine: What will your werewolves look like?
Williamson: Wolves, and we'll show them transform. But not right away. And I think on True Blood their werewolves transform at will, whereas Tyler is bound by the full moon. Once a month he can't control it.

TV Guide Magazine: And now it's looking as though True Blood is about to introduce werepanthers.
Williamson: Really? Well we'll introduce were-armadillos!

TV Guide Magazine: One thing Elena hasn't considered yet is her potentially having to sacrifice motherhood if she lives forever with a Salvatore vampire, because your vampires can't conceive, can they?
Plec: No they cannot.
Williamson: One of the things we'll see Elena deal with this year are mortality issues. She's dating a guy who's never going to get old and she's never going to be able to have children.

TV Guide Magazine: There's lots of gayness going on over at True Blood. It surprises me that there's no suggestion of homosexuality on a Kevin Williamson show.
Williamson: I'm happy to bring a gay character in when it fits the story. Caroline's father is gay. He has a boyfriend. We've already set him up as a Founding Family member.
Plec: And it's quite possible we'll be meeting Caroline's dad this year. This is going to be a big season for Caroline's relationship with her mom, the sheriff.
Q&A with Vampire Diaries Executive Producers Williamson and Plec - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

SDCC 10: Vampire Diaries Is Going To Kill Everyone
"I don't want to give too much away, but I will say that we go back to 1864 in our fourth episode back and re-examine the scene of the crime, as we call it, to where Katherine, Damon and Stefan had their relationship and we pick up where we left off and see what was the next part of that story," Williamson told us. "I think all we showed you was when the two brothers transitioned. And now we're going to back up a little and show you when Katherine first came to Mystic Falls. Why she came. There's another part of the story and they don't even know half of it. They're not even aware of it. Because they were just two innocent human beings who were being turned into vampires and being minioned by Katherine. And Katherine was up to no good. So we're going to find out what the rest of that story was and how she participated in that time."

Will we ever see a good side to Katherine? "I think we're going to understand her," Williamson said. "We may not like her. We may not be sympathetic to her reasons. But it's very important to me for whenever we have bad characters come on to the show that they have a reason. When Anna first came on she wasn't a nice character. She kidnapped Elena and she was doing all these horrible things, but she was doing it because she wanted a mother. We all understood that. Pearl came back. She was an evil person, but she also had her reasons. She wanted her town back. She was doing it for her family. We will understand what makes [Katherine] tick. And why she's home and why she wants Stefan."
SDCC 10: Vampire Diaries Is Going To Kill Everyone - TV Feature at IGN

TVGuide.com: Nina Dobrev will be taking on two characters at the same time in the new season, playing both Elena and Katherine.
Plec: Nina is one of the nicest people in the world, and she makes the joke that Katherine is Nina on a Saturday night. Nina on a Saturday night is definitely feisty, but by no means an evil, manipulative, horrible troll. For her to be able to play both the moral center and soulful, compassionate character, and then the narcissistic, selfish, manipulative, naughty minx is big for her.

TVGuide.com: What is Katherine's goal this season?

Plec: She sets her sights on basically making sure that the Stefan [Paul Wesley] and Elena love story hits a snag. It's going to be fun seeing Stefan and Katherine come up against each other. Obviously it's fun to see Damon [Ian Somerhalder] and Katherine because there's a lot of history there, too, but the triangle becomes the square.

TVGuide.com: How long will it take Stefan and Damon to figure out it's not Elena?
Plec: They both know within the first 15 minutes of the first episode. Damon realizes he was duped, and Stefan comes face-to-face with Katherine. The fun of it is how Stefan responds to the moment, as opposed to how Damon responded to the moment.

TVGuide.com: You spent all of Season 1 leading up to Founders Day. What is the arc of Season 2?
Plec: What I loved about what Founders Day gave us is that we had this small town that was building up to its big anniversary, and the long arc of the show is that history repeats itself. We're going to do something like that this year, but we haven't landed on exactly what it is.

TVGuide.com: What came with the decision to kill off vampire Anna (Malese Jow) in the finale?
Plec: That is something, believe it or not, that Kevin [Williamson] and I never faltered on. We introduced the character knowing that her exit would [have] the most profound impact on Jeremy and Damon. For Damon, it was a glimpse of his humanity in that moment — he wanted to help her. We definitely knew she was there to make our heroes grow to a new level. We did it from a pure place and did it for a real reason.

TVGuide.com: Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) is now so immersed in the vampire world, so what will we see for him this season?
Plec: We refuse to say what happens to Jeremy other than the fact that he's "alive." Regardless of that, the most important thing for Jeremy is that he's going to come out the other side of this with a much, much deeper and much stronger sense of himself. He's going to be asking what his purpose is on this planet, so to speak. It's all because of all the loss: parents, Vicki, Anna, and then his own desire to end his own human life.

TVGuide.com: How close will you stay to the novels as you carry on?
Plec: The deeper we get into the series, ironically, the more we're going to be taking from the books. That's cool because we strayed so far so quickly, just by definition of trying to shape a good story in the right way for television. To find ourselves naturally returning to the source material and the villains that you met, it's kind of awesome.
Vampire Diaries' Julie Plec: The Love Triangle Becomes a Square - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Vampire Diaries’ Season 2 Werewolf Dish: When Will Tyler Completely Transform? Hollywood Crush
Both Michael and creator Kevin Williamson confirmed that Tyler will complete a full transformation during a full moon, but it won't happen until episode 8 or 9. "I'm not really sure yet where he will actually go through the transformation, but a lot leads up to that. It's a very multi-layered curse," Kevin hinted.
‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 2 Werewolf Dish: When Will Tyler Completely Transform? Hollywood Crush

Entertainment Talk: Someone on Vampire Diaries is gay!!
"It's one of those things that needs to feel organic and seamless," Williamson told a group of reporters on July 28 in Beverly Hills, Calif., where he was at The CW's party for the Television Critics Association press tour. "I don't want it to be a character that comes in and is a one off. I want someone to come in and have a reason and a purpose and really push that story forward the way I want to do it, and they're so important to the story that without them the show won't happen. That's what I want."
(...)
It's not going to be the werewolf either. That would be so obvious. Tyler Lockwood is going to wolf out this year, but don't read any more into that. "I kept joking with Michael Trevino going, 'Well, the werewolf's going to come out. He's going to come out of the closet.' And Michael Trevino said, 'Really? That's a tired allegory I just want to point out.' And he's right. It is. So I go, 'No, we're not doing that.' The werewolf story is an allegory on its own for any coming out story. It's a universal coming out story."

Williamson also won't force a character to be gay when they need to be something else for the show. He's writing a few guest star parts now that won't work as gay characters. "There's plenty of characters coming but the couple of regular characters that we're bringing in are female, so I guess they could be lesbians but we're bringing them in for love interests. Once the wheels are in motion, it's hard just to add something simply because you want to do it."
Entertainment Talk: Someone on Vampire Diaries is gay!!

‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 2: Elena Will Discover Why She Looks Like Katherine! Hollywood Crush
"We 100 percent go there," Kevin said of revealing why Katherine and Elena look so much alike. "It’s not an easy answer, it’s something I think Elena’s going to have to uncover, and I think the answers aren’t exactly what she wants to hear. But 100 percent, she is going to figure out the doppelganger aspect."

The "Vampire" mastermind elaborated that Elena would take the lead on figuring out why she's got a look-alike running around town.

"We’re going to play with the doppelganger and why does she look exactly like Katherine from 1864. And Elena takes that journey to uncover the truth because she wants to find out. Wouldn’t you want to know? I mean, it’s creepy," he added. Yes, Kevin, we would want to know.

Of course, with Katherine more heavily in the mix in season 2, there are bound to be lots of flashbacks.

"You know, we talked about the founder’s ball, back in 1864 but we never showed it [in season 1]. We have an opportunity to show it, and show what happened when Katherine was there. What’s she doing? Oh look and there’s Mr. Lockwood in the corner, what’s he up to? So there’s a way we can sort of connect everything and show you part B. The other half of the story that hasn’t been told yet," Kevin said, adding that flashbacks in the first 13 episodes will stick to Mystic Falls circa the 1860s.
‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 2: Elena Will Discover Why She Looks Like Katherine! Hollywood Crush

'Vampire Diaries': A First Episode 'Game Changer' Brings Bonnie And Caroline To Forefront Of Season 2

If finding out Jeremy's fate (vampire or not?!) on "The Vampire Diaries" season premiere didn't sound exciting enough, just wait until you see the new twist executive producer Kevin Williamson teased to Hollywood Crush at Comic-Con two weeks ago. Apparently, there's going to be plenty of action — and all of the characters will be around to watch it take place.

"Something happens in the first episode that’s sort of a game changer," Kevin said. "Everyone here was sworn to secrecy because it involves everyone. It’s going to help launch us into the second season in a fresh way and it will be fun."

And, thankfully, the game-changing event will also include our favorite female sidekicks, Katerina Graham and Candice Accola. If you thought the fact that both Kat and Candice were conspicuously absent from the "VD" panel at Comic-Con was fishy, fear not: their absence from San Diego was due to work scheduling, not casting cuts (we think...nothing's for certain on "VD" after all). Kevin told MTV News at the time, “Well, someone [referring to Candice] had to work today — well, Friday and tomorrow — when everyone was traveling!”

Actually, Kevin said he's excited to give the show's sideline characters a lot more camera time in season 2. "What’s nice about this is that Matt, Caroline, Tyler, and Bonnie were all sort of our secondary characters — they are not part of the triangle. Now, all the storylines I wanted to tell last year and didn’t have time, I can tell them. I’m grateful I can tell the stories I’ve been sitting on. It will involve Caroline and Bonnie and Matt and Tyler, and a new triangle will be born."

A new triangle, eh?

While Kevin didn't elaborate too much, he did confirm that the show is casting both the new character Vanessa (whom Damon and Alaric will meet while researching vampire mythology at Duke University), and another young lady. "At the moment, we’re also casting a love interest for a girl in between a friendship." Our theory: that girl will get in between Matt (Zach Roerig) and Tyler (Michael Trevino).

As far as specific plot information involving the supporting cast, Kevin shared an interesting tidbit about that little witch, Bonnie regarding that promise she made in the season 1 finale — to go after Damon if he kills another innocent person. "Bonnie had a wonderful season, and she’s going to hold true to her promise," Kevin said. "I think she says it in the first episode [of season 2]: she meant what she said, and she meant business. So she takes a point of view, and she doesn’t let up on it."
‘Vampire Diaries’: A First Episode ‘Game Changer’ Brings Bonnie And Caroline To Forefront Of Season 2 Hollywood Crush

How will the vamps and weres interact on The Vampire Diaries? — Tamara
MICKEY: "In our world, our vampires know very little about the werewolf mythology, other than what anybody who's watched Wolfman or read books has learned," says executive producer Julie Plec. "They're going to be surprised at what they can do." Well, not everyone will be surprised. Katherine, it turns out, has a long history with the werewolves of Mystic Falls.
Mega Buzz: Gibbs' NCIS Dilemma, a Housewife's New Job and Callie's Question on Grey's - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Comic-Con 2010 Round Up
The Vampire Diaries Comic Con 2010 Recorded Panel
The Vampire Diaries: Will Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder Smooch Again? We Ask 'Em! - E! Online
'The Vampire Diaries': Live blog from Comic-Con, bite by bite - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
'The Vampire Diaries's' Michael Trevino on Tyler's werewolf transformation and future love interest - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Damon still wants Katherine' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
'The Vampire Diaries': Nina Dobrev gets duplicitous at Comic-Con - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
‘Vampire Diaries’ Panel At Comic-Con 2010: Our Full Report! Hollywood Crush
The Vampire Diaries at Comic-Con: What You Missed - E! Online
Vampire Diaries Videos: Does Ian Somerhalder Have a Girlfriend? Hmmm... - E! Online
Exclusive 'Vampire Diaries' video: Who's getting an 'unlikely' new love interest?! | Ausiello | EW.com
YouTube - VAMPIRE DIARIES: Ian Somerhalder hits Comic Con, talks Damon and Katherine
SDCC 10: Vampire Diaries Is Going To Kill Everyone - TV Feature at IGN

Season 2 Preview for 2x01

The Vampire Diaries S1 Trailer - Extended Preview
Old 08-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening this, Jen

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 08-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Jen.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

Tftnt

Someone needs to photoshop Alrice (?) and Tyler into the OTP
Old 08-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
@ninadobrev First time doing Green Screen work. Its fun...yet challenging. You really have to use your imagination!
@zgeorge222 Filming inside carolines newly built house, enjoying myself between takes.
source: twitter

What about Damon's room?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT Jen

Endind this conversation hopefully hun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_zelda (View Post)
You said it just right: she let them have a device that kills vampires. And all she knows of vampires is that they are killers, they have no conscience. Stefan was the exception, and that went out the window when she witnessed him attacking Amber. So, most of what she's seen them do (Damon, Stefan, Isobel) and most of what she heard about (Katherine, maybe the tomb vampires) is downright bad. Now, I don't get why she should work to deactivate a device that could potentially take out a few of them and therefor save human lives? She did not think that Isobel never killed anyone (and John didn't kill humans, he killed vampires), the threat of kidnapping Jeremy alone was proof enough of that. And that is also exactly why she could not have said no to Elena: it was Jeremy's life at stake and she knew that Damon would not have given up the device while it was working. So she chose a way in which she could keep out of the vampire feud (were they aware that Isobel and John were working together?) and still save Jeremy. So, no, I don't think it would have been the same thing.
If she actually had worked with Damon that day, who would have lost? If she had deactivated the device, how many people of the town would have died? I think that kind of showed that while her decision may not have been good for Damon or the Mayor, it was the best decision for the town.
She didn't de activated the device in order to give it to another vampire (Isobel) when she knows vampires (including Stefan, so that means she didn't care if Stefan died at this moment ) are all killers? But that also means somehow that she doesn't accept their real nature: they are vampires, originally vampires live with human blood, so it's normal that Stefan did what he did even if he didn't want to because he IS a vampire and he can't change that...
But he's trying to change himself all the time, trying to drink animal blood so after seeing him drink human blood again she just goes ahead and decides all vampires are animals because one way or another they'll end up feeding on human blood? I can see her point, she tries to protect the humans but then I also can see Damon's point where he tries to protect vampires no matter what. And that's why I like Elena, she doesn't look at Stefan or Damon as vampires, she looks at them for who they are inside.
But Elena would have found some other ways to do it, we'll never know. And I don't see why Bonnie had to come and lie to her, when she was afraid of loosing her brother's life there. She could have just said "I would like to help you but I'm sorry I can't" and I think Elena would have understood her and she would have found another way to save her brother's life. Doing "as if" all was fine and "as if" she was going to help Elena wasn't right here. I wouldn't appreciate if a friend did that to me when she knows that I've lost my parents, that I might lose my brother. I would rather prefer her not to come and see me in this moment

We don't know what would have happened if she hadn't deactivated it, but we know that Damon & Stefan would have fought with the humans to save their lives (and that including Bonnie) and not against them... We know that Anna wouldn't have died, and the same for some other vampires who weren't just "bad"... We don't know how many "good" vampires lives have been lost there

Quote:
My post was originally a reply to someone saying how they want Bonnie to grow up and get over it (or something, I don't remember). I don't want her to get over it. And I personally, would not want Elena as a friend. She's awfully quick to abandon her friends' feelings in order to be friends with Damon.
I don't want Bonnie to up and forgive Damon right away either, because it would do a disservice to what the show had established at the beginning. The writers wanted Damon to be bad, they wanted him to do deplorable, horrific things that shocked the people in this town. And now they need to realistically establish how people will be able to forgive and learn to trust him. If everyone in this town never mentioned Damon's deeds again, then where is that showing that he needs to work for forgiveness? Where is that showing that what he did was truly horrific and deplorable when every character just goes: "Oh, but he did it all for love, it's okay." and drops the subject? I don't think that's the kind of thing that can happen in Offscreenville.

I think we did. He joked about Caroline and she did not say anything. Not even a "that's not funny", nothing. He tried to kill Bonnie, he could have succeeded. But she doesn't mention that when she saves his life two episodes later. It's just "forgotten". Just because she didn't say out loud "I forgive you", doesn't mean she hasn't. Her expecting Bonnie to help her despite of what Damon did to her shows that she has forgiven
About Elena, I don't think she's an horrible friend, she's very truthfull in what she is, and if she wasn't there enough for Bonnie it had nothing to do with Damon but with her problems with 1.Stefan drinking human blood again, 2. Her brother getting kidnapped. She tried to talk to Bonnie again, but Bonnie never gave her a chance, the tomb story wasn't all Elena's fault, it was mostly Damon's fault so I agree Bonnie has the right to hate Damon for that, for her grandmother's death but not Elena...

Telling that Damon did what he did for love is not droping the subject, it's just saying that maybe if ANY other character was in this situation he would do the SAME thing. No one is perfect

About the Caroline joke I agree she could have said something But not saying anything, doesn't mean she didn't think about it.
And about him trying to kill Bonnie, she did say something! She said to Lexi's boyfriend that he shouldn't become like Damon, that he had to be different, react in a different way than just revenge, so I don't think it's fair to say she didn't say anything there. She didn't say anything directly like "What you did to Bonnie, it wasn't right" but she said "she was good so that means you're good too, you're better than him (Damon)" by that meaning she didn't see Damon like a "good" guy, she didn't forget what he did. Her expecting Bonnie to help her despite what Damon did shows how much she felt close to Bonnie, how much she trusted her most than anything else that would have to do with Damon.

Quote:
I was talking about an episode there; I was referring to mainly Lexi and Bree

Like I said, my point is not that now everyone has to distrust Damon again. My point is that I don't think Bonnie deserves the hate she gets for not trusting Damon, for putting her foot down and saying that she will take him down if he kills innocent people again. She would not give this ultimatum if she didn't think it were possible, so she's already taken a step towards him. Now it's time for him to fulfill his end of the bargain. But I really dislike how her issues with Damon are downplayed by Elena; hell, even Stefan understood right away why Bonnie hadn't de-activated the device. And I think that the writers are in danger of taking Elena's "seeing the good in Damon" too far in favor of pushing the triangle. But that's my opinion.

ETA: Someone needs to get the new thread, please
I don't think Elena ever knew what Damon did to Bree, and she was the one (with Lexi's boyfriend) trying to kill Damon. I disagree with Damon killing, I don't think it's good, but I don't think Bree was innocent. I think Lexi was She didn't deserve to die! And I think Stefan was the one forgiving him quite quickly, I think it's the one (with the teacher's) murder I really hated

I agree with what you said about Bonnie, as I said I can understand why she hates Damon for the moment, I just don't understand why she behaves the way she did with Elena Elena trusted her! I think both were wrong this time, Bonnie is no saint and neither is Elena. Elena should have been there for Bonnie much more but Bonnie shouldn't have stopped talking to her, acted like she hated her then lied to her as if she was going to help her.
I think that what Bonnie did at the end for Elena shows that they might become friends again in S2, and forgive each other for what they did, well I hope that's what will happen

Thanks to Jade for the icon!!

Last edited by ElizaSparrow; 08-04-2010 at 10:41 AM
Old 08-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirime (View Post)
source: twitter

What about Damon's room?
That´s what I´m DYING to see as well
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Elite Fan

Eliza I'm not quoting you, because the post will get too long and this is my last post to this topic anyway

You say that Bonnie lied to Elena and didn't help her. But that's not true. She DID help. She helped in the way that she tricked Damon (whom she doesn't like anyway) to get Jeremy free. How is that not helping Elena? Just because she didn't do exactly what Elena said doesn't mean she didn't help. The end result was: device for Jeremy. Whether or not the device was working had nothing to do with that deal. Was it right that Bonnie lied? No, probably not. But do you really believe that Bonnie should have told Elena that no, she wasn't going to deactivate the device, no matter whether it could save Jeremy or not? Being someone's friend doesn't always mean doing exactly what they want if that doesn't go along with your morals. Deactivating the device did not go along with Bonnie's morals, but the end result was the same: Damon gave up the device, Jeremy went free. How is that not helping?

Also, none of them knew what Isobel wanted to do with the device, did they? I can't remember it all in detail, but as far as I know, they didn't know that it was going towards John in order to be used in the town.
Would Anna still be alive? Yes. Would Ben still be alive had Anna not come to town? Yes. She's not an innocent vampire, either.

You also say that Bonnie doesn't accept the true nature of vampires, but I think she does, and she understands the consequences. She understands that vampires need blood to survive, she understands that Stefan has been living off of animal blood. But what she also understands is that most of the time during those vampire meals (general vampires, not Damon and Stefan in particular), humans are killed or mind raped or toyed with and discarded like puppets. And that is the point she doesn't agree with, it's the point that Elena overlooks (for reasons that I don't question). If Bonnie didn't see Stefan and Damon for who they were, she would not have warned Stefan at the end of Founder's Day. She does see the good in Stefan, and she sees that it's possible for Damon (she could have left him in the fire, after all). She knows it's a part of their existence, but she's not willing to let innocent people - people she knows - suffer because Damon is feeling a snack coming on, you know?

ETA: That's why I can sympathize much more with Bonnie and relate to her. She's not going to forget about what happened and about what they are just because they're "temporarily" nice to her. Stefan saved her life, yes, but she also saw him go off the deep end with Amber. There's always a chance that either one of those guys could lose it and she's not willing to take that chance. She's also not in love with one of them, which makes that easier for her than for Elena. There are three positions displayed: the abused (Caroline), the friend of someone who's been abused (Elena) and the person who's both (Bonnie). Out of those three, Bonnie's actions are the ones I agree with the most. And what I meant with me not wanting to Elena to be my friend: if one of my best friends started hanging out with the guy who abused me, it would feel like a slap in my face.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj

Last edited by sweet_zelda; 08-04-2010 at 10:57 AM
Old 08-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

I'm trying so so hard to go around these long posts especially trying to ignore the parts that say Elena is a horrible friend..

buy anyway, TFTNT

& I want to see Damon's room too!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread Jen!

Also agree with you Lynn.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Tftnt
Old 08-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

nina just tweeted this pic

ninadobrev Ian+I @ a photoshoot -Not sure if I tweeted these pix already on Twitpic - Ian+I @ a photoshoot -Not sure if
I tweeted these pix already
Old 08-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

and one with paul

Not sure if I tweeted these pix already..Photoshoot-Paul+I on Twitpic - Not sure if I tweeted these pix already..Photoshoot-Paul+I
Old 08-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just got caught up on the last spoiler thread and noticed that no one threw out this speculation -- is Vanessa Meredith?? A smart grad student involved with folklore-type studies (and a crush on Alaric!) sure sounds like the Meredith I remember from the books. Also, the actress that's been cast for Vanessa has the physical attributes (dark hair, dark/tan skin tone, etc.) that I associated with the book character...things that make me go HMMM?

ETA: Ohh, I that pic of Nina/Ian. GORGEOUS.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

those are gorgeous pics.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread