Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Babi* (View Post)
don't you feel a little bit annoyed by her behavior in that clip?
I like many things about Caroline, but the writers are being overboard right now. It's not apocalypse as some suggested. But she's endangering humans' lives just so she can have 'the most important day of her life'. There's a limit to be shallow and I'm actually surprise people don't have a problem with that.
I don't even doubt she would proceed it with even if she knew Bonnie had died. She would convince ghost!Bonnie to be there herself, and then after the amazing event they would care about fixing it. And this version of her? I want it far, far away from Klaus, thank you very much. Tyler or the next boy in line can have it.
well, I'm more annoyed that they write Bonnie as this self-sacrificing sexless loner girl.
Caroline on the other hand is the girl who celebrates life, who is optimistic and wants everyone to have the perfect senior year.
well, of course she wouldn't proceed like this. Her friends mean the world to her.
This version of her is her. Even in the midst of all the crap she stays optimistic. This is her.

Quote:
OT, but I love your avatar cinnamoncookie. Kat really has the most beautiful smile.
thanks it's the "we're doomed - but we're still smiling"-smile.

The Musketeers Campaign Thread
Old 05-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
don't you feel a little bit annoyed by her behavior in that clip?
And this version of her? I want it far, far away from Klaus, thank you very much. Tyler or the next boy in line can have it.
LOL,TBH i want baby daddy Klaus FAR away from Caroline.I'd rather she scrub Elena's floors then baby sit that were monster.

Quote:
I actually used to like this side of Caroline... how she desperately tries to be normal. It's always been a facade IMO.
But as with everything else, they had to go overboard with it, and nowadays Caroline is nothing but a parody of herself. And the same can probably be said about most of the characters
Exactly,its already been established she is a very human vampire so its not ooc for her to worry about human events like graduation but its beyond ridic they are making her worry about that stuff when there are ghosts walking all around the town.The show does not know how to balance everything out anymore.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
well, I'm more annoyed that they write Bonnie as this self-sacrificing sexless loner girl.
Caroline on the other hand is the girl who celebrates life, who is optimistic and wants everyone to have the perfect senior year.
well, of course she wouldn't proceed like this. Her friends mean the world to her.
This version of her is her. Even in the midst of all the crap she stays optimistic. This is her.
Omg.we finally agree on something.Is this even real

Altho,i have to say her optimism is beyond annoying at this point.I wish they made her a little realistic lol

Old 05-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamoncookie (View Post)
omg Babi, everything you like about Caroline is Klaroline.
I agree. I like Klaus and Caroline outside of their scenes together, but mostly just Klaus because Caroline alone does bore me a bit. So, although it's sad, Babi may be right to only enjoy her around Klaus, but that's also subjective.

Quote:
And graduation isn't the most important day of anyone's lives. At least not high school's
Not really...graduation from high school is a pretty big thing, the problem is that Caroline repeatedly tries to distract herself and everyone else from things that shouldn't be a priority, and it's not like they couldn't postpone graduation until the veil thing was resolved
Old 05-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Eyes (View Post)
Omg.we finally agree on something.Is this even real

Altho,i have to say her optimism is beyond annoying at this point.I wish they made her a little realistic lol
i think we have agreeded on things before.

it's "heigthened"

Quote:
I agree. I like Klaus and Caroline outside of their scenes together, but mostly just Klaus because Caroline alone does bore me a bit. So, although it's sad, Babi may be right to only enjoy her around Klaus, but that's also subjective.
enjoy what you want guys it's your right.

I just think if she is only likable around one character, than you can replace her with any other character.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don´t know if I can even watch the final ... that webclip is enough already for me.

Thanks for posting the JP interview Flora

What can I say? Fanpandering thy name is Julie Plec. I hate her priorities so much, this is not a objective EP talking but a stan talking.

From that interview:
Quote:
sent him running from town like a chicken
She has no respect for some of the characters she is writing for ... no respect and that also reminds me of the Sig Fi had for some time. Carina and JP are really soulmates.

Also:
Quote:
there's definitely plenty of those people rooting against that twosome
Sounds like she is judging people who think it is not okay for Caroline to be with the guy that killed so many people, Tyler and his mom.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

I don't see it as desperately trying to be human. I see it as being irresponsible, shallow and almost stupid...
There are supernatural beings all around and she wants to throw parties...

I didn't complain about prom or whatever else she did, but this is a stretch.

And Tri, are you sure you're a KC fan? It fits better the description of TC fans enjoying Caroline scrubbing Elena's floor... after all they have no problem with her lack of story lines and relevance as long as she's there looking sappy and in love, as the dotting girlfriend
But I do agree with you about the werebaby. I want nothing to do with it and I don't think Caroline would ever go there to babysit because I honestly don't think this baby will be born and if it is, it won't make it. It doesn't fit the show to have a baby and if JP goes as far as copying Angel to the stretch of making the baby grow up in a couple of episodes, then I think not even Joseph Morgan's and Daniel Gillies' dimples can make me watch TO

I think Caroline could be great... but she probably won't as Bonnie and Tyler are ~alive testaments of the lack of investment the writers have in the secondary characters. Caroline used to be different. Now she's just JP self-insert and the fairy among the vampires.
x
Old 05-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora. (View Post)

Not really...graduation from high school is a pretty big thing, the problem is that Caroline repeatedly tries to distract herself and everyone else from things that shouldn't be a priority, and it's not like they couldn't postpone graduation until the veil thing was resolved
and that's my point entirely.
At prom the only thing they had to deal was a psycho Elena... so I saw no problem with that.
But now she's really careless about the so important human lives she won't feed from and will have three seconds of grief for killing - like the witches - and she doesn't see that fixing the damn thing is more important than high school graduation...

I also like Caroline far from Klaus. I like her friendship with Stefan A LOT. I like when she enlightens things when everybody is pessimist or negative. That's not the case at all. It's not about people being sad, it's about putting everyone in school and their families at risk because she has to have the human experience.
That's shallow in my books... it's okay if you guys think she's being her amazing self.
x
Old 05-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
It fits better the description of TC fans enjoying Caroline scrubbing Elena's floor... after all they have no problem with her lack of story lines and relevance as long as she's there looking sappy and in love, as the dotting girlfriend
I'm gonna ignore this since I generalized KC fans that one time.

Quote:
She has no respect for some of the characters she is writing for ... no respect and that also reminds me of the Sig Fi had for some time. Carina and JP are really soulmates.
I know. Kat and Trevino should just leave and never come back. but you know how i feel about this...
Carina JP

Old 05-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just think if she is only likable around one character, than you can replace her with any other character.
I like her with the other characters, it's her actions and priorities that I don't like, such as forcing Elena to attend a picnic the day after Jenna dies. Her optimism is over the top, it is her best and worst trait
Old 05-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamoncookie (View Post)
I'm gonna ignore this since I generalized KC fans that one time.
Well, I don't remember any TC fans in this thread - when they used to come here - complain about her lack of storyline. Everything that seemed to matter was Caroline sighing and loving Tyler, but do correct me if I'm wrong... I've never seen any TC fan complaining of Caroline's writing. Ever. You said me that I only care about Caroline when she's around Klaus. I was always under the impression all TC I know have no problem with her lack of relevance as long as she's by Tyler's side. His lack of storyline seemed to bother a few of them (as it led to him leaving town way too often), but hers, not at all. They were all satisfied at her loving him with all her being... and nothing more. But do correct me.
x
Old 05-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I don't see it as desperately trying to be human. I see it as being irresponsible, shallow and almost stupid...
There are supernatural beings all around and she wants to throw parties...

I didn't complain about prom or whatever else she did, but this is a stretch.
It depends on everyone's perspective i guess.Caroline's obsession does have a lot to do with trying to cling to her humanity,its even been implied a lot of times in s3.

Quote:
And Tri, are you sure you're a KC fan? It fits better the description of TC fans enjoying Caroline scrubbing Elena's floor... after all they have no problem with her lack of story lines and relevance as long as she's there looking sappy and in love, as the dotting girlfriend
But I do agree with you about the werebaby. I want nothing to do with it and I don't think Caroline would ever go there to babysit because I honestly don't think this baby will be born and if it is, it won't make it. It doesn't fit the show to have a baby and if JP goes as far as copying Angel to the stretch of making the baby grow up in a couple of episodes, then I think not even Joseph Morgan's and Daniel Gillies' dimples can make me watch TO
Bahahahhaa,No.I am a Caroline fan first and foremost.I want whats best for her and whats best for her right now is to stay single and rule the world lol.But since thats not gonna happen,i'd rather she stay in MF or with her friends than be irrelevant in NO.I am not interested in fanfic-y interactions of her and the originals.I wanted her to go to NO,but with the baby plot and considering the way JP got it approved,i don't think they are going to kill it too soon and i don't want Caroline anywhere that mess.Sometimes i wish they'd just drop Klaroline so i won't have to worry about her crossing over to NO,lol.

LOL,i am going to defend TC fans for once and say its not only them who like this version of Caroline.Plenty of KC fans also like that version of Caroline.Just with Klaus.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
And Tri, are you sure you're a KC fan?
So it's okay to say Klaus deserves better, deserves someone up to his standards, while still somewhat shipping KC, yet it's not okay for her to think Caroline doesn't deserve to be around drama in Louisiana?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelisse (View Post)
I actually used to like this side of Caroline... how she desperately tries to be normal. It's always been a facade IMO
It used to be a good characterization, now it's just bad writing.

I didn't watch the webclip, but I guess this post could be relevant (Re:Caroline)?

Quote:
and nowadays Caroline is nothing but a parody of herself. And the same can probably be said about most of the characters
basically. well done writers
Old 05-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora. (View Post)
I like her with the other characters, it's her actions and priorities that I don't like, such as forcing Elena to attend a picnic the day after Jenna dies. Her optimism is over the top, it is her best and worst trait
I get what you mean. though i think her character traits define her actions.

Tyler and Klaus challenge her opinions. with Tyler it's the whole anti-salvatore/elena thing. with klaroline, there's also a challenge. though the bad writing only props Klaus' manpain.

Quote:
Well, I don't remember any TC fans in this thread - when they used to come here - complain about her lack of storyline. Everything that seemed to matter was Caroline sighing and loving Tyler, but do correct me if I'm wrong... I've never seen any TC fan complaining of Caroline's writing. Ever. You said me that I only care about Caroline when she's around Klaus. I was always under the impression all TC I know have no problem with her lack of relevance as long as she's by Tyler's side. His lack of storyline seemed to bother a few of them (as it led to him leaving town way too often), but hers, not at all. They were all satisfied at her loving him with all her being... and nothing more. But do correct me.
I did complain. over and over again. caroline has no storyline. she is a love interest. they hint at storylines, but they quickly drop them to put her in another ship. It's not her character that bothers me, like it seems to bother you, it's the lack of storyline. Tyler had a storyline. I said this over and over again too. it got abruptly cut off. but he had one.
I wanted them to be a dynamic. but they don't care enough for this ship.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread